What are your thoughts on COD Classic??

Dreadnought190

Hey everyone :), I'm just curious on what you all think of this game on ps3. I thought this game was ok, maybe cause I'm used to the technologically advanced games these days, but I thought it was alright. It felt pretty repetitive sometimes and also felt unnecessarily hard even on Normal. I only played this game on Vet. on the first 2 missions and didn't feel like playing this for a while. The graphics did look pretty good on HD even for a game that came out long ago on pc. The controls felt a little odd to me so I used #7 on the right analog stick sensitivity and it felt better and stuck w/ that. I can't tell you how many times I've an MP40 sub-machine gun so I honestly don't like that gun anymore, but I do enjoy using the BAR (Browning Assault Rifle) and a few other weapons as well. This game is around 8 or so hours (possibly less) on Normal and there's some replayablility as well (Hardened and Veteran). The sound fx are not too bad, but not like the games these days. But still they're pretty solid and still a fair amount of stregnth in them.

Overall I'd give this game about 7.8 on this game. I hope this is also beneficial for those looking to play/purchase this game. Thanks and let me know what you guys think of this game. :D

EDITED: I would just like to clarify that I didn't give up on this game during veteran, I just didn't play it cause I played enough WW2 games back in the day to last me 6 lifetimes. So I found it a little repetitive, but one day I'll get back to playing it ;). Thank you!:D

Edited by Dreadnought190

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fun game, but if you are looking for trophies then.... well actually it is pretty easy on trophies as well with the exception of a couple.

Graphics, I understand that they are bad because of the time released but for their time they're really good graphics.

Gameplay, Fun as almost every Call of Duty game has been.

I'd rate this an 8 because it is a challenge but can be one of them games *cough Mirrors Edge* that will pull your hair out.

The worst thing about this game is the controls scheme. L2 and R2 should be remapped to L1 and R1.

I'll agree on that one, or at least let us decide which buttons we want for them.

What disappoints me the most is they had a opportunity to map a dedicated grenade button for this. How many times have you thought that throwing a grenade could get you killed because you couldn't switch to your weapon of choice on-time? I just resort to spraying bullets in those close situations.

i can say that this game is hell if your a person who gives up fast but its fun and presents a good challenge.

I don't mean to be rude but I didn't say I gave up, I just didn't want 2 play it 4 a while. I still think its a pretty solid gaming experience that kinda brings u back on memory lane(even if I never played the pc version). Veteran difficulty is super hard, I even struggled w/ a few missions on Normal. But eventually I'll try & beat Veteran in the future. :D

Edited by Dreadnought190

Okay, I just finished the level where you have to defend the Pegasus Bridge. I tried for over an hour to do it legit; listening to Captain Price's instructions, trying to destroy the tanks, etc... Impossible. It's a good the thing the guide had the wussie way of doing it, because without that I would never have made it through.

Anyway I've come to a couple of conclusions:

1. This game is pure crap. It's not fun...AT ALL! It's only maddeningly frustrating.

2. If you enjoyed this game then you're a masochist. No two ways about it.

If you do decide to try and get the trophies for this horrible game then you should know a few things:

1. Cover means nothing in a lot of levels. You'll be prone behind a sand barrier and get shot from Heaven knows where. And it'll be a head shot.

2. Apparently Hitler was right. The Germans were the master race...at least when it comes to gun accuracy. They can hit you dead between the eyes when they're running full force or climbing over a wall, jumping, anything.

3. This game pretends to be a war game implying squad work, but in actuality you'll need to be Rambo in a number of places. Why in the world you have to be the person to lead point every time, clear every room, take out every tank, take out every machine gun nest is beyond me.

4. The checkpoint system is HORRIBLE! I can't quite figure out how it works. Sometimes you'll make it through half a level, die and have to start from the very beginning. After a dozen times doing that insanity you'll then get a check point at the one quarter mark. It makes NO sense.

If it weren't for the trophies this game would have been deleted long ago.

I understand your frustrated at the game but you should stick at it and don't give up so easily :think:

I don't mean to be rude, but I never gave up. I played LOTS of WW2 games like this one so after a while it got a little repetitive. So this was a game I may need to give a break. But yeah, when I start again, I won't give up 'til I get this (P). I didn't give up w/ Mirror's Edge til I got (P) and dang that was hard as heck, but when I got it, it was one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced. I felt like a champion among others who have it too.

Lots of :respect: to those who got the (P) for this game.:D I think I should've started this game on Vet. instead of Normal, but I can't do much about that now.

I don't mean to be rude, but I never gave up. I played LOTS of WW2 games like this one so after a while it got a little repetitive. So this was a game I may need to give a break. But yeah, when I start again, I won't give up 'til I get this (P). I didn't give up w/ Mirror's Edge til I got (P) and dang that was hard as heck, but when I got it, it was one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced. I felt like a champion among others who have it too.

Lots of :respect: to those who got the (P) for this game.:D I think I should've started this game on Vet. instead of Normal, but I can't do much about that now.

indeed you should never give up. it may be hard and all, but the reward is platinum so its worth it.

p.s. mirrors edge is not hard to platinum, belive me, hard in mirror's edge is to get 100%, yup 90 stars :)

p.s. mirrors edge is not hard to platinum, belive me, hard in mirror's edge is to get 100%, yup 90 stars :)

You must have some serious skills then. I actually used 2 beat up my bedroom door from fustration lol. I was trying to 3 star everything one @ time. Might do the same w/ this game on Vet. lol :p Those punks are expert shots no matter where u hide...ugh. Very absent grenade locater system too. So u need to pay close attention to the sounds of a grenade or 2 hitting the floor too.

Just use the lean function if you are getting easily sniped meters away. Its probably the most underutilized feature in the game. You'd be surprised how many stooges will be sniped down without you taking a hit :D

You don't have to die a lot in veteran, I know I didn't. But apparently most in this forum and the guide seem to suggest the bloody route first even if you have to play it three times anyway. I still think hardened is the best first run if you never played the game before. The health packs keep you moving and you'll be well-prepared when they are taken away in your next run.

The biggest reason is you'll know all the checkpoints which helps you focus on certain points in the level where you should not get shot. If you knew to avoid getting hit at all costs at a certain spot before stepping to a checkpoint, you'd be surprised how much grief you'll save yourself if you have to repeat a section.

wait for episode lorry espace and you will know whats hell

Believe me I know my friend, even on normal I was stuck on that one for like close to an hour I think. Hated that one w/ a passion but felt good when I finally got that through that. Now Veteran however...that's a different story to tell the kids during the evening before their bedtime after they get a glass of warm milk lol :p

I honestly don't think this game deserves a Platinum Trophy... it's a remake of an old old ass game that is on PSN or given away free with MW2 collectors edition. It has mediocre, at best, gameplay.... By this standard we should've got a Platinum for the TCOR: Escape from Butcher's Bay HD Remake too...

Edited by AUSPUFF