XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #11
Gr8Mustache

Okay, I just finished the level where you have to defend the Pegasus Bridge. I tried for over an hour to do it legit; listening to Captain Price's instructions, trying to destroy the tanks, etc... Impossible. It's a good the thing the guide had the wussie way of doing it, because without that I would never have made it through.

Anyway I've come to a couple of conclusions:
1. This game is pure crap. It's not fun...AT ALL! It's only maddeningly frustrating.
2. If you enjoyed this game then you're a masochist. No two ways about it.

If you do decide to try and get the trophies for this horrible game then you should know a few things:
1. Cover means nothing in a lot of levels. You'll be prone behind a sand barrier and get shot from Heaven knows where. And it'll be a head shot.
2. Apparently Hitler was right. The Germans were the master race...at least when it comes to gun accuracy. They can hit you dead between the eyes when they're running full force or climbing over a wall, jumping, anything.
3. This game pretends to be a war game implying squad work, but in actuality you'll need to be Rambo in a number of places. Why in the world you have to be the person to lead point every time, clear every room, take out every tank, take out every machine gun nest is beyond me.
4. The checkpoint system is HORRIBLE! I can't quite figure out how it works. Sometimes you'll make it through half a level, die and have to start from the very beginning. After a dozen times doing that insanity you'll then get a check point at the one quarter mark. It makes NO sense.

If it weren't for the trophies this game would have been deleted long ago.

PS3 Trophies
Gr8Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #12
Donzie75

I understand your frustrated at the game but you should stick at it and don't give up so easily
Donzie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #13
Faria1st

So I guess this isn't Call of Duty Game I should buy first considering I've never played one?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #14
Dreadnought190

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzie75 View Post
I understand your frustrated at the game but you should stick at it and don't give up so easily
I don't mean to be rude, but I never gave up. I played LOTS of WW2 games like this one so after a while it got a little repetitive. So this was a game I may need to give a break. But yeah, when I start again, I won't give up 'til I get this . I didn't give up w/ Mirror's Edge til I got and dang that was hard as heck, but when I got it, it was one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced. I felt like a champion among others who have it too.

Lots of to those who got the for this game. I think I should've started this game on Vet. instead of Normal, but I can't do much about that now.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:36 AM   #15
imshamir14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought190 View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but I never gave up. I played LOTS of WW2 games like this one so after a while it got a little repetitive. So this was a game I may need to give a break. But yeah, when I start again, I won't give up 'til I get this . I didn't give up w/ Mirror's Edge til I got and dang that was hard as heck, but when I got it, it was one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced. I felt like a champion among others who have it too.

Lots of to those who got the for this game. I think I should've started this game on Vet. instead of Normal, but I can't do much about that now.
indeed you should never give up. it may be hard and all, but the reward is platinum so its worth it.

p.s. mirrors edge is not hard to platinum, belive me, hard in mirror's edge is to get 100%, yup 90 stars

Hard / Time consuming platinums in my collection

CoD Classic | GTA IV | Killzone 2 | Mirror's edge (100%) | Operation Flashpoint: DR | Resistance 2 | Sacred 2
imshamir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #16
manga13

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Its pretty good
I like the story a lot as well
It presents a challenge which i like so i think this game is awesome
Old 01-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #17
Dreadnought190

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imshamir14 View Post
p.s. mirrors edge is not hard to platinum, belive me, hard in mirror's edge is to get 100%, yup 90 stars
You must have some serious skills then. I actually used 2 beat up my bedroom door from fustration lol. I was trying to 3 star everything one @ time. Might do the same w/ this game on Vet. lol Those punks are expert shots no matter where u hide...ugh. Very absent grenade locater system too. So u need to pay close attention to the sounds of a grenade or 2 hitting the floor too.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #18
technole
Maximum Clubs Director

Awards Showcase Tech's Turrets Syndrome   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)

Just use the lean function if you are getting easily sniped meters away. Its probably the most underutilized feature in the game. You'd be surprised how many stooges will be sniped down without you taking a hit

You don't have to die a lot in veteran, I know I didn't. But apparently most in this forum and the guide seem to suggest the bloody route first even if you have to play it three times anyway. I still think hardened is the best first run if you never played the game before. The health packs keep you moving and you'll be well-prepared when they are taken away in your next run.

The biggest reason is you'll know all the checkpoints which helps you focus on certain points in the level where you should not get shot. If you knew to avoid getting hit at all costs at a certain spot before stepping to a checkpoint, you'd be surprised how much grief you'll save yourself if you have to repeat a section.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #19
c0ler

wait for episode lorry espace and you will know whats hell

PSN: c0ler_84 | CoolerDBZ XBOX LIVE: ColerDBZ
c0ler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #20
secano

What do I think about this game?? I THINK IS A F****** HARD ASS GAME!! Will never play this s*** again! I got Plat though....
secano is offline   Reply With Quote