Truck Ride to Airfield: WTF!

MerioMerio

This is by far the hardest section in the whole game, and on veteran difficulty, i did it. I was at the end, no more enemies, BUT, i shooted my buddy at the end... game over... I think through the 3 playtriughs i playied this section 500 times at least till now and at veteran i restarded the level coz i wasnt fully health at the checkpoint. I mean... this sux... failed at the end so dumbly, damn, i cant stand it...

How did you pull this off? I've never been able to get the bulletproof trophy.

Well, i menaged to be full health at the checkpoint than i took no more damage. The tip is when the last car comes to you you are gonna take damage for sure BUT if u keep a rocket launcher (or panzer, or how u call it) for that last car and shoot it at the right time (it means where the car suppose to spawn just after the curve) than u can be able to take no more damage till the end. Also stay crouch as much as possible and never use directional buttons, moving left or rigth automatically means to be shooted. Btw i was surprised too i had no damage at the end!!!

ps: also ignore the 3 guyz walking at the rigth side of the street, they r gonna not hit you as long as u stay crouch and destroy the last car as i wrote above. Than the last two vans are easy enough to take down without taking damage (but dont shoot your buddy as i did first, lol :) )

ps: also ignore the 3 guyz walking at the rigth side of the street, they r gonna not hit you as long as u stay crouch and destroy the last car as i wrote above. Than the last two vans are easy enough to take down without taking damage (but dont shoot your buddy as i did first, lol :) )

This is what I did. If you take too long on them, you're dead, because the car that appears as those 3 guys appear, shoot the Panzer unusually quicker than everyone else in the mission. So just ignore them.

For Bulletproof, do it on the 1st mission. It's easy to get inside the house (checkpoint) unscathed as you only need to kill 3 people beforehand, and after that just take your time and let your team do most of the work. You still get the trophy no matter how many times you take damage and then load a previous save from the previous checkpoint. So keep loading until you beat it. I think you can get the trophy on Greenhorn difficulty, I personality got it on regular so cant verify that and never played on Greenhorn, but have heard it's ridiculously easier than regular.

• 1 month later...

I've been stuck at the this stupid level for 2 days!!! I cannot get a checkpoint activated!!! I've been at 100% health and no checkpoints. I'm pretty sure I can get to that car part mentioned above and have been saving a panzerfaust for him. But somehow I always die afterwards. I don't even know how. I remember seeing a truck off to the side. Then boom! Restart from the beginning. Hardest veteran run EVER. And it's not even halfway through the game is it? :(

I've been stuck at the this stupid level for 2 days!!! I cannot get a checkpoint activated!!! I've been at 100% health and no checkpoints. I'm pretty sure I can get to that car part mentioned above and have been saving a panzerfaust for him. But somehow I always die afterwards. I don't even know how. I remember seeing a truck off to the side. Then boom! Restart from the beginning. Hardest veteran run EVER. And it's not even halfway through the game is it? :(

Yes but don't worry too much, once u pass this the only other hard mission is the one on the ship. Btw i think u die bcz of a truck whc fast spawns on your left with soldier in it shooting at you- Try to stay crouch and turn to your left, than shoot those soldiers THROUGH the wooden partition of your truck

PS: if you have at least 33% of your health you will have a checkpoint at the tunnel after the bridge section, btw it is way better if u menage to reach that checkpoint with almost full health

Yes but don't worry too much, once u pass this the only other hard mission is the one on the ship. Btw i think u die bcz of a truck whc fast spawns on your left with soldier in it shooting at you- Try to stay crouch and turn to your left, than shoot those soldiers THROUGH the wooden partition of your truck

If this was one of the two hardest missions then I'm thankful. 3 days it took me to beat it. :mad: I ended up saving the panzerfaust for one of the two trucks right at the end that kept killing me. Then fired madly through the wood like you said, I didn't know you could do that. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I almost lost it on this one with the stray bullets that you can't do anything about. Beating this level after 20+ tries felt so good. I hate missions that are chance based and I feel like this one really is.

The Dam and the ship missions weren't that bad (though they took many tries) because at least when I messed up I knew it was my fault.

At this point I'm really hoping that there are no more driving missions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i only need two trophies for plat, beat on veteran and hardened. i figure id do the veteran first then go back and do hardened. but this is the level im stuck at. dunno wat im doin wrong, i get almost to the end and they get me every time. this one really pisses me off. i guess ill sit down again again oen day and get this damn game done.

• 1 year later...

Took me quite some tries but it was not too annoying for me ...

in the beginning i was really confused because i did not understand how ''hits'' were working and where they were coming from.

Health 100% to first checkpoint is not a problem. Once i figured out how to accurately shoot the Bren-gun from the hip and actually shooting through your own truck, hitting oncoming bikes and cars as soon as possible ... that immediately helped a ton! After not 10 good tries I made it ... even missed the truck near the end with a bazooka that i saved up.

Im glad this is done. The most sucky part is the last car that races uphill with 320mp/h per hour and always perfect-aim shoot you. You either loose 40% or 80% health or just insta-kill you ... luckfactor needed there.

In the end, the mine-cart ride in Medal of Honor Frontline is far worse, also the truck-ride in Frontline is easily as annoying as this one (especially when it glitches). In Cod Classic you dont have to worry about 10% health carrying over to the next level or having to replay the whole map because there are no checkpoints .... seriously, COD classic can't make me scream, i'm already traumatised way worse than this

Edited by Yokel

• 4 months later...