What is the hardest mission on veteran mode?

What is the hardest mission to complete on veteran difficulty?  

395 members have voted

1. 1. What is the hardest mission to complete on veteran difficulty?

• Project Nova
    • Vortuke
    • Executive Order
    • SOG
    • The Defector
    • WMD
    • Payback
    • Rebirth
    • Revelations
    • Redemption

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently on SOG, and I feel it's going to be tough. I had a tough time going downhill (oh, you know what I'm talking about) on Regular, and I'm having a lot of trouble on it in Veteran right now.

That being said, Executive Order did something I swear would never happen to me: piss me off. I normally laugh it off when I keep on dieing in a game, but in this case, I died well over some 200 times. It wasn't that bad at first, but then came the part where you have a timer countdown to get to the lab station...and after that those damn tunnels with infinite enemies. Man that part got me angry. I was so relieved when I saw the "Checkpoint Reached" on the top of the screen. I would have been super-pissed if I didn't get the Vet Trophy (since they are glitched), but I luckily had a huge sigh of relief when I heard the "tling" sound.

I'm going to go ahead and say Exec. Order.

SOG for me because I since I got the Vet. glitch, I had to do SOG and EO over. EO only took me a few tries after I knew how to do it. The first time on SOG for some reason, I got the checkpoint to move on to the uphill section without having to do the barrels.

The 2nd time I had to do SOG, I just couldn't get those damn barrels down without getting killed. I had to pause it and leave it for a few hours so I wouldn't have to go through the beginning of the mission again if I quit. After I came back, I got through it but it still took me awhile.

hallway section in executive order easily, i really didnt find sog that hard, the tank sequence on rebirth was harder

This. The hallway section was ridiculous.

Second was the tank part on Rebirth Island. Other than that, I felt Veteran was pretty easy, at least in comparision to previous games.

Could only vote for "Executive Order" here. Once you work out the barrels in the hill section of S.O.G it was pretty easy. And I never had the problems everyone else seems to have had on the tank section in "Rebirth". But i was really stuck on the "Corridor of Death" for ages. Infuriatingly long checkpoint.

But none of them came close to "Heart of the Reich" or "Blowtorch and Corkscrews" from W@W. ;-)

Edited by Skinfeld

Can't understand why U all think the corridor part of Exec Descision is the hardest. U have phosphorous Smoke grenades which allow U to push up to certain points triggering checkpoints

S.O.G on the otherhand is the most stupidly difficult part of any veteran COD game I have ever played. I have the Plat for both WaW & MW2 and they don't come close to the f**king barrels bit on S.O.G

Can't understand why U all think the corridor part of Exec Descision is the hardest. U have phosphorous Smoke grenades which allow U to push up to certain points triggering checkpoints

S.O.G on the otherhand is the most stupidly difficult part of any veteran COD game I have ever played. I have the Plat for both WaW & MW2 and they don't come close to the f**king barrels bit on S.O.G

I beleive that Executive Order was the hardest part, I must have spent 2 hours there and died 100 times before I made it. Plus, the smoke grenades didn't do shit for me. I always died thinking I was safe because of the smoke.

S.O.G., on the other hand was ridiculously easy for me. You might not believe it but I did it on my 2nd try. I didn't follow anyone's advice, I just followed my own route into a bunker and got it. That place had me spooked because I heard you guys were having trouble but I was surpised when I did it 2nd try. The whole mission was ridiculous too, must have died 10 times or a bit more.

Executive Order. SOG was a walk in the park after the hallway part of Executive Order. Getting through the hallway was bad but then the developers added insult to injury with the smoke/fog section at the end of the hallway. Took me a half dozen times just on that part.

Still - none of these levels compare to Heart of Reich on Veteran.