Story/Plot Discussion Thread **MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE**

jcstahl

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Call of Duty: Black Ops. This thread has been created to discuss anything Black Ops related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread.

This thread is immune.

Edited by jcstahl

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the story overall but man there was WAY too much of the flash image then image then image then image over and over again, at parts it was fine but even my girlfriend sitting next to me found it annoying and she wasn't even paying attention that much, I liked the twist at the end though didn't see it coming :rolleyes:

As the story progressed, I was thinking that Reznov was in his mind, but overall the story was the best out of all CODs. although it didnt have the "epic" moments that MW2 had, the moments in this were more memorable.

Really?

I thought the entire campaign was full up of "epic" moments :D I loved every bit of this one. It was full of action all the way through, I thought.

I agree with the person somewhere above though, the constant flash backs and numbers popping up all over the place did get a bit annoying at times - but apart from that, brilliant! By far one of the best Call of Duty storys yet!

The story was very good, great to see old characters back in the fight. However, for Resnov to all have been a figment of masons imagination? Resnov is the strongest and best character behind Price (ok well level with soap) and I was both upset and disappointed for not only Resnov to have died in a unknown/bad way, but Petrenko as well!! Wtf? True heroes of Russia, and killed in such a lame way. Glorious death and sacrifrice like other characters would have made it mean a lot more...

The story was very good, great to see old characters back in the fight. However, for Resnov to all have been a figment of masons imagination? Resnov is the strongest and best character behind Price (ok well level with soap) and I was both upset and disappointed for not only Resnov to have died in a unknown/bad way, but Petrenko as well!! Wtf? True heroes of Russia, and killed in such a lame way. Glorious death and sacrifrice like other characters would have made it mean a lot more...

That's what Reznov said during the Nova Gas mission on the ship, his best friend deserved to die like a true Russian, but instead was killed like nothing. Then Reznov is also killed the same way without the player knowing what happened.

great plot great epic loved the twist and was fun playing as reznov for that one level well I guess kinda the whole thing LOL

def. my fav out of all call of dutys and honestly a great game over all even compared to other full priced games that offer nothing more that solo play.

yah i thought it was pretty rad how they brought back Petrovich and Reznov are back from World at War. I remember looking at my roommate when i had that epiphany and being like WAIT A MINUTE!!

and they pretty much state Mason kills JFK. They say that he went missing for periods of time, and when Mason finall catches up with Drakovich he says "you tried to make me kill my president" (or something like that) to which Drakovich responds "didnt you?". Then showing him lurking around on the day of his assassination. He probably teamed up with the Comedian and tag-teamed that (Watchmen anyone? :p)

this is quite simply the best cod yet. it has everything i wanted:the secrets,the guns, man the whole story was so compeling. i loved the whole cold war stuff as the 60s/70s was just so cool.

i did not see the ending coming at all , i was like what hes dead????? who was that in them tunnels with me???? oh i dropped my marbels a long time ago!!! lol ,

BEST COD EVER

it had evry big moment from all the cods just with a twist , i really thought i was getting ready for that singel bullet shot (like thay all have at the end) when they get blown clean out the wall!!!

then there is the zombies mode!!!! bravo , to be honest its all i bought the game for, but the whole black ops / secret service made it all feel like it was a zombies game with a cod story put in just to back it up .

it makes me happy to say that trayarch bested iw. in so many,many ways

long live the dead , so i can shoot them some more :)

I agree with everyone else, this is the best CoD story I have played. The twists were executed perfectly and you can tell they put a hell of a lot of time into creating this.

I couldn't help but grin when I parachuted off the cliff, that was awesome. :applause:

The plot was very confusing, but VERY enjoyable.

Did anyone else have a laugh at JFK during the zombie invasion at the end? :rolleyes:

best call of duty yet!

campaign was the best i have ever played. I got super into the stories and felt really tied in with the characters. I was expecting a little more involvement with America though. I know we played with American soldiers but with the president and the pentagon. Overall this was a great campaign and i hope that we get the same quality or better of games from this point on.

Could someone please tell me who sally is?

I was expecting something to be mentioned about her but i never heard anything...

i dont get that in the last mission where you fight dragovich.. you yell out "You tried to make me kill my president!" and dragovich says "Tried? haha" what does that mean??

u didnt kill JFK in the room you met him in, and we know where he really died in real life, how could mason do that?

i think they're alluding to the fact that mason was the sniper that took out JFK.

Story was ok. I found it harder to feel for the characters the same way I did the MW2 lads. But I blame that on the constant flashback to the chair and the numbers appearing all the time, the wrecked my head in a big way and you can't skip them.

Liked the Reznov twist at the end. I knew something was up when I was not allowed shoot US guys but I could shoot at Reznoz (noticed this when searching crash site).

The JFK assassination twist was great.

Don't think the story leaves it open to a sequel.