Black Screen at Main Menu

predxeno

• 3 years later...

Dang, I know this is an old thread, but I just bought a PS3 and the same thing is happening to me. After placing the disk in the drive, the XMB reads "Call of Duty: Black Ops" and shows the silver-colored Blu-ray disk icon. The screen then becomes black and nothing works. I am signed into the PSN; there is no notice of an update. The HDD has been wiped clean, so it is a fresh install of Black Ops. If anyone has any tips, please feel free to respond. Thank you.

NOTE: If I push the eject disk button, COD Black Ops disk ejects. The screen then returns to the XMB. The system is not frozen, because the XMB works fine after ejecting Black Ops without restarting the PS3. I can also put in another disk and the PS3 reads the second disk fine. It's weird, like the PS3 cannot reading the Black Ops graphics data or something.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 3 weeks later...
Dang, I know this is an old thread, but I just bought a PS3 and the same thing is happening to me. After placing the disk in the drive, the XMB reads "Call of Duty: Black Ops" and shows the silver-colored Blu-ray disk icon. The screen then becomes black and nothing works. I am signed into the PSN; there is no notice of an update. The HDD has been wiped clean, so it is a fresh install of Black Ops. If anyone has any tips, please feel free to respond. Thank you.

NOTE: If I push the eject disk button, COD Black Ops disk ejects. The screen then returns to the XMB. The system is not frozen, because the XMB works fine after ejecting Black Ops without restarting the PS3. I can also put in another disk and the PS3 reads the second disk fine. It's weird, like the PS3 cannot reading the Black Ops graphics data or something.

Had the same issues, with several discs.

I had to reset my resolution settings, then the game worked fine ;)