This was the best CoD game.

I know a lot of people say they found this game's MP boring but I thought it was the best.

I've played W@W-BO2 and on all of them I would say I would hit prestige 2 max before stopping and playing something else. I made it all the way to max prestige on BO1.

I just really liked the gritty feel to it compared to the super smooth feel of MW3 and BO2.

I liked the guns better, the killstreaks better, everything. Even though I never played them, I also though the new wager modes were cool too.

Plus the maps were awesome like Jungle, Nuketown, Firing Range, Summit, and Launch. Didn't care much for Array since it was so big though.

Anyway, I'm probably in the minority here but I just really liked this game. I just wish its MP wasn't basically dead now.

• 2 weeks later...

World at War was my fav .. MP and SP. MW2 was good, I also liked MW3, but ghosts is where I've drawn the line. I play it from time to time because a mate of mine loves it, but it was pretty bad. Just looks cheap and nasty. Something about the feel of it too.

Black ops I didn't like.. stuck with MW2 until MW3 came out. The levels were good in it, zombies was awesome, MP was a let down. So much lag and just seemed all .. jagged.. like it was delayed from what you see on screen to what actually happened. Some of the sounds and actions were ordinary. And no I dont have internet issues.

I see you the OP really likes Black Ops mp, but I have to say the SP is truly horrible. The AI is completely incompetent, seriously, I can find grade-schoolers who know more of what to do with guns than the AI in this game.

I just beat Black Ops vet and I nearly rage quitted several times. The AI is pathetically stupid and glitchy; on more than one occasion I had spent like 30 minutes on one section and then follow one of my NPC friends, suddenly an enemy comes out the door, shoots at, and kills me. This is frustrating not only because it's unrealistic, the enemy would shoot the closer threat which is the NPC, but my friendly NPC also does NOTHING to stop him. The only NPC AI that is even close to being competent in the game is Reznov and he's just your imaginary friend.

I got so mad at the NPCs I didn't even care when I accidentally killed a few. In hind sight, I probably should have tried to shoot them up even more. I was actually glad when some of the characters ended up dying, serves them right for being so incompetent (this sounds cold, but when you die right before a checkpoint after spending 30 min on a single section due to their incompetence, you REALLY lose patience fast).

Infinity Ward never had these kinds of problems. This just goes to show that Treyarch is a second-rate game developer.

Edited by predxeno

• 3 weeks later...

I have a lot of fond memories from BOPS, but the MP was a little dry for me and this was probably my least played MP apart from Ghosts. I think this is where the fun started to be taken out of the MP. I can definitely see why people loved it though due to its simplicity akin to COD 4, good maps, and fun killstreaks.

That being said, I loved the campaign and zombies. Those two things combined with a decent MP equates to one of the best COD's overall. COD 4 to BOPS were a great string of games, but everything since has been mediocre in comparison.

• 5 weeks later...

Agreed, OP.

I have never played an MP with such devotion until Black Ops came out. That multiplayer was ideal, balanced, simplistic and fun. It had the best maps, and my fondest memories in gaming were during the MP and zombies.

No wonder, really, that that game came out almost four years ago, and yet the player count (just checked) had 38,000 players, which is more than what Ghosts has -- on a good day, even.

• 3 months later...
I know a lot of people say they found this game's MP boring but I thought it was the best.

I've played W@W-BO2 and on all of them I would say I would hit prestige 2 max before stopping and playing something else. I made it all the way to max prestige on BO1.

I just really liked the gritty feel to it compared to the super smooth feel of MW3 and BO2.

I liked the guns better, the killstreaks better, everything. Even though I never played them, I also though the new wager modes were cool too.

Plus the maps were awesome like Jungle, Nuketown, Firing Range, Summit, and Launch. Didn't care much for Array since it was so big though.

Anyway, I'm probably in the minority here but I just really liked this game. I just wish its MP wasn't basically dead now.

I loved Firing Range, Summit, Launch and Radiation!

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed Black Ops 1. The MP was slow-paced especially coming off from MW2 but I feel like it was much more balanced. The COD points kind of a turn-off for me as I liked unlocking things as I played. The story was meh at best.

COD4 will always be my favorite though. I really wish they would go back to that style of gameplay for the COD series.

Never played it, I called it quits after MW3.

But Black Ops 1 came out BEFORE MW3.. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
WaW was really good, too!

Yes, that was the peak for me. After 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday and 5 hours Monday thru Thursday and 7 hours on Friday on W@W mp, I retired at 89th in the world in kills and do not miss it one bit. Somewhat ironic as I am on my clean up quest of trophies to get to 90% completion rate, I'm playing COD games. The campaigns are enjoyable. Not a Zombie fan. When they came along, I lost all interest in COD and have not bought the games in several years. SOSDD.

• 5 months later...
Never played it, I called it quits after MW3.

But Black Ops 1 came out BEFORE MW3.. :whistle:

Lol fail

Imo this was in the worsts.

Blasphemy!

Yes, that was the peak for me. After 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday and 5 hours Monday thru Thursday and 7 hours on Friday on W@W mp, I retired at 89th in the world in kills and do not miss it one bit. Somewhat ironic as I am on my clean up quest of trophies to get to 90% completion rate, I'm playing COD games. The campaigns are enjoyable. Not a Zombie fan. When they came along, I lost all interest in COD and have not bought the games in several years. SOSDD.

Congratz to 89th in the world!

I haven't tried World At War on the PS3 yet. I really want too, but the problem is finding people for the Zombie mode. However, as I am sure others would not mind helping in the boosting thread, I just cannot bring myself to get it. Though, perhaps in the near future I may reconsider. I still think Call of Duty 4 should have had trophies for it, as that was the best Call of Duty I have played, besides Classic.