Roadmap question

I have a quick question on roadmap. It says the following, can anyone conform my question?

After this, you will still be missing Ultimate Sacrifice and Showdown, completing Strike Force Missions is not a requirement for either trophy however. Rewind the story back to Mission 6, but this time the kidnapper has to flee. Do not play the "Second Chance" Strike Force Mission. You don't want to rescue the girl. Keep playing until the cutscene with the admiral during "Odysseus". Here you will unlock Showdown. Now go to mission select and replay Mission 8. Choose to shoot the other man with to get Ultimate Sacrifice.

In the section above you say to rewind back to Mission 6. I'm just checking - I shouldnt complete story first, I should just rewind? and then again when I have done this I should replay Mission 8 and then complete story from there?

• 8 months later...

Bumping this because it's largely the same as the thread I was about to create (not that anyone is even reading this! :p)

I'll be honest, I'm not exactly following the story too closely on this one but I'm finding it hard to understand why the guide wants me to complete the game on Recruit and then replay missions #6-9, before finally replaying mission #8 a third time. After all of that, a Veteran run is still required, making a total of 3-4 playthroughs of the latter missions.

The guide states that a minimum of two playthroughs are required. Surely I could have just played through on Veteran (like I do with any other COD game) and cleared up the alternative mission decisions afterwards?

The only reason I can find for this in the guide is that "the Strike Force Missions are very hard on Veteran". Fine, but if that is the case, can we not just lower the difficulty on those particular missions when we get to them?

If there is some reason I'm missing that makes this not possible, playing Veteran and at least giving the Strike Force missions a chance could still potentially save a lot of time. Worse case scenario is that Strike Force ends up being too hard and you have to replay the campaign on Recruit, right? So you'd be no worse off than doing it the way the guide suggests.

Either way, why can't we just select the alternative option on mission #8 during the re-run of missions #6-9? :think: