Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

ShadowAFC

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Call of Duty: Black Ops II. This thread has been created to discuss anything Black Ops II related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't expecting Salazar to betray you, and the end if you capture Menendez is sad, wasn't expecting that either. Strange how he commits suicide to make himself a martyr though, I understand why he did it but I'm not sure why he did it in his sisters grave. Overall it was a pretty good story. Gonna replay on veteran next.

The ending I got on playthrough must of been the "predictable ending." Kind of wish I had made the choices that result in the more "dramatic" ending.

Anyways, since this is a spoiler tag free zone. My ending was the ending in which Woods doesn't get killed by Menendez (you kill him in the final mission instead of capping), and Alex Mason comes by for a teary joy filled reunion because I shot him in the legs instead of his face area. Even if it had been the expected outcome, the foreshadowing in the form of Alex breathing in the room Hudson gets killed kind of makes it obvious even if you didn't expect it.

i got the reunion ending cause of the shoot the leg trophy but i heard that there were multiple endings so i checked them out and it was pretty cool how our action mix up the endings. though i dont know what story line Black ops 3 would have, if it ever came out cause of the different endings.

I just finished all the level sequence trophies. And haven't played till the end to Judgement Day but I assume it will be a different ending from what I got. I got the ending where Alec Mason was reunited with David Mason.

Also, Salazar's betrayal caught me by surprise. Since he helped out so much. But I kind of caught on when David and Salazar were in the interrogation room with Menendez. Once my character turned around and supposedly Menendez got the electronic cuffs off while Salazar was beside him. And if you payed attention, Salazar's pistol was no where near where his hand was reaching.:p

And I have to admit, Raul Menendez makes a pretty slick villian :p

lol at the end with Avenged Sevenfold. The story is pretty good, better than MW3 that's for sure.

I hated that. Don't like the band, just a stupid shoe-in. Did like that Mason and the President were dancing in the audience though :p

Also, while that song plays, there's a lone person on the balcony above. I only saw it for a second, but I swear that person was a zombie... :think:

I hated that. Don't like the band, just a stupid shoe-in. Did like that Mason and the President were dancing in the audience though :p

Also, while that song plays, there's a lone person on the balcony above. I only saw it for a second, but I swear that person was a zombie... :think:

I don't like them either, but I liked the last bit, it was funny. I like the bit where Mason and Reznov were dancing, then he disappears and Mason looks confused :p

Any ending justifies how did mason and woods get saved in the desert and how did mason(old one) survive during 30 years without any contact?:think:

I was wondering that too.

Next time, I'm shooting Menendez at the end. I was thinking for a while what to do in case there was a trophy, but then he just let him go.

I think the story in this game is by far the best in any COD game!

I was a bit skeptical in the before release and I think the MW1, MW2, and MW3 stories are really bad (the games are just brilliant, I'm not playing them for the story) but Black Ops 1 had a great storytelling and a decent plot, in BO2 this is even better

The moment i shot MAson, thinkin' it was menendez, and the whole main plot that's telling the father/son relation of the mason's and the father/daughter relation of menendez is great. The way those personal stories mix in the greater story of nations fighting is really cool for an FPS in my opninion.

Especially because Menendez is not the ultimate bad guy anymore... He's human, and you get to know how he became some kind of monster.

It's not perfect in my opninion but it definitely makes me wanting more of this kind of stories in FPS games.

Altough... - i don't know if it's because I'm no native american speaking and it's not my main language, or it's the tempo of the storytelling - it felt rushed... Like too much information in way too short time. The conspiracies with hudson, woods, noriega, menendez, defalco, farid and that chloë... I got the main line but it's damn much to tie all the loose detailed ends together..

IT's a nice try to have those branching storylines and the strike force missions to give some illusion of freedom to the player, altough that didn't work for me. I tried all the options, and there's no 'REAL' change in it... Difference in some outcome, yes, but you always see the programming behind it what makes it feel artificial...

But anyway... I lopve the storytelling in this game, hope some of you do too, and if not... what do you wanna see in the future?

I gotta admit the first time I saw Harper I thought he'd be the one to betray Mason. He just has that treacherous look about him.

Also I'm pretty sure Menendez is the best villain in all of the COD campaigns. Say what you want about COD's community, or it's online, but for a military FPS COD has always had a really good campaign since COD4.

The story was definitely the best of all the COD's, a bit predictable at times (salazaar and the whole Mason shooting incident).

I may have missed something, but is it ever explained why Karma is so important? I know she stops the virus, but how would Menedez know she was capable of that?

And if the best ending is to be believed, where the F*** was Mason for 30 years? BO3 maybe?

Woods is just hilarious, especially when he gets out of the wheelchair in the bonus vid. Also Mason and Reznov (now you see him, now you don't lol)

Also there must be other traitors within the government, as Salazaar couldn't have gave them all the information they supposedly had.

I just finished it. What in the absolute fuck is with the with the Avenged Sevenfold bit?

They've done the hidden music track for a few of the older zombie maps, and also provide a song on the BO2 soundtrack (Treyarch must be super fans lol)

Edited by Dark_Overlord

So can someone explain the whole A7X ending to me? That was completely irrelevant, stupid, and not even remotely funny.

Just an easter egg :)

"Yeah, we actually did a song for them. It was an Easter egg called "Not Ready to Die". I was a fan of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and I got into Call of Duty: Black Ops, which was my favorite Call of Duty game of all time. I actually kept playing it all the way through until this game. Now, I play Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, and I love it! We've been friends with Treyarch and Activision for a long time. I talk to Mark Lamia, president of Treyarch, all the time. We got to Laker games together. It's a great friendship. When he said he wanted to put us in the game, we were like, "Hell yeah! We'd love to be in it. This is awesome!""

Source

M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold Talks "Carry On", "Call of Duty: Black Ops 2", New Music, and More - ARTISTdirect News

I was a fan of the campaign - other than how easy it was, it had some interesting twists and the forks in the story were a nice change.

Here is where my 'but' comes into play. yesterday, I was describing the storyline to my friend which went something like:

'You start playing in the past post-B Ops 1 fighting against Africans and there is a random load of South Americans hiding out there...', I then stopped and remembered the bit at the end of the first level where Hudson yells something like 'ah fucking Russians!' Where did that come from? I know it's during the Cold War, but I'm in Africa fighting fricking South Americans, why would the Russians turn up?

Then a few levels later I'm in Afghanistan fighting the Russians alongside the Chinese, only to get stabbed in the back by the Afghans and later the Chinese x_X

Then a mystery secondary 'evil guy' turns up with Menendez called DeFalco, who is so British sounding it hurts, why is he there at all other than to be the novelty British evil guy? xD

And that dumbass A7X bit at the end? What? xD [not a fan =/ ]

It was so laughably convoluted and terribly 'omg we're America and everyone is out to get us'.

Edited by GrieverLioness

A question about the story, I've played through it and pretty much think I've seen all the endings, but something does not seem to be explained.

When you interrogate Kravchenko throughly he tells you there is a mole in the CIA. Then you can find a CIA dossier in the coke lab in "time and fate". These two elements combine and hint that something is wrong in "Suffer with me"

We are led to believe that Hudson is the mole, right? And all the cutscenes seem to point that way and even Woods practically says it outright. But after you shoot Mason and get your legs crippled, you see that Hudson was tied up and apparently was giving bad orders to mason and woods under threat of killing David Mason if he didn't follow though... that explains why he didn't respond to Alex/Frank at times during the mission.

So if Hudson was giving those orders under gunpoint and he ends up getting killed anyways at the end of that mission, who was the mole in the CIA?

So if Hudson was giving those orders under gunpoint and he ends up getting killed anyways at the end of that mission, who was the mole in the CIA?

I like to be under the impression Hudson was the mole. But he wasn't willing. He wasn't doing it to just protect himself or because he wanted to, but because he had a family, and Menendez had David. He was a mole by force, not by choice.

Edited by AlphaCookie