Double Down Trophy RAGE POST

So thats the last trophie I need im trying to get it for more than 5 hours now and still fucking nothing thats how I feel about this FUCKING FUCK

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/491/daa/8f0/resized/i-will-find-you-meme-generator-i-will-find-you-and-i-will-kill-you-f41b54.jpg

Thats what I am thinking about the guy who invented it! I hope he dies on cancer fuck me!

I got it last night, played from 1am till 4am. Couldn't go to sleep without ulocking this. Very luck based trophy, but the key is to soften the bad guys with scorpion.

My kills were: 2 first soldiers to the right, 2 suited guys (the one in the background softened by scorpion before i flashed them twice), 2 guys before the pickup and 2 guys softened by scorpion coming out of the army truck.

Very hard trophy!

It took me some time to figure out the pattern. I actually got it twice, the first time I did it the operative died and I fucking raged. The 2nd time I finished the mission and the trophy popped. So to everyone, know that you have to finish the mission for it to pop.

Also what I did was try to either get the double kill after the initial 5 guys were out or in the downstairs room with the 3 suits. From there I used the other 3 chances after that of which 2/3 were usually lined up. If I missed the double on either I just restarted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So I have been trying for this for 5 fucking hours now and I gotta say enough is enough. I like a challenge but I hate luck based trophies!

There are only 2 things that are the same everytime in this level, the guys at the start in suits and that fact that a truck will pull up towards the end. Everything other pattern is fucking random making this trophy a joke.

Furthermore, the hit detection leaves a lot to the imagination! You can shoot a guy in the face and its the guy you hit in the foot behind him that dies! WTF?

This is a terrible game and I only bought it because I ignored the reviews, thinking, it cant be that bad? It is! I have been playing it on and off since the beginning of the year and have to put it down for weeks because I just hate playing it! Its just not fun!

I may have to give up on this and leave a dirty great stain in my trophy list.

EDIT: So after leaving this for almost a fortnight I have come back to it and done this fucking stupid trophy. Don't get me wrong, I still hate this game with a passion because its shit, but I will finish the plat eventually. It may take me longer than Gran Turismo did but at least now I don't think the fucker will beat me!

Edited by GAZDAN
Double Down Unlocked

This is a most stupid trophy i ever seen. There is nothing about skill only about luck and this game Ai playing with me. I'm trying at least 5 hours and 3 times i got 3 double kill and i never get 4th opportunity because enemy's never get close to each other anymore. when i have 1 or 2 double kills they lined up again. i'm gonna keep try it but i have no hope. this is second failure for me on vita after little deviance challenge trophy.

Yes finally i got it. after 8 hours suffering i just got it when i were waiting on the line at train station.

Edited by buldo76

• 4 weeks later...

Yea screw this crap I thought itd be easier that pure as driven snow so I did that one first. Thinking I had the hard one done I started trying this one and wow like 5 hours down the drain and no luck so far. Ive had 3 double kills twice thats it

A few days later... 100's of attempts later... Every 25 or so attempts I'm getting three of the four double kills needed. I've never smashed a handheld console but that time may come soon. I've gotten alot better than when I had started but this is still near impossible. I'm getting the first double kill, then once in a while I get the 2nd chance hitting the guy with the scorpion first then double shotting the two. Then sometimes I get the third chance after going down the stairs. After that I have only had the fourth shot line up litterly like 10 times out of a thousand I dont understand. All the videos I watch they get the fourth set to line up most of the time, why is it not lining up for me?? Once in a while ill get the 5th set, never get the 6th ever.... Then like twice ive gotten the two popping out of the truck.

If i don't get 2 out of the first 3 chances I just restart right away. I know theres probably nothing anyone out there can do for me, but any advice would be appreciated. I don't think any game has given me this much trouble. I even got through world at war platinum easier than this.

• 1 year later...

OMG.......This trophy is some serious bullshit. I just got the trophy requirement and as the guy's running for the exit the VERY. LAST. FUCKING GUY kills him as I pulled the trigger on HIS ass! SERIOUSLY!?!?!?! It just tells me it's do-able and I can do this but for fuck's sake, GIVE A MAN A CHANCE!!! I get the skill aspect of this trophy but the TRIPLE luck factor (1. do they line up? 2. Does the hit detection work? 3. will the game NOT cheap-shot you?) ?? Fucking A Nihilistic......that's some crap.

I won't give up on this and I'll get it eventually, but damn..... this is one of the worst trophies I've ever gone after.....right up there with 'Tactical Challenger' for VANQUISH....

EDIT : Okay, it's only been about an hour since I posted this and I just popped the trophy & the plat! SWEEET!!! Definitely very do-able once you've tried it about 100,000 times. LOL ;-)

Edited by DETfaninATL

• 1 month later...

My operative was on the last leg, the bit where two guys shooting out of the window next to the balcony, and my friend came around asking me what I was doing. I said going for the Double Down trophy, pressed the home button and wanted to slide the page to the right to show the trophy page. I end up accidentally closing the game app....

• 3 months later...

Got this after about 2.5 hours of trying!! Got the double kills on the 1st four opportunities and also unlocked the 100% trophy in the same run....:applause:

This is a hard trophy, but NOWHERE in the vicinity of Tactical Challenge 6 in Vanquish. Absurd for someone to relate this trophy to that. It's not just me either. If you don't believe me, go over to the Vanquish forum and read the tactical challenge 6 posts.....that one is insane and incredibly rewarding trophy! This is not in the same ballpark as that....

Here is how I got it:

1. The two soldiers that always line up (if you miss START OVER)

2. Shoot the guy running out of the building (to the North right after two soldiers) twice with Skorpion. He will stand and allow you to time it right when the other dude runs out (i got this fairly consistently)

3. Two guys in suits downstairs (use a flash bang and put yourself right next to one guy, line up the shot with the other)

4. Got lucky guys were lined up behind the white truck in the new area (used Skorpion to weaken BOTH).

P.S. I did this TWICE. First time the operative died when the truck blew up!! Only two guys left...gah!!

Edited by DeputyVinny

• 2 weeks later...

Three hours straight into this one trophy and I finally got it

I got the first 2 soldiers to the right when you first start

Double flash banged the 3 suits down stairs

And during both waves of 3x suits that come running down the steps before the military truck arrives. Ugh

This platinum is doable now that this is over with ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...