Rate the trophy difficulty  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.94

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Labartu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted a 6. Was going to go for 7 at first but with all who had posted great tips on how to get some of harder trophies it isn't really a difficult game.

The buggy ai, somewhat poor controls and other issues makes it harder than it should.

its a solid 8 for me,just because of that go through the level without taking damage trophy took me about seven hours to get it! in total about 30 hours for the plat.

Voted 8/10.

This can be a tough one. While just about anyone can eventually muscle through Veteran (only 4 missions are actually tough), only a few will have the patience waiting for the fucking stars to align getting 'Double Down'.

And then there's "Pure as driven Snow". As much as the guide helps, you still need some skill and the right lines of sight.

Im glad i got this done

• 2 weeks later...

7, I gave WAW an 8 and i just cant justify higher. I beat waw in 2 days and its more of getting to a check point. This was just missions and couple annoying trophies. But as its been said.. once you learn map and where weapons are and when to use what, its not as hard as you think. But wow first several tries without any hints or tips can make you think you wont ever be able to do it.

• 1 month later...

I voted 7/10. It isn't as hard as world at war because you can remember the spawns on each level. With that, after a couple of tries you'll remember where the spawns are and make strategies to overcome the challenges. There's two trophies that are base both luck and skill. Shouldn't be too hard after knowing the strategies too.

• 2 weeks later...

Put a 7/10 for that one ...

Not an easy one, but comparing to the World At War one, it's really more doable (no infinite spawn and grenade).

The veteran wasn't too hard (not easy of course, but nothing impossible.. looking a video on youtube just before doing the mission helps a lot ! By doing it I just needed 2 or 3 tries per mission to clear it in Veteran)

And I dont know if I were lucky, but it "just" took me 1 hour for "double Down" and one hour and half for "Pure as the Driven Snow"

And for the game in general, it's not a great game, but not that bad neither, I enjoyed playing it !

I debated over this being a 6 or 7, and I went with a 6 and wasn't going to let one pain in the ass trophy dictate the difficulty over the whole game. However I do think of this as a 5 and +1 for double down, I'll admit I raged a few times. :D

The campaign itself it not very difficult, Veteran is mildly challenging especially if you make a run through on regular first, you know what your up against. Time trials first couple runs can seem impossible, but again, after a few runs through, you know what you got ahead of you, and they're fairly easy. Hostiles was a joke, If I cared enough to I'm sure I could have made it to 100 rounds. Aside from Double Down I didn't have much trouble with the other trophies, for some reason Justice is Blind was probably the only other one that gave me trouble. Pure as the driven snow is easy, you can navigate through the whole thing with grenades, china lake, rpg and crossbow when you get to the part when those are available for you to use.

7/10

Just last weekend I was trying DD and PADS, not fun. So I did not get to try again until Saturday morning yesterday. Got them both within the first 10 minutes. Taking a break seems to help, or maybe it is just a mental thing. This has gotten me to consider adding World at War to my collection.

Oh and...

Shitty game. That is all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As most people don't seem to be rating this game realistically I am giving it a solid 9. I plat the game 2 mins ago so the bullshit that is required to plat is fresh in my mind. I found the most difficult part of the game to be certain missions on veteran mainly 3 point landing. Double down took me about an hour and pure as fallen snow about 2 hours. I don't recommend this game to anybody. I like a balanced challenge, but this game really ruined any possibility of fun. Being able to run and gun once in a while would be nice. In this game you try anything that doesn't include taking cover every 2 seconds you will be dead. Maybe I found it harder because it is on a hand held, but as MANY posters have said before me, "Make no mistake, veteran is hell!"

Edited by Ron-A-Palooza

• 1 month later...

Gave it 4... Just platted it , Nothing was hard only time trial was a pain in the a** , pure as driven snow and double down were piece of cake after some practice

Edited by Milera

• 2 weeks later...
Lol 4 really??? Way to misrepresent the games difficulty rating. I would love to know what game you find to be a 10 rating.

Mortal Kombat but I've beat it as well I only need (G) My Kung Fu Is Stronger trophy to get plat which is very time consuming

I don't really think it deserves more than 4 from my point of view it's maybe because I'm very good at shooters

Mortal Kombat but I've beat it as well I only need (G) My Kung Fu Is Stronger trophy to get plat which is very time consuming

I don't really think it deserves more than 4 from my point of view it's maybe because I'm very good at shooters

I could see how it would earn a 4. It's not ridiculously hard, just luck based (at least on the 4x double head shot trophy that had me hung up for a while). I just suck at the tiny joysticks on the Vita compared to the PS3. Still waiting for someone to come out with joystick extensions for the Vita...cash ready!

I could see how it would earn a 4. It's not ridiculously hard, just luck based (at least on the 4x double head shot trophy that had me hung up for a while). I just suck at the tiny joysticks on the Vita compared to the PS3. Still waiting for someone to come out with joystick extensions for the Vita...cash ready!

Get thumb grips for vita and it would be much easier

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it an 8. I actually haven't got the platinum for this one yet and I don't usually vote unless I do, but, on this game I decided to go ahead and vote as I have spent quite a bit of time with it and am fully aware of the requirements you need to meet to get the platinum. Right now, I am just a few operations away from completing Veteran difficulty. It's funny that a game with terrible enemy AI, that only takes a couple hours to finish on normal difficulty can wind up having such a high platinum difficulty rating, but, veteran difficulty is a nightmare of unpredictability and the Pure as the Driven Snow and Double Down trophies are notoriously difficult to earn. I'm am not a COD fan and I don't even particularly like this game either, but, it was included in a pack when I bought my Vita so I figured, "what the hell?" might as well grab an extra platinum if I can pull it off.

One more thing.....whoever voted this game a 1 is fucking idiot and is screwing up the platinum difficulty average. Between the guy who voted 1 and the guy who voted it a 4, the platinum difficulty rating is showing about .5 lower than it should.

Edited by DeathMask Divine