COD Vita is great for what it is!

First of all, I dont like COD at all which is why I did not buy black ops 2 tonight. I did buy declassified for the sake of buying a game for my Vita. I must say that it is A LOT better than Resistance BS and is a ton of fun. Its a must buy if you have a vita. Im such a hypocrite.

However, I originally came on here because I wanted to see if you guys agreed. It seems like you guys have not played it yet since nobody has really been talking about it. People on meta critic are saying good things as well. I am curious to see what the big name critics say. :dance:

I couldn't agree more, for a vita game it's fantastic

I don't wanna give a review or more of an opinion just yet though i'll wait until i've done the majority of the game and leveled a bit in multiplayer but i've actually got a choice of my hands, do i play Black ops 2 or declassified

(i'll more than luckily go with black ops 2 but the fact i've even thinking about shows that the game is quite good)

It's not going to be an easy platinum, took me an hour just to do the first time trial mission on 3 stars! The operations on veteran... well I don't even want to think about those. No checkpoints, stuck on the 2nd one.

Sounds good to me! I prefer a Platinum to be nice and challenging so i might get this sooner rather than later in that case!

So as to gage it how does the difficulty compare the the MW2 and 3 Spec ops on Veteren?

I have 3 * all of those including the DLCs and some were a nice challenge tho nothing was immpossible.

It's hard to compare this to the PS3 CoD versions.

Mainly due to controls and screen size.

The small screen makes it a little hard to spot distant enemys. And add to this a control that isn't as tight as I would wan't (altough I haven't checked settings to see what can be adjusted to suit better).

This game feels more intense than RE:BS and the controls feel somewhat off for this. Might just be an adjustment issue though.

I have played alot of fps ( platted CoD:WaW, MW2 for example) and this one is tough. I have only played for a few hours yet, but veteran difficulty proves to be a challenge. So far I'd say it's harder than MW2 Spec Ops for sure.

Yeah, they want $50 for a dog to drag his half-a** across the floor all over us, I mean for nihilistic to attempt games at all. Call of Duty was already a wash of a rewrite rewrite and rewrite. Now how can we gouge these early Vita adopters as much as possible? I know, let's make the most worthless looking piece of crap with terrible controls and attention to any details at all. I was shocked enough that they thought Uncharted was worth $50, but this is a complete ripoff, Unit13 had more to offer with way better graphics and control. I've seen the videos and reviews and it's not worth half that price. Sorry guys, I just cannot believe that anyone would purchase this. Have fun getting shafted.

Edited by staticsnake

Yeah, they want $50 for a dog to drag his half-a** across the floor all over us, I mean for nihilistic to attempt games at all. Call of Duty was already a wash of a rewrite rewrite and rewrite. Now how can we gouge these early Vita adopters as much as possible? I know, let's make the most worthless looking piece of crap with terrible controls and attention to any details at all. I was shocked enough that they thought Uncharted was worth $50, but this is a complete ripoff, Unit13 had more to offer with way better graphics and control. I've seen the videos and reviews and it's not worth half that price. Sorry guys, I just cannot believe that anyone would purchase this. Have fun getting shafted.

I know that the first reviews coming in now are looking quite damning (ive read 4 and the scores were 3/10, 3/10, 4/10 & 6/10) but you dont really have a leg to stand on coming on here telling these people they have wasted their money and to "have fun getting shafted" if all YOU'VE seen are a few videos.

Until you play the game just keep your negative comments to yourself eh mate? They all say they are enjoying it so fair play to them.

I myself thought the video reviews i saw on Youtube made it look quite promising after the shambles of a trailer we saw at Gamescom.

But again, even if I DID think it LOOKS bad I cant comment on how it plays, what the controls are like or its attention to detail as you put it and neither can you.

And what exactly was wrong with Uncharted? I thought it was better than Drakes Fortune and it was a very enjoyable lengthy Platinum (if you didnt use a guide like i didnt.)

If you had actually bought the game than i could totally understand you coming on here venting your frustrations but you havent even PLAYED it so it just comes across as a bit ignorant.

These guys all seem to be very happy with their purchase so all the power to them. Its these guys that have actually bought the game that might give the exceptional Vita a fighting chance.

Edited by coodybaroody

I know that the first reviews coming in now are looking quite damning (ive read 4 and the scores were 3/10, 3/10, 4/10 & 6/10) but you dont really have a leg to stand on coming on here telling these people they have wasted their money and to "have fun getting shafted" if all YOU'VE seen are a few videos.

Until you play the game just keep your negative comments to yourself eh mate? They all say they are enjoying it so fair play to them.

I myself thought the video reviews i saw on Youtube made it look quite promising after the shambles of a trailer we saw at Gamescom.

Really? So to say the game is s**t he has to buy it and also get shafted in the process? All the s**tty videos and being the Metacritic lowest-rated Vita game ever is more than enough for me.

Nobody likes to waste away money, it's embarassing, people need to convince themselves the game's good, hence (most of) the positive user reviews. Been there, Burning Skies fooled me.

Really? So to say the game is s**t he has to buy it and also get shafted in the process? All the s**tty videos and being the Metacritic lowest-rated Vita game ever is more than enough for me.

Nobody likes to waste away money, it's embarassing, people need to convince themselves the game's good, hence (most of) the positive user reviews. Been there, Burning Skies fooled me.

This was the point I was trying to make. It's great that CoD fans get their game, but I was pointing out that charging $50 for a Vita game that's this far from finished is pathetic, especially considering the environment of early Vita adopters who really don't deserve to be screwed. Perhaps the disconnect here are those of us adults who earn our money and want to spend it on nice things versus all the spoiled kids whose parents buy these games for them and they have no concept of money. Being a skeptical and informed consumer is a smart move everywhere else, why not here. We have a legitimate point that this game is lacking, which really sucks because Unit 13 was a great start from a good studio, but I was really hoping for another great shooter. Pretty pathetic vita game from a large franchise (CoD).

This is the best FPS on the Vita, but is so short.... If you play it on easy mode.

that's why i love it. i don't want a console style game with loads of cut scenes and exposition. this was just the most intense parts of a black ops game distilled into bite size missions that addict you to come back and better yourself over and over. perfect way to handle it on a handheld.

i think with multiple difficulties, most of which are rather intense and pretty well integrated leader boards it could lead to hours of single player fun for me. i really hope they keep moving in this direction with cod vita games, but adding co-op to the current modes next time.

I am not liking it, i think hostiles mode should have multiplayer, and definately at least one checkpoint per operation. Also the graphics suck, the multiplayer maps are small there are no explosions or smoke, not only its to low poly but the textures are in most cases pixalated. And the game is short. I much prefered unit 13. Honestly I was expecting more.

The more people defend this trash, the more Sony will think this is the bar they have to aim for, the more the Vita is going to be loaded with shitty games.

However, a metacritic rating of 33 should get them thinking twice, lol. This is a new-time low for the Vita, I think.

There's always a few people defending their purchase, but if we use CoD:D as the bar to meet for Vita FPS games, then I'm selling the damn thing. This is an embarrassing representation for the Vita.

The more people defend this trash, the more Sony will think this is the bar they have to aim for, the more the Vita is going to be loaded with shitty games.

However, a metacritic rating of 33 should get them thinking twice, lol. This is a new-time low for the Vita, I think.

There's always a few people defending their purchase, but if we use CoD:D as the bar to meet for Vita FPS games, then I'm selling the damn thing. This is an embarrassing representation for the Vita.

I stop defending it, it fucking sucks and just gets me frustrated with there fucking horrible AI

Sony makes amazing things for an amazing price. Go ahead and blame Sony for the fault of Activision. Look at Unit 13, way better than this crap, and it was more of a simple test shooter game than even a serious attempt. That was Sony, and imagine what else they could do. The problem is you call it a low for Vita, but it's a low for Activision, and ending it starts with all of you not buying their products anymore. I sure don't anymore.