XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > C (PS3) > Call of Duty: Black Ops

Old 11-04-2011, 04:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Do you report people in Black Ops?

A bit of a pet peeve of mine are the offensive logos people create in Black Ops and I always browse those in my list and report them if they make an image depicting some sort of sexual behavior.

Though I have no idea if it makes any difference, has anyone ever been reported before and what happens if you do?

RESISTANCE 2 - 10,000 kills:
10006/10,000

IT. IS. DONE.

gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Silver   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Well... my uncle is one of those perverts and he got reported...
I was lmao-ing when I found out.
All he got for his "first offense" was to be banned from CoD: Black Ops for about 15-30 days...
He hasn't been reported since then and he still has his perverted images...

I understand that being vulgar and perverted is offensive to some (specially children) but if the game is rated M, and the ESRB doesn't rate the online material, why are people being reported? This obviously means that kids shouldn't be playing the game (which they will anyway...) and the ESRB knows what can happen (and they don't care...)
I do not condone some nasty stuff I've seen around (which can be funny in a weird sort of way...) but I don't report people. Freedom of Speech and Expression FTW!

Want to see my Trophy Cards? Click Below

FinalStormRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalStormRider View Post
Well... my uncle is one of those perverts and he got reported...
I was lmao-ing when I found out.
All he got for his "first offense" was to be banned from CoD: Black Ops for about 15-30 days...
He hasn't been reported since then and he still has his perverted images...

I understand that being vulgar and perverted is offensive to some (specially children) but if the game is rated M, and the ESRB doesn't rate the online material, why are people being reported? This obviously means that kids shouldn't be playing the game (which they will anyway...) and the ESRB knows what can happen (and they don't care...)
I do not condone some nasty stuff I've seen around (which can be funny in a weird sort of way...) but I don't report people. Freedom of Speech and Expression FTW!
I don't find it offensive, if there wasn't a report button I'd still play Black Ops. I just find it unneccessary and immature and really it isn't needed.

RESISTANCE 2 - 10,000 kills:
10006/10,000

IT. IS. DONE.

gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kheapathic Send a message via Skype™ to Kheapathic

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet Up   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

I don't report anyone, but at the same time I have yet to see an "offensive" image. Like the poster above I find it annoying you can be reported and disciplined for something you do online when "Online interactions are not rated by the ESRB." Especially when the default programming is rated M for Mature, throw a bunch of idiots and assholes in there and the rating system can only go up. I know it creates a cesspool but at the same time you just have to know who to distance yourself from.

天および地球で私は神聖である
Kheapathic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

A guy on my mates friend list got set back 2 prestiges for racially abusing someone.

Some kid was abusing everyone on a game i played so i reported his emblem . By pure luck he ended up in a game with me a couple days later going daft because id reported his emblem and he had it removed!
MTURNER1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bright Idea!   First PS4 Game Nights   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Word of Mouth - Silver   Community Gaming Event Gold   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

i lol @ ppl who report others on games, forums etc

could never understand how ppl get so worked up over random strangers

kids nowadays are too sensitive

honda hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Events Director

Awards Showcase Guide Supplement Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)

If somebody is being an ass and just camping or generally pissing me off I'll just look for a reason to report them

This little kid was shouting and swearing at me because I was the last alive on S&D and everybody on the other team was dead and the bomb was planted. It was 3 - 0 to us so I didnt want to wait in the lobby so I just drove around the map with an RCXD and didn't defuse. Some kid went crazy so I reported him

Sig and Avatar by RED_REBEL44

Last edited by Harry94_; 11-04-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Harry94_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Gravity_Disaster

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry94 View Post
If somebody is being an ass

I didnt want to wait in the lobby so I just drove around the map with an RCXD and didn't defuse
O_o

I don't really care all too much for reporting people, only when I get bored in the lobby and have nothing to do for the 60 seconds or so. Most of the weird ass emblems just get made fun of by me and my friends anyway.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

I don't play BO but other games were you can report and i only do that to cheaters and bug abusers...

Report abuse should be punished :/

Now Playing (Coop): Nothing
Boosting: GTA4
TODO: CoD:WaW (DLC).
ModaFacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah, I report them if they've got a sexual or ugly emblem, hah! My friend couldn't make a playercard in the beginning because someone had reported him for sexual emblem!