Do you report people in Black Ops?

gunny

Well... my uncle is one of those perverts and he got reported...

I was lmao-ing when I found out.

All he got for his "first offense" was to be banned from CoD: Black Ops for about 15-30 days...

He hasn't been reported since then and he still has his perverted images...

I understand that being vulgar and perverted is offensive to some (specially children) but if the game is rated M, and the ESRB doesn't rate the online material, why are people being reported? This obviously means that kids shouldn't be playing the game (which they will anyway...) and the ESRB knows what can happen (and they don't care...)

I do not condone some nasty stuff I've seen around (which can be funny in a weird sort of way...) but I don't report people. Freedom of Speech and Expression FTW!

Well... my uncle is one of those perverts and he got reported...

I was lmao-ing when I found out.

All he got for his "first offense" was to be banned from CoD: Black Ops for about 15-30 days...

He hasn't been reported since then and he still has his perverted images...

I understand that being vulgar and perverted is offensive to some (specially children) but if the game is rated M, and the ESRB doesn't rate the online material, why are people being reported? This obviously means that kids shouldn't be playing the game (which they will anyway...) and the ESRB knows what can happen (and they don't care...)

I do not condone some nasty stuff I've seen around (which can be funny in a weird sort of way...) but I don't report people. Freedom of Speech and Expression FTW!

I don't find it offensive, if there wasn't a report button I'd still play Black Ops. I just find it unneccessary and immature and really it isn't needed.

I don't report anyone, but at the same time I have yet to see an "offensive" image. Like the poster above I find it annoying you can be reported and disciplined for something you do online when "Online interactions are not rated by the ESRB." Especially when the default programming is rated M for Mature, throw a bunch of idiots and assholes in there and the rating system can only go up. I know it creates a cesspool but at the same time you just have to know who to distance yourself from.

If somebody is being an ass and just camping or generally pissing me off I'll just look for a reason to report them :p

This little kid was shouting and swearing at me because I was the last alive on S&D and everybody on the other team was dead and the bomb was planted. It was 3 - 0 to us so I didnt want to wait in the lobby so I just drove around the map with an RCXD and didn't defuse. Some kid went crazy so I reported him :p

Edited by Harry94_

If somebody is being an ass

I didnt want to wait in the lobby so I just drove around the map with an RCXD and didn't defuse

O_o

I don't really care all too much for reporting people, only when I get bored in the lobby and have nothing to do for the 60 seconds or so. Most of the weird ass emblems just get made fun of by me and my friends anyway.

I've reported a few people. Mostly when you join a game and all you hear is someone spammin off how he's going to do everything imaginable to you, your mother, and family rofl. Obviously it's just someone being an idiot, but I get annoyed when people constantly spout their mouth on a video game. Congrats, you've sat in front of your tv for 30 days playing this, but you don't have to be annoying/cocky about it. Or say the N-word and F-word every other word.

When blops was first out, all i saw was swastikas, beastiality, and naked women emblems. I think the numbers have gone way down since then so it seems to work. It's not so much that it's offensive, as it is annoying. Be original. Seeing a gorilla on a horse has been done, at least be "new" with your idea.

i lol @ ppl who report others on games, forums etc

could never understand how ppl get so worked up over random strangers

kids nowadays are too sensitive :think:

I know right

I don't report anyone. I mean it's a M rated game that is about killing people. offensive language and emblems of dogs fucking horses isn't that bad.

I mean it's annoying, but I'm not going to go to the level of reporting because I hate to report and a game like CoD shouldn't even have a report system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i reckon with how i am on black ops i will have been reported lots of times, but up to now nothing has happened to me :o

i was playing black ops though and someone actually put an offensive language and offensive text language on me to playstation, so i rang playstation up and told them to f off lmao

don't sit in a corner like a b and i won't call you a rat :D

I hate campers so much