Rate the trophy difficulty...  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.53

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 1 month later...

I voted a 4. Most of the trophies are easy to get. The story mode difficulties all stack, I played hardest difficulty and got the normal & easy trophies too.

There are 24 galleries and this is the hardest part. There are only 8 maps and you have to beat them in three different modes. You can play the galleries on easy too, but they raise time limits and point minimums for a gold rank. I had difficulty with 3 maps, in particular the last 2.

This game also does not support inverted Y-axis either. You play story mode in third person, so its different than all the other Cabela's games. It feels like a poor man's Uncharted 2 lol.

I used the move for the entire game, it seems to help for the shooting galleries in particular. :)

I voted a 4. Most of the trophies are easy to get. The story mode difficulties all stack, I played hardest difficulty and got the normal & easy trophies too.

There are 24 galleries and this is the hardest part. There are only 8 maps and you have to beat them in three different modes. You can play the galleries on easy too, but they raise time limits and point minimums for a gold rank. I had difficulty with 3 maps, in particular the last 2.

This game also does not support inverted Y-axis either. You play story mode in third person, so its different than all the other Cabela's games. It feels like a poor man's Uncharted 2 lol.

I used the move for the entire game, it seems to help for the shooting galleries in particular. :)

Excellent info! Will have this game tomorrow.

With the "Top Shot elite" difficulty estimate at 1.Galleries - change difficulty to easy. :)

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/riven65.png

So far, the galleries are all pretty easy with the DS3. Just an FYI to those who plan to use the Sharpshooter for this game, it doesn't work all that well. No doubt they want you to get the Top Shot Elite.

So is it not doable with the Sharpshooter?

The Sharpshooter was a pain in the ass with button placement on Dangerous Hunts 2011 but if its all the same than I can deal with it.

With the Sharpshooter, there is no way to switch from rifle to shotgun in Katmai. Must be different for DH 2011 then. Easy enough with a DS3 though. The only ones that will give you any challenge will be 6, 7, and 8 on Quick Draw.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This game is a 3 with the PS Move controller, without the PS Move it'll be a 4.

Story mode on hard mode and the latching/combat trophies are very easy. The shooting galleries aren't difficult using the PS Move controller and if you set the difficulty to hard mode to get more points but the survival gallery is a grind.

This game is platinumable in 1-2 days. Shadows of Katmai may have generic graphics and subpar voice acting but the game does a decent job with the storyline and giving players the ability to free roam the environment.

I decided on a 4/10.

The trophies associated with the campaign and combat were easy as pie. A majority of the galleries were incredibly simple as well, with the exception of 1 or two in the Quick Draw category. Even those were manageable after a handful of attempts, though.

I probably would have given the game a lower score if I didn't have to use a Dualshock 3 (unfortunately my Move controller isn't working properly at the moment). Aiming with a standard controller felt wonky and imprecise at times. I'm guessing some of those galleries would have been even easier to complete with a PS Move.

• 3 weeks later...
This game is a 1/10 for everything except the last 2 Quickdraw gallery. Thats pushing it to a 5/10. Very Frustrating

I need a little help with the 'Quick draw' galleries. I put it here, since you guys are giving scores 5 and under, and i'm 2 gallery trophies away from the Platinum.

For the quick draw, i have to get all lights lit up in the shortest amount of time? Because i completed one, but it didn't say whether i got a bronze, gold, or whatever.

• 4 weeks later...

Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai platinum difficulty (with guides) 2

Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai platinum difficulty (without guides) 2

Cool.. That last quick-draw challenge was a doozy. Unfortunately, after playing all the other challenges and getting used to how things work, lay of the lands & animal patterns, I got through it (quick-draw challenge 8) on my second try. Six Axis in hand & no guide.

Everything was a snap. Campaign trophies, challenges.. Too bad the game was ass. Imagine if real hunters went around killing animals like they do in this game. Poor wolves..

Edited by Rubbercons

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

these fucking medals are retarded! ive been playing the same fucking challenge like a moron up until just now over and over non fucking stop trying to do better then what ive thought all along was a fucking silver! getting higher and higher scores everytime ive had a platinum medal on just about all trek galleries thinking it was a silver like Jesus Christ how high is the gold.. smh i almost through this game in the garbage till i just realized.. how the fuck are they going to make the silver and plat medals look so identical.. it really looks like bootleg jewelry down on canal street.. smh what a fucking disgrace!

lmao -feels like a dummie-

I gave it a 5, I found the shooting galleries challenging (playing with a DS3). Even though I knocked most of them at first try, some of them took me like a third of the time spent on that platinum. But I assume it is fairly easy compared to a lot of games and moreover, a quick platinum to be gotten.

• 4 weeks later...
how the fuck are they going to make the silver and plat medals look so identical.. it really looks like bootleg jewelry down on canal street.. smh what a fucking disgrace!

lmao -feels like a dummie-

Being from NY, i have to LOL at that!

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Survival challenges 5 & 7 i think, are a mother.

The quick draw? Ha. I haven't tried in awhile because they've pissed me off to no end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I gave it a 7. That Quick Draw 8 was ridiculously hard. It took countless retries and the playstation move controller to finally beat it. I'm thinking it's near-impossible with a dual shock 3.

Don't be fooled. You'll get 70%+ of the trophies easily, but them galleries require practice, practice, practice and memorization, memorization!

Good luck with this platinum, it's HARD!