Idaho Area #5 - PS3 Lockup during Merriam Turkey Hunt

RSheb

Major issue with this game. i've played through until Area #5 in Idaho and everytime the system completely locks up on the bonus Merriam Turkey Hunt. Here is what I have tried to resolve this:

• Three independent copies of the game.
  • Tried playing the Area without doing the Turkey Hunt
  • Deleted all game saves and started from the beginning without doing any hunt restarts

I played all the way through from the start with no issues and "viola" it locks up at the same point.

Anyone else having this same issue at this point of the game? Is this just a lousy port to the PS3? Anyone have any suggestions?

This kind of idiotic thing just burns me up.....how can you make a game and distribute it with faulty code?

Edited by RSheb

I finally got past this point.

I, basically, turned off the Auto-Save, the Controller Vibration, the subtitles, all sound generators and played it a couple of more times and was lucky enough to get a save that went to the next area. Although it still locked up my PS3 as I did get the save, but....whewww, what an unnecessary battle to move on in a game.

I really believe it had something to do with the Auto-Save and I have not enabled it since then and have not experienced any further lockups in the later gameplay.

Still haven't finished yet, but I'm hopeful that it was just that one point in the game..........