How to get Blood Stain challenge for Gold Rush

Alright guys this is what i used to get gold medal for blood stains.

What you wanna do is go to career, then level 2 tier, Mountain Goat. For the weapon select the Classic .223 Bolt Action (I had all upgrades).

As you start the level there will be a high vantage spot point about 30 yards to your left. If you can't find it use hunter sense (:triangle:) to spot it. Once it shows you the herd walk down the hill to your right. I posted up about halfway down the hill. Pull out your range finder (:rs:) find a trophy target, and mark it using your range finder using (:r1:) NOTE: for me there are always 3 trophies in the herd, it doesn't matter which one you choose. Once you have marked it switch to your rifle now spot the trophy you marked in your scope and aim behind the vitals near the butt of the animal, and fire your rifle. You should notice that you hit the target but it is in no danger of going down and will run off with the rest of the herd. Run to where you shot it, and use hunter sense (:triangle:) to find the blood stain. When you have located the blood stain you may literally have to dance around it spamming (:cross:) to investigate it and get it to register. You will know you have gotten credit for finding it once your hunter makes a remark about. ie: "A blood stain", or "I got him good, now just need to finish him off" etc.

Now that you are certain you have gotten credit for this blood stain, follow the tracks the herd left to the next area they have gone to. When you find the herd for the second time you will take notice of the fact the animal you had recently marked and shot, is still marked. This time leave it marked and find another trophy male, shoot it behind the vitals near the butt of the animal then go claim your blood stain using the same method for the previous time.

Now that you have gotten those blood stains, follow the herd again, this time use the animal that has stayed marked from your first stain and finish it off. Claim the animal after killing it.

NOTE: After killing the animal, and claiming it. Your hunter will state that "the herd is gone for good."

So find yourself another vantage point. These are marked by the eye icon on your hub compass at the top of the screen. After finding the next herd repeat steps as necessary for your blood stains.

NOTE: After the third shot into the herd, the herd will disappear hence the reason for claiming the trophy after the second blood stain.

VERY IMPORTANT: I would also like to point out. Keep an eye on how much time you have left in the hunt. If time expires and you have to restart the hunt. You WILL NOT get credit for the blood stains you have found. You should have plenty of time to get 4 per run as long as you don't dilly dally within the level.

I hope this helps you guys.

Edited by themmyerscomplex
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...