Explorer Trophy

P1nkeye

I tried getting this trophy for like 15 mins so not really sure if I'm having that much difficulty. I tried wave riding 1, one of the boxes is like 50 ft in air and I hit ramp at full speed and I jump at last second and I always fall short. Can anyone share some tips. Thank you!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I tried getting this trophy for like 15 mins so not really sure if I'm having that much difficulty. I tried wave riding 1, one of the boxes is like 50 ft in air and I hit ramp at full speed and I jump at last second and I always fall short. Can anyone share some tips. Thank you!

I made the exact same mistake. The first box you see in area 1 of Wave Riding 1 is suspended by a balloon. IGNORE IT! You cannot reach this box no matter what you do. It is a total red herring. Your jetski never gains the speed necessary to jump that high.

There is one available box you can reach in area 1. Area 2 has two boxes. Area 3 has two boxes. 1 + 2 + 2 = 5. All boxes are at water level. No jumping is required.

There are two misleading decoy boxes, the first airborne box you see in area 1, and a second at the entrance to area 3. It is suspended by a balloon up a dirt path on the right side of the screen. Again, there is no way to get either of these boxes, so ignore them. All five boxes required for the trophy are at water level.

The last box for level five is the best hidden of the five. If you are facing the finish line, turn 90-180 degrees to your left and scan the water. It is underneath one of the raised platforms along the far border of the lake.

• 1 year later...

Even though it still went very fast I could have saved even more time if I had read through this forum before playing. Wasted 20 mins on that box and restarted archery 5 times after my first shot thinking it was glitched hehe. But ya, you can get 5 boxes at water level and they are all the the very begining or end of each area that you unlock.