XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 12-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
Phiona

Default Easy (But Long/Boring) Master Quiz Writer!

Many of you probably know this, but I did this yesterday and it worked so I wanted to share with everyone else.

Basically, this technique requires you to make multiple accounts and log onto mybuzz online and do the quizzes completely by yourself. Making the multiple accounts takes longer than actually doing the quizzes surprisingly.

Step 1: Go to https://store.playstation.com/accoun...ionFlow.action and begin filling out applications. To quicken the process, use Mailinator - Let Them Eat Spam! for your email addresses.

To use mailinator, you don't need to sign up at all or anything, just type in any address on the playstation network store when they ask for which email to send registration info to, and then it'll show up on the mailinator website when you filter for that address.

Step 2: Go to MyBuzz!™ | Locale selection, sign out of any previous accounts, and sign in with your new accounts. Search for your PSN name, and then pick the 10 quizzes that are closest to 2.5 stars/25 plays (I did 12 just in case 2 didn't work). Make sure to open them in new tabs and not just in one tab as this will save you a lot of time.

Step 3: Just click the top button for each quiz, rate it as 4 when you finish it, and I recommend going on to the next window before shutting down the window. I'm not sure if the little app needs a bit of time to send data to the Buzz servers, but I waited a little each time before I closed the window.

Step 4: Rinse and repeat.

Step 5: Bing! Trophy! (Worked for me at least).

Additional notes:
- Sometimes the quiz applet will freeze. I found if I moved my mouse outside of the applet, the applet would continue to run.
- I am not 100% sure what people from Buzz/Sony think of this, like if you become the most popular author because you've had 250 plays and everyone has rated them as 4 stars, then they may frown on it, so use at your own risk.
- This is very very time consuming, HOWEVER: you can do this while you're doing the mybuzz enthusiast (playing 50 mybuzz games) to save time. Simply get a laptop next to you, start making accounts and rating your quizzes, and at the same time, click on any answer with your buzz controllers. Saves you time and effort.

Any questions, let me know!

Add me (Phiona on PSN) to boost the following PSN Games:

PS3 Games:
Puzzle Quest Galactrix
Diner Dash
Battlefield 1943
Castle Crashers
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

PS4 Games:
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
Phiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
aranjan

You really wanted those trophies badly. I have already made 24 quizzes. 13 have 25 plays or more and at least 2.5 stars, but no trophy.
aranjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:57 AM   #3
Phiona

Meh, it even helps people like yourself, make 2 accounts or so, go on and do it, and see if it pops up.

I myself had about 7 quizzes 2.5 stars or above with 25 plays, and 3 quizzes with like 8 plays that weren't going up at all. :\

PS3 Games:
Puzzle Quest Galactrix
Diner Dash
Battlefield 1943
Castle Crashers

PS4 Games:
Old 12-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
SpiChri

this trophy is a whore. I have 20 quizzes wit more than 13 quizzes played by more than 25 times and still no trophy
Old 12-14-2009, 01:32 AM   #5
amplifiedAnt

So you can 100% confirm that quizzes played via the website count towards the trophy? Much, much quicker than playing in-game so sounds good to me.

If it definitely does work I may have to do the same - I've met the requirements and not got my trophy, so it seems the easiest way. Guess I'll create 10-12 new quizzes just to make sure.

amplifiedAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:30 AM   #6
Phiona

100% confirmed, as in, I did it myself and it worked the moment I passed 25 plays on one of my quizzes.

And yeah, I had most of my quizzes around there, so if you're close it's easy to just push yourself over the edge a bit.

PS3 Games:
Puzzle Quest Galactrix
Diner Dash
Battlefield 1943
Castle Crashers

PS4 Games:
Old 12-16-2009, 05:16 AM   #7
CajunShooter

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I've given up on waiting and am actually trying to use this method to get the platinum. I'm making 5 accounts a day and playing through my first 15 quizzes in hopes that it will eventually give me this dumb trophy. I was at 3000 plays with no trophy doing it legit and now it is time to boost my plays. I hope this method works

*Update

After boosting just 5 times I finally earned the trophy and platinum. Apparently a couple quizzes had a couple more to go.

Platinum Games = 44
Latest: Sound Shapes

Vita Platinum Games = 5
Latest: Sound Shapes

PSN 100% Games = 45
Latest: Super Stardust Delta

Working on: PixelJunk Shooter 2

Last edited by CajunShooter; 12-16-2009 at 05:36 AM.
CajunShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #8
aranjan

Could people play my quizzes that have under 50 plays please, it would be greatly appreciated and if you do this, message me and I shall play yours.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
stedaman

Awards Showcase Helping Hand
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I've finally got this trophy. I made 7 accounts and it popped.

Anyone close to the trophy popping should definatly do this.
stedaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #10
FadeToOne

I'm annoyed and starting to do this too. I haven't even gotten the damn trophy for 25 plays and 2.5 rating on ONE quiz. I got the easiest of the three when I first turned the game on and looked at the quizzes... doesn't make any damn sense...

Edit: HAHA... I inadvertently landed on the top 10 authors list... whoops (but maybe that's a good thing for this trophy...)

Edit2: Well, there's my quality quiz writer... now I just need the master... sigh...

Edit3: 2000 plays in about a day and #2 on the top authors for the week and still no master trophy... figures

Edit: Hurray! Master is mine... only took 3000 plays and a #1 author spot... Now all I need are the invites, team tactics/socialite and the stupid costumes...

Last edited by FadeToOne; 12-24-2009 at 11:54 PM.
FadeToOne is offline   Reply With Quote