Platinum Difficulty Rating

funkyweed

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.93

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

It can be very difficult to obtain, alot of the trophys seem to be very tempermental with which game mode you actually play

for instance 'look good for the cameras' can only be done offline on a standard game and some people have got it using 4 and 8 buzzers while others havent been as lucky.

the weekend warrior seems abit glitchy also as ive played 3 weekends running and didnt get the trophy although ive heard you can just change your PS3 settings.

the writers quiz unless you wrote your quizzes over a year ago will be very difficult to achieve also.

other than that you can get the rest of the trophys in a matter of days depending on boosting partners.

overall ill give it a 6/10 as some trophys are just stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

I only have 52% however I've got the previous 2 Buzz plats and know what it's like.

Here's what might prove to be very hard for people:

- making 12 quizzes with over 2.5 star rating (quizzes made from previous games count so I got 2 silvers straight away luckily)

- 25 online wins will be lengthy

- 5 trophies requiring the PS3 Eye Camera (most people don't have a camera)

- playing a MyBuzz quiz that hasn't been played by anyone - it took my at least 40 MyBuzz quizzes

In some ways it's a lot easier than previous Buzz games but on the other hand, the new trophies can't be quite challenging.

• 4 weeks later...

I gave it an 8. While nothing is actually terribly hard, there is alot of boosting required and I think that when you have to rely on other people the difficulty is much higher regardless because you are counting on other people and not just your skill. And there is alot of stuff that requires other people for this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gave it a 5, since I got the platinum within a week which is very fast for me as a beginning PS3 player (been playing for 3 months now). Got most of the Buzz trophies fairly easy. Only had some problems with the online trophies and the Looking Good for the Camera one.

• 2 weeks later...

gave it an 8, based on if this is the only BUZZ! game you have and no bosting, the 3 mybuzz writing trophies are preatty hard to optaine, mainly if you live in a small country like Demnmark, the "Popular Author trophy is actually harder to get than "Master quiz writer"

I dont boost(defeats the purpose of obtaining trophies imo) so its a very hard platinum

Also depending on others for your own trophies(outside of self skill) has to be one of the worst design choices devs can make. Enough with this crap already.

Edited by Psychodrama

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually gave this a 10, even though I have 90% at the game, but this is the Platinum Difficulty Thread after all.

Getting 90% took me a lot of work and if the game doesn't decide to give me the trophies it keeps glitching on me, I might never get the Plat.

First of all the trophies in general are around a 4. Then I add 2 points for needing to buy a camera to get trophies for the Plat. Another 2 points are added for the Master Quiz Writer, as trophies severely relying on other people to look at and rate your stuff is just plain stupidity in the first place. But then you have to get lucky that people actually find your stuff! The last 2 points are added for the severe glitchiness of some trophies, especially Using all costumes in a full game, I've made 3 different attempt at this trophy using different methods and still no trophy. Will give it a go again after TSL, but until then, this game is very fun, but trophywise it utterly blows! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i voted 6...some are pretty easy, but some can be a pain like the master quiz, especially if your the one who has met the requirements but not enuff ppl actually signed in when they did the quiz and or did not rate it...but can also be boosted....took me way too long bout 8 monthsto plat...of course, took weeks break every month but still!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Online trophies suck monkey balls. The cooperation required for the trophies in this game is monstrous. Anytime you get a group of 4 to boost trophies, the gang gets impatient with glitching, etc., and somebody bails, leaving you to find a new 4th. While waiting, you'll lose your 2nd and 3rd, basically leaving you to start the hunt all over.

I HATE online trophies. Especially on games like this.

• 1 month later...

What bugs me most about the Quiz Writer trophies is that the game makers are actually just using your quizzes (at least, the small minority that are actually any good) as a cheap way to produce DLCs or future games. They're basically employing the public for the price of a couple of trophies.

Aren't there child labor laws against this? Tax laws?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am seriously giving this game a 9. I should have at least five more trophies than I currently have, but due to glitches beyond my control, I don't have them. Team Tactics has glitched on me, Look Good For The Cameras has glitches on me (I've already tried getting it twice), and I should have all the Quiz Writer trophies but most of the people that have played them weren't logged in or some other such BS. I agree with whoever said that placing a strong reliance on others to obtain trophies is a really stupid idea. Can't wait to platinum this game so I can just be done with it...

• 3 weeks later...

8/10

This game isn`t hard at all. Some trophies need more time to earn, some of them You can boost as well.

But... Master Quiz Writer is the f****** pain! I`m not sure, but I solved about 1000 quizzes (maybe more) during last year, and my own quizzes were played almost 3400 times!

I`m really happy this shit is over now...

F*** YOU BUZZ! :thumbsdown:

• 1 year later...