What the hell?

Aidan

Ok, so I've looked at trailers and what not, and what in the hell?

Is this the next generation "who wants to be a millionaire?" but on the PS3? I'm the type that has developed an intense hatred for the weekly "family fun night" with Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly, so I spent 4 years trying to convince my father that I am narcoleptic so I can't stay focussed and need to go to my room to, umm, sleep.

I see a lot of people excited for this game, but I can't help but place it in the category of games such as "Wheel of Fortune" and "Monopoly Travel Pack". I mean, for 3 dollars I can pick up some impossible hand-held-thing at Wal Mart that plays Yahtzee until I'm ready to bore my eyes out with a rusty drill bit. This is a game show that will require me to spend 60 dollars, so what is so amazing about this?

From what I've seen, the game doesn't have built in trophies, nor does it support half the features trailers promised the players. The host is also incredibly annoying, with a British accent that makes me wish my ears were right next to my ass so I had a reason to wave it at the TV while playing this (nothing against British accents, but this one just isn't funny and British accents seem to run parallel to "humor" these days be default, which seems to me more insulting than anything else)

Is this just another gameshow videogame? Is there something I'm not aware of? Like Roleplaying elements, the ability to assault your fellow contestants with dull knives or some sort of boxing mini-game like in Ape Escape? I've seen a trailer where the Host throws a pie at you if you fail to produce the necessary intellect to answer a question. I'd probably be more inclined to answer if the Host would shoot you with an M4, seeing as I like pie and wouldn't mind one being tossed in my direction. It all just seems very childish and mainstream.

And on a final note, supposedly you can make your own questions and submit them. Who is going to check the accuracy of these questions? And by God who will evaluate the IQ that was used to produce the questions? I don't want to sit here and get the question "Who was Hitler married to?" and then get some fool throwing pies at me because it was supposedly "Martha Steward" instead of the actual answer. That would be like playing around a system with the accuracy of wikipedia, which makes my tiny brain feel like a web of defeat, booby traps and barbed wire.

So yeah, enough ranting. Please prove me wrong and convince me as to why I should have this game, and what makes it so special. I want to be wrong, because I like good games, but I just can't seem to warm up for this one. I might just spend 60 dollars if they add a life-size figurine of the host so I can strangle him at will and perform experimental brain surgery on him.

Edited by Aidan

Its actually more a party style game and totally more fun when you have a group of people playing it. I had my bro + g/f, mum and dad around last night and we were shouting and trying to outdo each other. Honestly though if you're playing on your own then, imo, don't bother with it as it can get a little tedious.