Trophy cheat/glitch

fanboy

Dont take this as gospel, and apologies if this has been posted before, but I think I just found a cheat to get trophies on this game. Its only worked for me so far so Im not sure if its just a glitch or anyone can do it.

Basically I deleted my Game data (Not save data) and then booted the game up. When prompted to install the update I pressed circle to not install. The game tells you that you cant play online or sign in to PSN this way, I chose 'Ok'.

Next I played one single player game and then quit the game completely and went back to the PS menu or xmb. I booted up the game again and this time when asked if i wanted to install the update I chose 'yes'. After a few minutes of installing etc I got through to the main Buzz menu and for some reason I cannot explain trophies just started unlocking left, right and centre!

UPDATE - IF YOU ALREADY HAVE QUITE A LOT OF THESE TROPHIES IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE A FEW GOES BEFORE ANYTHING UNLOCKS. MAYBE 4 TIMES.

*****THIS GLITCH WILL NOT WORK WITH THE SPECIAL EDITION*********

*****IT DOES NOT UNLOCK SECRET TROPHIES**********************

******IT DOES NOT WORK WITH BUZZ BRAIN OF BRITAIN************

UPDATE - TUTORIAL VIDEO. MANY THANKS TO TIMESPLITTER 01 FOR THE FIND.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XQ1YSIr520]YouTube - Buzz Quiz Trophy Glitch TUT[/ame]

Credit to chunkypython for making these directions which make it all a bit simpler

1. Delete GAME data

2. Start buzz, do not install update 1.10 when prompted.

3. Play 1 full round and go back to the menu were Buzz is sat on the couch(So game saves) it will not work if you do not do this.

It may even be wise to start a Second game just to make sure it saves. (Credit for tip goes to STORMSHADOW7 )

4. Quit Buzz

5. Start Buzz

6. Install update when prompted

7. Accept user agreement by pressing the Buzz button and go to the main menu

Be online

8.rinse and repeat. - Credit to RGS 14!

Before I did this I was at 24% trophy completion, but this unlocked me up to 60%! I did it again and now Im at 78% and only need the lightning reactions trophy to get platinum (Which is sad cos I'll never get it).

It doesnt unlock the secret trophies, but it worked for everything else and really takes the grind out of the sofa v sofa trophies etc.

Again, dont take my word that this will work - it worked for me, but I dont know anyone else who has tried it yet.

Edited by fanboy

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I deleted my game data

Then launched the game, and choose not to install. I then played single player game (selecting a character, answering one question) and then quit the buzz game (pressing the 4 buttons, then selecting quit), then used the XMB to quit the game.

Launched the game again, installed and at the main menu nothing.

When I did it I played a full game and let it get back to the main menu so it saved that I had played a game, if that makes sense.

I did try it without finishing a full game aswell and nothing happened, so give it one more try.

ChunkyPython - I tried it three times and it unlocked more trophies on each go. I dont think it unlocks secret ones though.

On my first go I got all the sofa v sofa, multiplayer ones etc, and on my next go I got Barnard Gold and 50 single player games.

What a lucky find! im glad it works for (some) other people too.

When I did it I played a full game and let it get back to the main menu so it saved that I had played a game, if that makes sense.

I did try it without finishing a full game aswell and nothing happened, so give it one more try.

ChunkyPython - I tried it three times and it unlocked more trophies on each go. I dont think it unlocks secret ones though.

On my first go I got all the sofa v sofa, multiplayer ones etc, and on my next go I got Barnard Gold and 50 single player games.

What a lucky find! im glad it works for (some) other people too.

Yep, I did the same thing, only had to do it twice to get everything except 3 hidden ones.

I did play full game and let it go back to main menu and save before quitting.

How good is that?! :)

The other three will be easy.

Lightening reactions is really hard, but if you cheat you'll get it.

I read on here a tip from some guy who said he would film the screen with his mobile phone and press the PS button as soon as the answers came up. Then you can check the video on your mobile phone for the right answer and just mash the hell out of the right button on the buzzer just before you press the PS button again.

I had to do this as I have the reactions of a limbless sloth.

Great way to get the platinum on this game though, cos its such a grind otherwise. I actually feel a bit guilty to be honest, cos I see here on these forums so many threads looking for Sofa v Sofa partners, but it simply isnt needed!

didnt work for me. played a full game but it didnt save like it normally does. did you let all the credits roll first before quitting the game? i will try it again in a little bit.

No I just skipped it and waited a couple secs at the main screen before I quit.

Did you delete the game data?

Yeah, I basically waited until I was back at the screen where it lets you select a game again.

You can tell when its saving I think as there is a slight bit of lag while it zooms in on where Buzz is sat on the couch. After the menus come back up with the different categories on again, then I quit and loaded it with the update and it worked fine.

It should work, if it works for three people I guess it really should work for everyone.

Its wierd.

How good is that?! :)

The other three will be easy.

Lightening reactions is really hard, but if you cheat you'll get it.

Im never using the PS cheat to get that trophy again it screwed me over twice. I answered 2 correctly then I hit the PS button (1.10 update makes the screen black so you can't cheat to get it) and when I hit the PS button and hit the correct answer I got it right but in 283 and then next time 289.

I know it can be a bit of a pain, but you have to get it in 290 or less I think.

You've just gotta get your film going before the question is asked, and then when the answers come up press PS straight away.

You'll only have a split second of footage, but if you pause it you can normally get it.

Its funny actually cos the reason I found this cheat was because I originally deleted the game data so I could do the PS cheat before the 1.10 patch so I wouldnt get a black screen. Then when i started the game again and installed the update, it unlocked virtually everything apart from the trophy I was trying to get!

Edited by fanboy

im gonna try this as i need the sofa game wins.. havent played any sofa games yet...i got everything else tho..

i thought lightning reactions was gonna be hard for me.. but for some reason my first first player game when i went to try for it like a week ago, i got it in the first round!! and then i did it again each of the next 2 rounds (i saw i got it for myself)... 90s music ftw.. :D

I know it can be a bit of a pain, but you have to get it in 290 or less I think.

You've just gotta get your film going before the question is asked, and then when the answers come up press PS straight away.

You'll only have a split second of footage, but if you pause it you can normally get it.

Its funny actually cos the reason I found this cheat was because I originally deleted the game data so I could do the PS cheat before the 1.10 patch so I wouldnt get a black screen. Then when i started the game again and installed the update, it unlocked virtually everything apart from the trophy I was trying to get!

All I need to know is does it work with created quiz? If so then that trophy is mine.

Sadly I dont think it does. Apparently It only works on the main subjects, not even MyBuzz questions (At least thats what Ive heard).

I tried bloody everything to get that trophy, and the only thing that worked was using my mobile phone camera to film the screen then pause very, very quickly.

Yeah I just tried it didn't work. Well going from 2% to 56% in a matter of seconds wasn't that bad. Now the real work can start, looks like Im going to do that camera cheat as well. Only recorded getting my first platinum on it as I thought it would never happen again.

:p Yeah i know what you mean, I should've filmed that! This WAS my first Platinum and i sort of feel dirty, as I guess i didnt really deserve it.

Actually, that reactions trophy was a real pain, and Im not playing 50 games in single player, so yeah, I did deserve it!

Cool that the actual cheat worked though. Its looking like its legitimate rather than just a glitch.

Edited by fanboy

ya i got lucky for the reactions one.. well not really.. i am really good at 90s music :)

as for 50 single player games.. its not tooo bad..each single player game takesa bout 6 minutes... so getting that trophy is about 5 hours of work... ya thats a long time but spread out its not that bad... doing multipalyer and god forbid, sofa games.. that must be a real pain... thats kind of why i stopped.. i didnt want to do the sofa ones, it would take too long..

also for some reason, downloading the update is taking a while for me lol.. so its not a matter of seconds.. for me its probably a matter of 30 minutes... hopefully it works and i can get the sofa trophies! :)

edit: fanboy, you posting this cheat here is gonna give the rental companies lots of profit for the trophy hunters.. many ppl r gonna go rent the game (if they even rent it out with buzzers.. maybe not) and do the cheat to get the platinum!

Edited by Yeetman13

Yeah maybe so, I hope it does work for you, dunno why its taking so long - does it normally take a while for you to download updates?

Having said that, mine did take a little while aswell to be honest. Probably about 20 minutes so hopefully you should be alright.

About the reactions one, I simply just dont have reactions that fast!

I was doing 90s music and oldies music and I would know the answer before the answers list appeared everytime, but I simply wasnt fast enough. If the answer was in the top two answers I could always get it, but if it was further down I just couldnt read them quickly enough if you see what I mean.

I think one of the trophies was 'win 45 Sofa games' which just would've taken ages and its just so boring that no one would do it.

I really hope it works mate, it seems to be working for everyone else so far but you really have to make sure you get through a whole game and back to the menu screen when you are playing before the update to make sure it works I think