Buzz! Quiz TV - Road Map

mccrash3000

Buzz!: Quiz TV Road Map

The servers for this game have been switched off and the associated websites required for the Quiz creator trophies have long since been deleted so the Platinum is no longer possible.

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 2.5

-Total: 25 (6(B), 11(S), 7(G), 1(P))

-Offline: 18 (4(B), 8(S), 5(G), 1(P))

-Online: 7 (2(B), 3(S), 2(G)) (Amateur Quizwriter, which requires a PC with Internet connection)

-Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 50+ hours (without the glitch); maximum 15 hours (with the glitch)

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable trophies: 0

-Glitched trophies: none, but 18 trophies can also be obtained through a glitch

-Do cheat codes disable trophies: No cheat codes available

Buzz!: Quiz TV is the first chapter for Ps3 of a fortunate series of quiz games begun in 2005 on Ps2. The game mechanics has been slighty variated since the debut title, as the game itself being essentially a reproduction of a quiz show, in which players compete throught various rounds for correctly answering the highest number of questions. The dedicated devices of this game, the Buzzer, has become an iconic staplemark of this series and practically anyone has seen at least one time in his life one of these remote-like instruments in a video game shop.

With the release of Ver. 1.01, 25 trophies were added on the game, covering all the modes the game have to offer (Single player, Multiplayer, My Buzz!, Online play). Altough widely regarded as some of the easiest trophies available for a retail game, this trophies can be extremely time consuming, since most of it requires to play all of this modes at least 50 time each one. Plus, some hidden trophies, like Lighting Reaction, can be really tricky and should require a little bit of practice with the game.

However, a glitch implying the download of the trophy patch has been discovered, making possible to obtain some long trophies earlier in the game, and is widely used by the most part of people playing this game. There's still someone that legitimately prefer to obtain the trophies in a more clear way, expecially the owners of the Special Edition of the game, which can't use the glitch because the trophy patch is pre-installed on the game disc.

I wrote this road map with the purpose of helping both these categories of players, providing some hints and tips i developed by playing the game, and what i think is the shortest path to Platinum this game. I also reported a full step-by-step of how to use the glitch if someone want to use it as the latest section of the map. Please note that this guide is neither the only way you can Platinum the game, nor a speedrun for easy bronze and silver trophies; so, if you disagree with it, feel free to follow your way in any moment you want.

1) Single player (10 trophies)

From the main menu, select Single player to play a series of 3 rounds with 6 questions for round. The basic structure is quite easy: before every round you can choose a category, then the quickest you answer the question, the highest will be the number of point awarded (from a minimum of 0 to a maximum of 300). The least number of games you have to play is 50, because this will secure you all the Lonesome and Loving it trophies; this will take about 9 hours. Be sure to follow this path, however:

- Play the first 6 games on 6 different channels

- Play the first 12 games with 12 different characters (for the Special Edition owners, you have to play with the first 12 characters starting from Dwayne and going up)

This will award you with Channel Hopper and Casting Agent, as well as LaLi bronze.

All of the Barnard Awards trophies requires you to score a gave number of points in order to be obtained (1.000, 3.000 and 5.000 respectively). Since there are 18 questions in a game, you have to score an average point of 278 per question in order to get all of these trophies. There are at least 3 ways you could get this trophies:

- You can obtain it by normally playing through the game. At least, after 50 games, you probably know a lot of questions of the game, so you shouldn't have much troubles.

- You can play through the same category on the same channel until you memorize all the questions. You can limit the categories for a channel in the Options menu.

- You can use the following trick (suggested by R1KSTA on the trophy guide): since the pressing of the PS button will pause the game, once you've read the question, press PS, then go on Internet and search the answer. Press PS again to continue the game, then give the right answer.

You can also mix up all these things, as you want. By reaching 5.000 points, you will probably get the He's on Fire! trophy, otherwise use one of the methods I've described before and be sure to correct answer 10 questions in a row. Same goes for the Lighting Reaction trophy: feel free to use what you want for this one. Personally, i used a mix of method 2 and 3, by choosing "Today Music" on the Music channel. You know you've answered a question under 0.05 seconds if you score equal on more than 293-294 points (there's still some debate about the exact score; however 295 or more points per question will definitely grant you the trophy). Note that you can get this last two trophies in all modes of the game, however Single player is the easiest one to get it.

By the end of this section, you should have 10 trophies on your count:

Lonesome and Loving it Bronze

Lonesome and Loving it Silver

Lonesome and Loving it Gold

The Barnard Award Bronze

The Barnard Award Silver

The Barnard Award Gold

He's on Fire!

Channel Hopper

Casting Agent

Lighting Reaction

2) MyBuzz! (4 trophies)

Time for a little work here. You need a PC for Amateur Quizwriter: go on Internet, connect to http://www.mybuzzquiz.com, sign up with your PSN email and password and go to "Create a quiz". Follow the tutorial and create 20 quiz. There's absolutely nothing i can tell you about this one, feel free to take your time and create what you want, but remember that other people will read it, so don't be too banal or vulgar, and try to make a good work. Once you've posted your last quiz, wait for the server to update and once you turn on the game and connect to the server, the trophy will pop up.

Then, play at least 50 MyBuzz! games, and you will get all the MyBuzz! Enthusiast trophies. Be sure not to select "Play the quiz", because this will let you play a selection of MyBuzz! quizzes that will count as a single MyBuzz game. Instead, choose specific single quizzes and play them, this will shorten the game a lot (it takes about 4.30 hours). Also, please note that the quizzes you play on the MyBuzz! website doesn't count for the trophy, you have to play all of them through the game.

By the end of this section, you should have got at least the following trophies:

Amateur Quizwriter

MyBuzz! Enthusiast Bronze

MyBuzz! Enthusiast Silver

MyBuzz! Enthusiast Gold

bringing your total count to 14 trophies.

Edited by Terminator
Added note about the Platinum being no longer available.

3) Multiplayer (4 trophies)

Really, there's nothing much to say about this mode, you can play it by yourself or with a friend or more, and be sure to reach the 50 games to get all the Socialite trophies. The only tips i can give you is these two:

- Fortunately, Buzz! is much popular for parties or to revamp a boring night, so if you can bring it with you in these circumstances, you can make your friends happy while they're working on the trophies for you. Personally i've reached 20 games with this method, and even if i've got Platinum, i'm still playing the game with friends.

- If you want to shorten the time for the trophies, play with 2 players only, or better, play by yourself with 2 Buzzers. You can reach the 50 games in about 13 hours this way

Also, by playing by yourself, you have much probabilities to get the Flawless Round, by using the techniques i described before.

By the end of this section, you should have got at least the following trophies:

Socialite Bronze

Socialite Silver

Socialite Gold

Flawless Round

bringing your total count to 18 trophies.

4) Online (6 trophies + Platinum)

This is probabily the most boring part of the entire game, as well as the only really challenging one, at least if you don't have someone to boost this trophies with. Theoretically, you have to win at least 50 online games to grant you all the trophies and the Platinum, however, since you'll probabily play with someone who needs the same trophies of you, you'll end by playing 100 online games, which can take about 20 hours. Here's the thread for finding boost partners:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/buzz-quiz-tv/2613-trophy-boosting-thread.html

Otherwise, you can choose to don't boost the trophies and try to win all the 50 games by yourself. If you've followed this path, you've probabily learned a good number of questions by playing through Single player and Multiplayer, so try to do your best. There's only an advice i can give to you: in one of the online rounds, you have to choose all the right answers to a single question. Since your opponent can see which answers you choose, wait until the time is near to finish before answering. Better else, try to bluff with your opponent by giving wrong answers at first, then change them with the good ones before the time ends. These last 6 trophies will grant you the Platinum.

Sofa Surfer Bronze

Sofa Surfer Silver

Sofa Surfer Gold

Sofa Subjugator Bronze

Sofa Subjugator Silver

Sofa Subjugator Gold

Buzz's New Best Friend

bringing your grand total count to 25 trophies.

EXTRA) Using the glitch (Still working at 03/07/2009)

All the trophies of this game, except for the secret ones and the Platinum, can also be obtained by using a glitch involving the Ver.1.10 update. As i wrote before, this means that the owners of the Special Edition of this game (like me) can't use this method for getting trophies, because the SE comes patched with Ver.1.10 in the disk.

In my opinion, this is a good way for taking a lot of time-consuming trophies, since i've ended to use it by borrowing the game from a friend. Someone can object that this is a non-legitimate way for getting the trophies, just like cheating; however, i think it's quite different from this, because really any of the trophies you can obtain in this way can be missed by playing the game. You can even play all the modes by randomily press all the buttons, and still get all that trophies, so it's a big difference from, for example, get the Zone Zeus trophy using the glitch on Anulpha Pass. You don't need skill, just a lot of time, so it's a different matter, for me.

There's an exception, by the way: if you choose to win all the 50 online games for the Sofa trophies without boosting with someone, using the glitch can actually be considered like cheating. So, for taking your conscience clean, play these ones for first, and then use the glitch if you want it.

However, this is how the glitch works (thanks to fanboy and timesplitter_01)

- Delete all your Buzz! game data (not the save data)

- Be sure not to be connected on PSN

- Start the game, and, when asked to install Ver.1.10, press Circle to ignore

- Refuse to connect to MyBuzz! server

- Play a full Single player game (all 18 questions, no matter your score)

- Once you'll come back in the main menu, wait for the game to autosave (about 30 seconds, to be sure)

- Quit the game with the PS button

- Start the game again, and this time choose to install Ver.1.10 (mine was about 350 mb, takes about 20 minutes)

- Again, refuse to connect to MyBuzz! server

- Once in the main menu, some, if not all, trophies will pop up one by one.

- If not all the trophies will pop up, or they won't appear at all, quit the game and repeat from step 1

Please note that this method can take several tries (i obtained all the trophies on my sixth one), and each try will take you about an hour. Anyway, you probabily need less than 10 tries to get all the trophies, so be patient. By using the glitch you will be awarded with the following trophies:

Lonesome and Loving it Bronze

Lonesome and Loving it Silver

Lonesome and Loving it Gold

The Barnard Award Bronze

The Barnard Award Silver

The Barnard Award Gold

MyBuzz! Enthusiast Bronze

MyBuzz! Enthusiast Silver

MyBuzz! Enthusiast Gold

Socialite Bronze

Socialite Silver

Socialite Gold

Sofa Surfer Bronze

Sofa Surfer Silver

Sofa Surfer Gold

Sofa Subjugator Bronze

Sofa Subjugator Silver

Sofa Subjugator Gold

Once you've got these trophies, you still need the secret ones for the Platinum. Simply follow my road map and you should be able to take them without much effort.

This ends my road map of Buzz!: Quiz TV. I'll accept any suggestion/correction/information/tips you will give to me to improve this guide, and i hope it will be useful to all of you.

Edited by mccrash3000

Buzz!: Quiz TV Road Map

Overview:

All of the Barnard Awards trophies requires you to score a gave number of points in order to be obtained (1.000, 3.000 and 5.000 respectively). Since there are 24 questions in a game, you have to score an average point of 209 per question in order to get all of these trophies. There are at least 3 ways you could get this trophies:

I was under the impression there was only 18 question in a single player game of buzz. I remember having to get every question right and having at least 274 points per question.

Mind you I did last play this around Jan so I could be wrong.

I was playing the Orignal not the Brain of.... version.

Other then that I think this is a great road map.

I was under the impression there was only 18 question in a single player game of buzz. I remember having to get every question right and having at least 274 points per question.

Mind you I did last play this around Jan so I could be wrong.

I was playing the Orignal not the Brain of.... version.

Other then that I think this is a great road map.

6*3=18....i haven't did the math! :p Thanks for your notice!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I, like many, have used this glitch to obtain all of the trophies except hidden and the 3 multiplayer trophies. I was on my 9th attempt at following the guide and when becoming frustrated with the Socialite trophies not unlocking until I figured something out.

After deleting your game data make sure the first game you play is a game "With Friends" (using 2 buzz controllers against each other) so it counts as a multiplayer game. Then once you update to the newest version (1.20 currently) they will unlock. The game appears to be looking at your game save file, to determine whether or not to unlock these trophies.

Hope this helps save people the frustration I had.

• 7 months later...
I, like many, have used this glitch to obtain all of the trophies except hidden and the 3 multiplayer trophies. I was on my 9th attempt at following the guide and when becoming frustrated with the Socialite trophies not unlocking until I figured something out.

After deleting your game data make sure the first game you play is a game "With Friends" (using 2 buzz controllers against each other) so it counts as a multiplayer game. Then once you update to the newest version (1.20 currently) they will unlock. The game appears to be looking at your game save file, to determine whether or not to unlock these trophies.

Hope this helps save people the frustration I had.

Perfect! If you follow both the guide and Blessorship's posting, you should be able to get this. I got all but the offline Multiplayer and secret trophies on the first try by playing a local multiplayer game and updating to 1.20. TY! (3/4/12)

Edited by biller88

• 7 months later...

This may seem stupid since most people want to do the opposite, but I want to make sure the trophies don't glitch on me. The problem is I'm staying in a hotel which has wifi that allows me to connect to the internet, but not PSN. The NAT type can't be detected so I'm guessing there are ports that would have to be opened, which the hotel staff won't do (I don't blame them). I'll be able to download the patch, but I won't be able to sign in to PSN, which if I understand it correctly is actually the way to make the trophies glitch.

So I'm just trying to see if I need to wait until I'm home and able to sign in or what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...