Controller sync problem ... or is it?

Newc

I've been trying to wrap up some MP games and just recently had a sync problem with the controllers... or so the screen says so... so like anyone I scoured the web for any info... never had this problem in 3 years...

... so much of the advice was on how to sync the controllers or the worst advice being "do you have batteries in the controller" ... or "new" batteries...

I get sometimes people are trying to help but when you know there is a deeper problem, the generic responses can get annoying. The best one I read though, was a guy was upset that the slot was too big for his "AAA" batteries... so at least I got a good laugh...

Anyway, I discovered the problem is that the damn usb dongle thingy does not make proper contact in the usb port... so I wiggled it tighter and the controls work again.. then it must move slightly or pop out of place and back to the controllers not working.

This wiggle method was working great at first... but now it does not respond as well when I try to do it... not sure how many MP games I have left for platinum but I may never get there.

So if anyone has a problem with syncing I bet this is the real problem.

EDIT: so ... I took a knife and slid it under the black rubber portion of the usb and "lifted" it up ... as well as used some pliers to reform the usb... amazingly I have been able to play trouble free since.

Edited by Newc