Points in 0.5 Seconds

bkbooth

In a single player game of Stop the Clock, how many points would I get if I answered in exactly 0.5 seconds?

I guessed at 280, but I just got over 280 three times in a row but no Lightning Reactions trophy. Maybe 285? Getting 290 3 times in a row would be nearly impossible. I had a question about LCD, bleedingly obvious, but it took me more than 0.5 seconds to find it in a sea of three word answers.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had to get over 295 3 times in a row to get this one.

my tip is too cheat. repeatedily press the ps button as the answers are revealed. it'll constantly pause and unpause the game allowing you more time to press the correct answer.

my tip is too cheat. repeatedily press the ps button as the answers are revealed. it'll constantly pause and unpause the game allowing you more time to press the correct answer.

I sadly admit that I cheated :( I was trying to do it properly for ages, but got frustrated and used this method. As I mentioned in my first post there were alot of times I knew the answer but it takes more than 0.5 seconds to find the answer.

I feel like a lesser man :p

I read that alot of people were using the Toons category to get this and the Barnard Gold award, but I found the Gadgets and Gizmos category by far the easiest.

Edited by bkbooth

Heh, just did that nifty little "Tap PS Button" trick. I knew all the answers as i love Science and Tech and tapping the PS button allowed me to answer them with an average of about 290 odd. It got me rank 20th in the world and rank 2 for this week!!!

Heh, just did that nifty little "Tap PS Button" trick. I knew all the answers as i love Science and Tech and tapping the PS button allowed me to answer them with an average of about 290 odd. It got me rank 20th in the world and rank 2 for this week!!!

Any chance of someone explaining step by step how to do this tap Ps button thing ? I've tried it but canat seem to figure it out . :confused::o

I still don't understand why anyone would want to cheat on a quiz game? I can understand needing a little extra assistance if you're playing through a particularly tough segment on a game, but to cheat at a quiz? Maybe it's just me, but I've always had something of a soft spot for quizzes. The feeling you get when you know the answer, or taking a wild guess in the dark and getting it right. When you cheat, it kind of robs the entertainment out of it, and the challenge.

Edited by ADPolicenaut

I still don't understand why anyone would want to cheat on a quiz game? I can understand needing a little extra assistance if you're playing through a particularly tough segment on a game, but to cheat at a quiz? Maybe it's just me, but I've always had something of a soft spot for quizzes. The feeling you get when you know the answer, or taking a wild guess in the dark and getting it right. When you cheat, it kind of robs the entertainment out of it, and the challenge.

I hav'nt cheated on any of the questions on Buzz. Its the Lightning fast reaction Trophy I just cant seem to get any where near o.5 of a sec reaction time. Could be because I'm and old git tho ! :eek::D

As soon as u see the question and the anwsers push the ps button... then when u figured out what colour to choose tab the colour of choice and push the ps button again while tapping the colour... this makes it alot easier to reach the desired goal...

I just did this yesterday and my 3. question was in 292 so i guess it dosent have to be 294 as the guide says!

Edited by Ghidora

As soon as u see the question and the anwsers push the ps button... then when u figured out what colour to choose tab the colour of choice and push the ps button again while tapping the colour... this makes it alot easier to reach the desired goal...

I just did this yesterday and my 3. question was in 292 so i guess it dosent have to be 294 as the guide says!

Thanks alot for the help, will try it again later. :D

Thanks alot for the help, will try it again later. :D

No problem, i hope you understand what i mean :)

My english isent always the best!

But it should be pretty easy... i just choosed Cartoons and got it right the first game i played...

cus the game is realy gay

and alot of people only brought it for trophies and for when family come around

i just let my family get them lol

just let them play it when there around

trophies will take alot longer to get but will eventualy get them

I think its a fun party game.. but when u just want to get thoes trophies faster, why not just play as u want... the only one you are cheating is yourself! so if your OK with it.. then what?

I agree, I just kept trying until I knew 3 in a row and could answer them quickly. I wouldn't "cheat" just to get a trophy. I guess its not technically cheated but it is exploiting a way of pausing and then answering mega quick. I nailed the recent music subject, I was aiming for the 50 single player trophy and knew the 0.5 answers would come.

Also when I've played online some users take ages to answer, well almost all of the time runs out, I'm thinking they are hitting google on another screen? Not sure!

cus the game is realy gay

and alot of people only brought it for trophies and for when family come around

i just let my family get them lol

just let them play it when there around

trophies will take alot longer to get but will eventualy get them

Also I wasn't impressed with this post, its an opinion I know but no need for the homophobic first line! I bought buzz to play as I like general knowledge quiz's anyway and had the earlier versions of this game on PS2, the trophies came out after I purchased, and buying a game just for trophies is a waste.

I got this one by total fluke. I guessed 3 answers in a row correctly :D

I first tried the tapping the ps button and google it method but i still didnt have enough time to answer so my advice is go with the guesses.

Edited by Hidd3nFury

• 1 month later...

Just thought that i would let anyone know that has not got this yet that you can do this in multiplayer so you can get the first two correct with all four controllers and then if you don't know the next you just go for one colour on each of the controllers. at least this way you only need to get the first two questions correct.:p