Buzz! Quiz TV Trophy Guide

xLevelUpx

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

*Direct link to stickied Guide*

*Direct link to stickied Road Map*

Bronze Trophies

Sofa Subjugator Bronze - Win 5 Sofa vs. Sofa games

Select ‘Online’ and WIN 5 Sofa vs. Sofa games, easy as that.

The Barnard Award Bronze - Score over 1500 points in Single player

This one’s really easy, no need to cheat, just play normally and it should come.

There’s 3 rounds to each game, 6 questions a round. If you answer pretty quickly you’ll only need to answer 6 or 7 questions correct.

Lonesome and Loving it Bronze - Play 5 single player games

Select ‘By yourself’ and play 5 games. Should come naturally, but if you just want Trophies just keep pressing the red buzzer when choosing character, then when round starts keep pressing any colour, doesn’t matter if you get them all wrong. The game should be over in half the time of playing it normally. It can become very boring though.

MyBuzz Enthusiast Bronze - Play 1 MyBuzz game

Select ‘MyBuzz’ and choose a quiz. Perfect time to try your 20 MyBuzz quizzes out if you submitted any for the ‘Create 20 MyBuzz Quizzes Trophy’

Sofa Surfer Bronze - Play 1 Sofa vs. Sofa game

Select ‘Online’ and PLAY 1 Sofa vs. Sofa games, easy as that.

Socialite Bronze - Play 5 Multiplayer games

Select ‘with friends’ and play 5 Multiplayer games, you only need 2 buzzers for this one not all 4. No friends then play Left hand vs. Right Hand.

Silver Trophies

Sofa Subjugator Silver - Win 20 Sofa vs Sofa games

Select ‘Online’ and WIN 5 Sofa vs. Sofa games. Boost with a friend by selecting ‘with friend’ instead of ‘join game’

The Barnard Award Silver - Score over 3000 points on single player

This one’s fairly difficult. There’s 3 rounds to each game, 6 questions a round. If you answer pretty quickly you’ll need to get 2 flawless rounds.

Lonesome and Loving it Silver - Play 20 single player games

Select ‘By yourself’ and play 20 games. Should come naturally, but if you just want Trophies just keep pressing the red buzzer when choosing character, then when round starts keep pressing any colour, doesn’t matter if you get them all wrong. The game should be over in half the time of playing it normally. It can become very boring though.

MyBuzz Enthusiast Silver - Play 20 MyBuzz games

Select ‘MyBuzz’ and choose a quiz. Perfect time to try your 20 MyBuzz quizzes out if you submitted any for the ‘Create 20 MyBuzz Quizzes Trophy’

Sofa Surfer Silver - Play 15 Sofa vs Sofa games

Select ‘Online’ and PLAY 15 Sofa vs. Sofa games. Boost with a friend by selecting ‘with friend’ instead of ‘join game’

Socialite Silver - Play 20 multiplayer games

Select ‘with friends’ and play 20 Multiplayer games, you only need 2 buzzers for this one not all 4. No friends then play Left hand vs. Right Hand.

He's on Fire! - Correctly answer 10 questions in a row. (Hidden)

This one can be very hard. When the question pops up press the PS button on the PS3 controller to pause the game, then use Google to find the answer. (thanks to R1KSTA) Also the screen goes black so you need to remember the question or you can keep hitting the PS button to act as a slow mo while you choose the answer.

Play With All Characters (Hidden)

While going for the Lonesome and Loving it Silver just change characters every game. There are 12 characters in total.

Flawless Round – Flawless multiplayer round all players (Hidden)

Easily done on your own, just select ‘with friends’ and use two controllers, press the same (colour) answer on both controllers.

Create 20 MyBuzz Quizzes (Hidden)

Go to www.mybuzzquiz.com, sign in with PSN ID, top right (email & password)

Then it should say welcome ‘your ID’

Quizzes created: 0

Total plays: 0

Then click ‘create a quiz’ followed by ‘Click to start’ – Enter name of quiz followed by clicking ‘Next’ – Enter description of quiz followed by clicking ‘Next’ – then enter question 1 of 8 followed by answer and possible answers; making sure you put the answer in the top box – then click ‘Save’.

Note that the answer will not always be the top box when playing the quiz back.

Next time you start up buzz and connect online the Trophy should unlock (you may need to wait for the server to refresh)

Channel Hopper – Play through a game on every channel (hidden)

You can get this one while going for Lonesome and Loving it Trophy just select a different category every time.

Gold Trophies

Sofa Subjugator Gold - Win 50 sofa vs. sofa games

Select ‘Online’ and WIN 50 Sofa vs. Sofa games. Boost with a friend by selecting ‘with friend’ instead of ‘join game’. Can be time consuming.

The Barnard Award Gold - Score 5000 points in single player

The second hardest trophy in the game. There’s 3 rounds to each game, 6 questions a round. You NEED to answer pretty quickly and get a flawless game. Use RIKSTA’s trick for this one. (When the questions pop up press the PS button on the PS3 controller to pause the game, and then use Google to find the answer)

Lonesome and Loving it Gold - Play 50 single player games

Select ‘By yourself’ and play 20 games. Should come naturally, but if you just want Trophies just keep pressing the red buzzer when choosing character, then when round starts keep pressing any colour, doesn’t matter if you get them all wrong. The game should be over in half the time of playing it normally. It can become very boring though.

MyBuzz Enthusiast Gold - play 50 MyBuzz games

Select ‘MyBuzz’ and choose a quiz, play 50 times. Don’t forget to submit a rating.

Sofa Surfer Gold - Play 40 Sofa vs. Sofa games

Select ‘Online’ and PLAY 40 Sofa vs. Sofa games. Boost with a friend by selecting ‘with friend’ instead of ‘join game’. Can be time consuming.

Socialite Gold - Play 50 multiplayer games

Select ‘with friends’ and play 50 Multiplayer games, you only need 2 buzzers for this one not all 4. No friends then play Left hand vs. Right Hand.

Lightning Reactions - Correctly answer 3 questions in a row in under 0.5 seconds (Hidden)

Possibly the hardest trophy in the game, you could use R1KSTA’s trick, but I found selecting the same Category over and over again, as eventually you’ll start to get the same questions again, and the answers are the same colours as last time. Also you need the points you score to be over 294 on each question.(I found choosing Gadgets & Gizmos under Lifesyle questions the easiest, didn't seem that many questions)

Platinum Trophies

Buzz's New Best Friend

Collect all other Trophies for this one.

Thanks to Dopee, three15, R1KSTA for hidden Trophies.

Edited by Terminator
Added links to the stickied Road Map and Trophy Guide.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I'm liking these descriptions.... I want to see guides that are big and full of information. A question that hasn't been answered for me is if you have to play a whole normal game to get the "play 20 games" trophies or if you can just play games on the sections you like "I did Sports all the way through once".

Now I have barely played the game but I'm sure there's other queries like that I will find. :)

Oh and my tip for the lightning trophy is to just try and get lucky by guessing straight away. Not sure if I know my maths well these days but 1/4 chance the fist time, 1/16 chance the second and 1/256 chance the third try. Now actually now that I have done the maths I am regretting my tip.... lol but I guess it could be done that way, right?

last one is

channel hopper silver play through a game on every channel

I'm not sure if I'm liking these descriptions.... I want to see guides that are big and full of information. A question that hasn't been answered for me is if you have to play a whole normal game to get the "play 20 games" trophies or if you can just play games on the sections you like "I did Sports all the way through once".

Now I have barely played the game but I'm sure there's other queries like that I will find. :)

Oh and my tip for the lightning trophy is to just try and get lucky by guessing straight away. Not sure if I know my maths well these days but 1/4 chance the fist time, 1/16 chance the second and 1/256 chance the third try. Now actually now that I have done the maths I am regretting my tip.... lol but I guess it could be done that way, right?

if you press the ps button just before the answers show you can take as long as you need. start thumping the answer and then when you repress the ps button bang, you answer it lightning fast

Edited by Webb
Please use the edit feature in the future.

I haven't been able to get this trophy despite having lots of rounds with all correct answers.

Do all players have to have correct answers?

Can you only do it on certain rounds?

Or could someone describe how they got it?

you have to get every question right really fast. i got 4953 last night, didnt miss a question. best bet is to keep trying the same catagory. theres only 500 diffrent questions in each so it repeats its self a lot. its how i got the 10 in a row and the 3 in 0.5 trophies. i worked out i was about 0.47 seconds off gettin the gold! dammit! thanks for the mention for the casting couch trophy

on a side note, ive made 20 quizzes now and still not got a trophy! i had 6 b4 the patch came out so im wondering if im gonna have to make another 6. but i have got 20 and the accounts are linked so there should be no problem right?

Nice, i got it now

Edited by Webb
Please use the edit feature in the future.

I haven't been able to get this trophy despite having lots of rounds with all correct answers.

Do all players have to have correct answers?

Can you only do it on certain rounds?

Or could someone describe how they got it?

it has to be multiplayer and you all have to get them all right. just grab 2 buzzers yourself and get them right, it will unlock after the round

The 50 sofa vs sofa games won trophy is way too hard!:mad: I only played one game and won it:Dalthough it was quick and easy, I still cant imagine beating 49 other people unless I invite a friend. But I don't like cheating. People did that too much happened on the Xbox 360. You may aswell play fair so you know what you can really achieve than just cheating and finding the answers on google, whats the point in that?To show off? That's just lame and the trophies become meaningless like on the Xbox 360 the gamerscore has just become pointless with some many people cheating!:mad: It'l be stupid to let this happen to the PS3. You're not actually achieving anything...Unless you play fair and listen to the rules:cool:

Edited by Kizwiz007

The 50 sofa vs sofa games won trophy is way too hard!:mad: I only played one game and won it:Dalthough it was quick and easy, I still cant imagine beating 49 other people unless I invite a friend. But I don't like cheating. People did that too much happened on the Xbox 360. You may aswell play fair so you know what you can really achieve than just cheating and finding the answers on google, whats the point in that?To show off? That's just lame and the trophies become meaningless like on the Xbox 360 the gamerscore has just become pointless with some many people cheating!:mad: It'l be stupid to let this happen to the PS3. You're not actually achieving anything...Unless you play fair and listen to the rules:cool:

eventually you would of had all the .will it be a form of cheating if you know the answer cuz it asked you earlier and thats how you got the trophy??

cheating for me on 360 was gamesaves and hacks. not working together to get some of the tougher ones, i mean thats what this site is for, for help and guidance for the more challenging trophies and to meet people who, like you, are after them too

I got the Lightning fast trophy award, I think I got extremely lucky. :|

All I did was guess them really quick and I got the trophy, I'm stoked. :D

The Guide looks better now and has answered my question of how to create quizzes, thanks. :)

The 50 sofa vs sofa games won trophy is way too hard!:mad: I only played one game and won it:Dalthough it was quick and easy, I still cant imagine beating 49 other people unless I invite a friend. But I don't like cheating. People did that too much happened on the Xbox 360. You may aswell play fair so you know what you can really achieve than just cheating and finding the answers on google, whats the point in that?To show off? That's just lame and the trophies become meaningless like on the Xbox 360 the gamerscore has just become pointless with some many people cheating!:mad: It'l be stupid to let this happen to the PS3. You're not actually achieving anything...Unless you play fair and listen to the rules

Instead of choosing 'Join game' choose 'Join friends' game. Its not cheating if your better then your friend :)

after creating 20 quizzes when do you get the trophy? I'll probably never make that many because i suck at question ideas. Also i bet people will just make a load of random quizzes to get the trophy. With questions like kdfuhsdkuhfosldflkda

Its really not that hard you only need 8 questions each quiz (8x20 = 160 questions) you could do a quiz on ‘Friends’ like ‘who plays Joey’ etc. or one on the ‘Simpsons’ like ‘which actor plays Bart’s voice’ etc

I got the Lightning fast trophy award, I think I got extremely lucky. :|

All I did was guess them really quick and I got the trophy, I'm stoked. :D

The Guide looks better now and has answered my question of how to create quizzes, thanks. :)

Nice one, its the hardest one there in my opinion.

Lightning Reactions - Correctly answer 3 questions in a row in under 0.5 seconds (Hidden)

Possibly the hardest trophy in the game, you could use R1KSTA’s trick, but I found selecting the same Category over and over again, as eventually you’ll start to get the same questions again, and the answers are the same colours as last time. Also you need the points you score to be over 280 on each question.(I found choosing Gadgets & Gizmos under Lifesyle questions the easiest, didn't seem that many questions)

I tried this and all mine were over 280 and i didnt get it :confused: Maybe over 290? I did get 2 in a row over 290 then i got under 290.

I was on single player and my lowest score was 291 but most of my scores were 297/298

Sorry guys the 280 was for the average score needed to get 5000, corrected it now :)

When I unlocked Lightening Fingers my scores were 296 or over, so there's the faintess of line showing.

If you got 297/298 three times in a row then you should have unlocked it, as the points start backwards from 300