Problem with my save game & online

XRNOFEAR17

Evertime when I got online with Burnout Paradise it's ruining my savegame for some reason on my new id. I just play some offline races when my PS3 is offline and everything is fine after I check it.

When I go with the same savegame online and I save everything and close the game, after this it doesn't work anymore. The game doesn't see my savegame anymore and I need to restart from the beginning (with getting the learning license).

How can I fix this problem?

Edit 24-03-2011:

I fixed my problem with Burnout Paradise

I used always a KZ3 premium avatar that I got with PSN+. Today it came in my mind to try this just with a standard avatar (Crash Bandicoot), and everthing worked fine. No freeze or corrupted savegame after this. I tested it multiple times and it still worked. Then I try again with my Premium Avatar and everthing is again fucked up.

I was first laughing (WTF) but it really works!

So this is 'damn' simple my solution for this. It looks like the Burnout Paradise 'Criterion Games' servers having problems with the new Premium Avatars from PSN ID's. I just think the servers are outdated with there software to support PSN options. So turning the avatar to a basic one will get you able to play online without any problems.

Let me know if this works for the others to :cool:

Greetz XR-NOFEAR17

Edited by XRNOFEAR17
Fixed the problem with online & (PSN) savegame conflict

You say new ID? It's possible you've got the online data tied to your old ID and it's getting screwed up somewhere.

Delete the game data and see if that clears it, if not delete both game and save data to completely flush it out.

This I've already do:

- Delete and reinstall/download the gamedata,updates + DLC

- Deleting Savegames

- Deleting my account and create new one on my PS3 system

- Deleting everthing again and try it again

Nothing of this worked and I can't find anything on the web about this problem to solve it. All the topic are unsolved on the official Burnout Tech Forum.

Problems is that the server connection fucked up my savegame. I'll do now all SP trophies (keeping my PS3 offline while I play Burnout) en send a mail to the support from EA, hopefully they know a fix for this.

I'm suffering with save game problems as well. So close to getting the plat and now it keeps starting a new game. I even try to load my existing game with over 20 hrs of game time and it still doesn't load it

Try also support.ea.com en keep this topic updated of you get a solution. They say to me on there forum that I needed to open a ticket. Will do this tonight and hoping it will fixed.

Edited by XRNOFEAR17

Having only got this game recently, I was 8 freeburn challenges away from completing when the game corrputed my save data. 2 things I learnt when doing it all again.

1. Back the save game data up regularly.

2. Just about everyone I have met online has suffered the problem at some point, so it's very likely to happen (see 1)

Having only got this game recently, I was 8 freeburn challenges away from completing when the game corrputed my save data. 2 things I learnt when doing it all again.

1. Back the save game data up regularly.

2. Just about everyone I have met online has suffered the problem at some point, so it's very likely to happen (see 1)

It's happen to me all the time. I hope they can help me on there forum, all will take this weeks. I want to know this problem and why it happens. But everytime all my online records are also resetted with all freeburn challenges and more. This make the online trophies impossible without boosting.

So long as it is not fixed, I don't play this game.

Edit:

And when I close the game when I'm online with my PS3 and connected to the Burnout servers, my PS3 freeze after close the game. When I play offline (ps3 netwerk not connected) and i close, it doesn't freeze. Now two other poeple also commented on the official Burnout Tech Support with this problem.

Hope this will give some pressure to fix it :p

Edited by XRNOFEAR17

Wierd, I play this game just about 10 hours every week both online and offline and I haven't come across this problem. Although, this thread is gonna convince me to backup my save game more often. Wouldn't wanna lose my elite license.

I was thinking of possibly getting this but this problem has put me right off!

You should get Burnout. It's a brilliant game with a fairly easy plat. You just may need to backup often.

You should get Burnout. It's a brilliant game with a fairly easy plat. You just may need to backup often.

I keep this problem every time! Even Back-ups are useless then. Now I've contact with EA Support. hoping they can fix this because it is something with the server & my PSN ID that ended in a conflict that ruines my savedata.

Edited by XRNOFEAR17

It's not a bug with the game, it's a PSN bug. I worked out what was causing it because I was accidentally deleting my friends data and every time I quit the game, the game reset my PS3 (but because I was causing it, I never lost my data).

It's caused by certain people in the game, I can't say what is the cause because it could lead to people going around and doing it on purpose.

I fixed my problem with Burnout :dance:

I used always a KZ3 premium avatar that I got with PSN+. Today it came in my mind to try this just with a standard avatar (Crash Bandicoot), and everthing worked fine. No freeze or corrupted savegame after this. I tested it multiple times and it still worked. Then I try again with my Premium Avatar and everthing is again fucked up.

So this is 'damn' simple my solution for this. It looks like the Burnout Paradise 'Criterion Games' servers having problems with the new Premium Avatars from PSN ID's. I just think the servers are outdated with there software to support PSN options. So turning the avatar to a basic one will get you able to play online without any problems.

Greetz XR-NOFEAR17

Edited by XRNOFEAR17

Evertime when I got online with Burnout Paradise it's ruining my savegame for some reason on my new id. I just play some offline races when my PS3 is offline and everything is fine after I check it.

When I go with the same savegame online and I save everything and close the game, after this it doesn't work anymore. The game doesn't see my savegame anymore and I need to restart from the beginning (with getting the learning license).

How can I fix this problem?

Edit:

I fixed my problem with Burnout Paradise

Greetz XR-NOFEAR17

THANK YOU SO MUCH for lettting me know! I was really irritated that it fucked up in the first place but you figured it out! Works fine for me now! I did notice that the avatar wasn't being displayed when entering the select menu in game, but this explains it now :) Cheers!

Edited by Jonex

THANK YOU SO MUCH for lettting me know! I was really irritated that it fucked up in the first place but you figured it out! Works fine for me now! I did notice that the avatar wasn't being displayed when entering the select menu in game, but this explains it now :) Cheers!

Great to hear :D Kind of annoying to change the avatar evertime but it works.

Congratulations on telling everyone. It won't help now that people will be able to recreate it and purposely fuck up other peoples data.

Wth are you talking about? This is just a solution to poeple that have problems with Burnout Paradise online & there savegame. Maybe this will be there solution, it also solves the freeze after you close the game. Nothing more then change your own avatar to a basic one.

Edited by XRNOFEAR17

If you think not using the avatar fixes everything, then great. Just don't use it. It won't help though, because other people can still make you lose your data even if you use a default avatar.

You have a information source for that because I never have heard of it? I've played Burnout Paradise now for more then 100 hours online (on other ID) and never have lost my data. So I really don't know what you talking about.

I've never said this avatar solution will fix all problems in Burnout Paradise. It fixed mine and some other poeple's problem with Burnout Paradise after using a PSN+ avatar. I don't get your problem with this topic?

Edited by XRNOFEAR17

After not playing BP for more than six months, I decided to play the game today. I want to point out that I recently purchased the "Cloud" save data file that came with a subscription of Playstation+ :psn+:. That was the reason why I paid $49.99 for 15 months of PS+ was to get "Cloud". I bring this up because I strongly believe this is why so many are now losing their save game files attached to Burnout Paradise.

I was playing an online Freeburn challenge game when all of a sudden, the game froze on me (server problem) and I had to turn off the PS3. I then turned on the PS3 and went to play BP again only to find out that my data was completely erased. Fortunately, I got the platinum in late September of last year.

I want to mentioned that two days after purchasing PS Plus with Cloud save data file, I encounter the same problem while playing Red Dead Redemption. I did not lose all my save file, but I did loose some portions of the game save which I already got back by playing what I had lost.

The only thing that would cause the save data to be removed in BP has to be that the game is old and that the software is not up to date or is not somehow compatible with the "Cloud" game save file that comes with a subscription of Playstation Plus. I now see that there are others who encountered the same problem I had. Thought I mentioned my own experience on this disappointing matter. All that work I put in BP is now gone. :(