Rate the trophy difficulty.  

1,139 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.59

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 from me but only because it's such a grind. Especially if you beat the game pre-trophies.

I think the trophies for this game were a bit crappy. There are a very few challenging trophies.

I know there was all the retroactive/non-retroactive issue at the time, and I know the ease was kind of related to this but looking back, I don't why I persevered with it. It just got so repetitive. I guess that little Platinum icon got the better of me.

To me, there was very little sense of achievement on this platinum. I'd have liked more of a challenge/variety.

Superb game though. Although it seems to be becoming a little bloated now ...maybe that's just me.

Easy trophies, the license ones are a little time consuming, but I gave it a 4 due to that stupid one that requires you to have a camera attached to the PS3 to send a mugshot. No trophy should require an acessory to unlock.

Your right this is weird. Buy a acessory to get 2 trophies :( but this is good marketing since I buy the web cam for the PS3 only to get those trophies

Gave it a 2, because it is pretty damn simple. Some reasons for giving their scores though kinda make me worry about the validity of these polls. Someone said they gave it a higher score because it requires a camera. This may frustrate you that you cant get the platinum, but it doesnt make the game harder. And to give it a 4 because it is boring and long, even though you say it is easy really doesnt make much sense either.

Personally, I think they should have made you get your burnout elite license and 100% the game to get the platinum. This would have actually added a little bit of difficulty to it rather than just time consuming. However I really didnt feel like it was a grind at all. If you think doing multiple races is a grind then maybe you shouldnt play a racing game :). I dont think they made you do an ungodly amount of races (too few in my opinion). Also you got to chose what type of event you wanted to do so this kept the game fresh.

Gave it a 2, because it is pretty damn simple. Some reasons for giving their scores though kinda make me worry about the validity of these polls. Someone said they gave it a higher score because it requires a camera. This may frustrate you that you cant get the platinum, but it doesnt make the game harder. And to give it a 4 because it is boring and long, even though you say it is easy really doesnt make much sense either.

Personally, I think they should have made you get your burnout elite license and 100% the game to get the platinum. This would have actually added a little bit of difficulty to it rather than just time consuming. However I really didnt feel like it was a grind at all. If you think doing multiple races is a grind then maybe you shouldnt play a racing game :). I dont think they made you do an ungodly amount of races (too few in my opinion). Also you got to chose what type of event you wanted to do so this kept the game fresh.

The polls are about the difficulty of the trophies, not the game. There may be an easy game with hard trophies, and vice versa. Not having a camera doesn't make the game harder but turns the Platinum achievement completely impossible. So, logically, it heightens the difficulty of the trophies and I think it's a wrong decision of the Criterion guys, but that's another matter.

If the game is boring and long (and in the Burnout case I couldn't disagree more; I think it's one hell of a fun game), even if it's the easiest game on Earth with easy trophies too, the overall difficulty of the trophies also will be higher because the player won't desire to play the game.

I gave it a 2/10 because I felt a 1 was just selling this game short. There are some challenges, just not many really. So far I am just breezing through it. Started yesterday and already have about 50% of the trophies, which I think 66% is where I'll get platinum before I do my bike stuff and then start using DLC...

Wish I had started this sooner though, this game is a blast!

EDIT: Just finished this game 100%, whole thing took 3 days and 30 hours of fun and messing around with my friends. I can't wait for Big Surf Island DLC to be out soon. Hope it has some more fun trophies or some new cool cars. I've come to love the DeLorean and the Toy Bike.

Edited by rkylehiemenz

This game is a 2. It is one of the easiest platinums out there to obtain. There is not a single trophy here that is difficult to get. Getting an A liscense might be time consuming as it takes alot of wins to get but you will get most if not all of the other offline trophies while doing it, plus its fun! The online stuff might give you a bit of trouble, only bc you have to rely on other people to get them, but its not that bad

I gave it a 4, 'cause there are always some idiots that can't achieve the challenge destination.

Sadly I don't have a credit card and so I can't buy anything in PS store (may get myself one end this year?).

But I think tomorrow I'll finish all the trophies (exclusive the ones from add-ons).

Still need the 10 time challenges and I have to meet with seven other players at Wildcats' Baseball Stadium. :)

Gruß,

André

(I hope it's not bad when I write my "standard" German greeting ;))

I gave it a 7, but it should have been a 5. Mainly because of all the glitches in the trophy system. It's a pain in the ass to backup your save data and restore it all the time.

I gave Buzz a 5 and IMO Burnout Paradise is definitely a grind too, but a more enjoyable one.

olsen77 feel free to modify my vote from 7 to 5.

olsen77 feel free to modify my vote from 7 to 5.

I can't change the votes. Maybe Sanction or Webb can, but it's not that big of a deal. One vote doesn't throw the average off.

Oh, and 3/10. Great game, but incredibly easy trophies (as long as you have a camera). There isn't one trophy that's really difficult, it's just time consuming.