Directions to get to the Save Game Analyzer

Transient

As most of you probably know, the Save Game Analyzer site has been down for quite some time. It turns out the site is still there, but the DNS entry is gone. You can manually reach the site by adding it to your "hosts" file if you're on Windows using the directions below.

• Right click on the Desktop, choose New... Shortcut
  • Paste the following in the location box:
    notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.
  • Press Next
  • Paste the following in the name box:
    Edit hosts file
  • Press Finish
  • Vista and 7: Right-click the "Edit Hosts File" shortcut on your desktop and choose Run as administrator
  • XP: Just double-click to run it
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the window that appears and paste the following:
    213.171.218.114 http://www.burnoutteamrocks.com
  • Go to File... Save
  • Close the window and now try going to the website. It should now appear!

Seems to be working for now. Hopefully they don't take it completely down. :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As the invetor, and author, of the save game analyser I'm truly amazed that people were talking about it after we pulled the site.

I looked at the amount of traffic it was getting and decided it had outlived it's life.

Maybe we were to hasty and it should be brought back ?

As the invetor, and author, of the save game analyser I'm truly amazed that people were talking about it after we pulled the site.

I looked at the amount of traffic it was getting and decided it had outlived it's life.

Maybe we were to hasty and it should be brought back ?

YES! Just bought a PS3 and Burnout Paradise - had it on the xbox but the kids killed the disc.

Really frustrated about starting from scratch again and am struggling to find which of the 1 or 2 gates I've missed.

Given there are links to the above site all over t'interweb, pulling it is missing out on free advertising for your next endeavour!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
As most of you probably know, the Save Game Analyzer site has been down for quite some time. It turns out the site is still there, but the DNS entry is gone. You can manually reach the site by adding it to your "hosts" file if you're on Windows using the directions below.

• Right click on the Desktop, choose New... Shortcut
  • Paste the following in the location box:
    notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.
  • Press Next
  • Paste the following in the name box:
    Edit hosts file
  • Press Finish
  • Vista and 7: Right-click the "Edit Hosts File" shortcut on your desktop and choose Run as administrator
  • XP: Just double-click to run it
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the window that appears and paste the following:
    213.171.218.114 http://www.burnoutteamrocks.com
  • Go to File... Save
  • Close the window and now try going to the website. It should now appear!

Seems to be working for now. Hopefully they don't take it completely down. :D

And what about if you have a Mac? No love for me is there?

It didn't work for me also. It said "the system cannot find the path specified"

If you get this error, it's because the host file on your computer is marked as Read Only. Navigate to the hosts file in the following directory:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Right click the file hosts and click Properties. Untick the Read Only box at the bottom and click Ok. Now try the shortcut.

When I did this I had to click a link for the Save Game Analyzer twice to get it to load in Firefox, but it worked when I did.

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
It still works, many thanks to you for this thread :3

Indeed. Thanks. Saw this posted in a different thread from few days ago, but I guess he didn't c/p the steps all to well. :applause:

EDIT: Nevermind, this doesn't show you any (missed) events. Only billboards/smashes etc which are easy to find on your own.

Tip for everyone that needs to find their last events, use this map: http://www.senocular.com/burnout/

Edited by Vuule

Indeed. Thanks. Saw this posted in a different thread from few days ago, but I guess he didn't c/p the steps all to well. :applause:

EDIT: Nevermind, this doesn't show you any (missed) events. Only billboards/smashes etc which are easy to find on your own.

Tip for everyone that needs to find their last events, use this map: Burnout Paradise™ Paradise City Interactive Locations Map - FAQ, Hints, Cheats, Smashes, Billboards, Jumps, Shortcuts and More!

Its true. I did the steps and i got on the webpage, then i uploaded my savegame. He doesnt show any missed events.