Glitches in Burnout Paradise

AUGUSTUS007

O.K. Here are the glitches I found:

1.10 Timed Road Rules trophy not unlocking. How to fix. Back up, HD save onto you usb or memory stick. Delete the save from HD. Start a new game and play till you unlock road rules ( complete at least 4 events).Then turn on road rules and take the smallest roads( use the new stunt car awarde to you) .Just win the 10 Timed Road rule and the trophy will unlock!. Now you could delete the new game save and put the original save back onto your HD, Done it in less than 40 minutes!

2. When you play online with some friends and are going for the Billboards sometimes they do not register as a hit, therefor are not credited to your completed list of discoveries.

What to do: You may have to crash through the same billboard again and again till it registers and/or open up your menu( the one which shows Billboard, Crashes,and something else)to see if it says the next #/100,Example, look under billboards downtown 94/96( just an example).

I hope this helps some of you out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey iv a glitch thing for you to look at

i had 2 trophies to go before platnium and they were find all events and 10 timed challenges i found the last event got the trophy for it but the weird thing is i got the platnium aswell and i havnt got 10 timed challenges ????? weird u can check my trophies if u think in tellin lies

PSN :Retepeilsme

• 1 month later...

Two issues;

I'm having the same issue with the Timed Road Rule trophy.

Question: Once I get the trophy, if I delete the new game save and put the original save back onto my HD how do I get the platinum trophy to unlock? My original save won't have the Timed Road Rule trophy, so it won't unlock the Platinum trophy.

EDIT: Nevermind, this trick worked flawlessly.

I am also having problem with the "Drive 10 Mile in a 8 player online game". I've unlocked the in-game achievement "Far Distance ~ Ride 250 miles on a bike online" I'm guessing this should have triggered the PS3 trophy, but it didn't. I know I definitely rode at least 25 miles on my bike with 8 other players.

EDIT: I'm still having issues with this one.

Question: How do I fix this one?

Edited by FiftyQuid

Hey iv a glitch thing for you to look at

i had 2 trophies to go before platnium and they were find all events and 10 timed challenges i found the last event got the trophy for it but the weird thing is i got the platnium aswell and i havnt got 10 timed challenges ????? weird u can check my trophies if u think in tellin lies

PSN :Retepeilsme

Platinum only unlocks after you've unlocked all the trophies that go with the original game, not the updates. The timed challenges were part of an update, so you don't need to do it to unlock the platinum, just like the bike trophies.

Two issues;

I'm having the same issue with the Timed Road Rule trophy.

Question: Once I get the trophy, if I delete the new game save and put the original save back onto my HD how do I get the platinum trophy to unlock? My original save won't have the Timed Road Rule trophy, so it won't unlock the Platinum trophy.

EDIT: Nevermind, this trick worked flawlessly.

I am also having problem with the "Drive 10 Mile in a 8 player online game". I've unlocked the in-game achievement "Far Distance ~ Ride 250 miles on a bike online" I'm guessing this should have triggered the PS3 trophy, but it didn't. I know I definitely rode at least 25 miles on my bike with 8 other players.

EDIT: I'm still having issues with this one.

Question: How do I fix this one?

The 250 miles is cumulative. It adds up as you play online. The 8 miles has to be done all at once. No one can leave the room. If someone leaves, you have to start the 8 miles over.

Edited by olsen77

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't get the 3 takedown thropy. I've chained together 15+ the other day and yet I didn't receive this. How come?

I have the Smash 200 yellow gate thropy, but not the one where you have to only drive through 10.

I also have C and B licenses but not D. I don't get it.

All this has made me stop playing this game. :[

Blackbird, the reason for your 'glitches' is that you played this game before the patch came along.

So, you had your D license, your 10 smashes, and 3 take downs in a row before the trophy patch was enabled. As far as the game is concerned, you've already done it. But as far as the trophies go, you haven't!

The way around this is to copy your current save file onto another media (USB drive, memory stick, etc.) and start a new game. Once you get those trophies, delete this new, useless save, and copy back your old save and you'll have the missed trophies, as well as your current progress in the game.

Hope that helps.

I'm trying to get the find all events trophy. I'm missing one road rage and I know where it is but whenever I go there it doesn't register and I can't even enter the event. I hope this isn't a permanent glitch :(

Let me guess. Is it this one? http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p107/caseystryker_2/Untitled-1-1.jpg

I don't know why, but it was the last event that unlocked for me and I went through and had stopped at that intersection countless times. I eventually had to roll up to it and sit for several seconds for it to count.

• 4 months later...
I'm trying to get the find all events trophy. I'm missing one road rage and I know where it is but whenever I go there it doesn't register and I can't even enter the event. I hope this isn't a permanent glitch :(

Are you talking about the one under the road rage near a gas station right under the I-88? This was my same problem, the road rage is located ON the I-88 not under it!!

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss242/andr00123/RoadRage.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Quickie question: I've got all the non DLC trophies bar two:

Complete 10 Timed Challenges

& send a mugshot or snapshot

Will I get the platinum if I find an eyetoy and get the mugshot trophy, or will the 10 timed challenges one need to be earned as well?

(I wonder because I'm confused over if it's an online trophy because it was added in an update, and I heard stories of it being glitched and having to save your file onto a flash drive, delete it and start again, and I''m awful with things like this and don't want to buggar my save file, so some advice would be very very helpful!)

• 1 year later...

I played the game months ago but I didn't have a usb camera so I stopped. I have a camera now and wanted to do the last cople of trophies and started with finding the last two events. I had 118/120. I found them rather quickly and it read on the screen "all events found" and in the stats it says 120/120 but no trophy popped. The save game analyzer doesn't help since it does not list the races, just juckyard billboards and so on.

Anyone else had this happen? Any advise?

Edit: I think I know what went wrong. I played the original game without any updates and forgot that it didn't come with trophies. Installing updates now. But I guess I screwed myself outta this one since I don't have a save file backed up from before I found all events. Prolly gotta delete the save and start from scratch now. :/

Edited by wettfink

• 1 year later...

<Raising dead thread>

I just bought the game and installed the (I think) 1.9 patch as I installed the game. So, I've only played post trophy patch. I have a few that failed to unlock, but the greater ones did. Land 1st super jump and 10 smash gates failed - but 10 super jumps and 50 smash gates did. Doesn't make sense... I'll try the start over work-around.

For the Super Jump did you get the mini-cutscene when you did it? If you didn't then you didn't do it right. I've got no idea why the Smash Gate trophy didn't pop, I've got the 100% with no glitches :confused:. It's possible your install is corrupted so I'd try reinstalling it if starting a new game doesn't work.

PS: 1.9 IS the latest update.

Just had unusual glitch happen to me online... I pressed the :ps: button to check trophies and then it got stuck on my XMB, in the upper corner underneath the XMB I could see the save logo turning... It didn't stop... thought my PS3 was completely frozen but after holding down :ps: button it allowed me to Quit/Turn Off System etc...

I chose quit the game and the PS3 restarted, corrupting my game save... Found out that this has happened to a few friends of mine as well. I haven't seen anything about this in a thread, but make sure that you copy your game saves just in case this happens to you!! better safe than having to play 15+ hours over to get your license back!

Edited by CabalSieben