Burnout Trophies Not Retroactive

JustContribute

Burnout trophies are not going to be retroactive, according to Criterion Games. Here is a quote from the Criterion Games website.

Burnout Paradise saves are locked to your profile. We had hoped to use this to retroactively award trophies, but we discovered during testing that this is not possible. You will therefore require a fresh game-save to receive trophies in Burnout Paradise. If you're familiar with PS3 trophies already, you'll recognise that this works in the same way as all other games that have added trophy support post-release.

Source: Criterion Games

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow i feel sorry not for the ppl that got 100% plus(like me) months ago but the ones that been playin lately so when the patch came out they got everything.. What a shame criterion couldn't tell us this a month ago? That's some bs where are all the criterion d**k riders now? Talkin about they treat the fans good lol.. They've known the game wasnt gonna be retroactive prolly for a few months now no wonder it took so long for the patch to come out they hadda make the trophies easier and everything lol.. But oo well get outta work in 2 hrs then trophy hunting :)

The best part is that Criterion knew this, but decided not to tell us. They didn't just find this out last night - this was known a while back, yet they kept up the illusion of "these things will be retro-active".

Perhaps things like these will put reality in perspective and show us that if all we do is roll over and lay with our stomachs exposed towards a business, that you run the risk of getting tea-bagged at all times.

Neverland just closed its doors for the weekend, and we'll be forced to live without fairy tales until the next empty promise comes flying through our bedroom window.

Edited by Aidan

The best part is that Criterion knew this, but decided not to tell us. They didn't just find this out last night - this was known a while back, yet they kept up the illusion of "these things will be retro-active".

Perhaps things like these will put reality in perspective and show us that if all we do is roll over and lay with our stomachs exposed towards a business, that you run the risk of getting tea-bagged at all times.

Neverland just closed its doors for the weekend, and we'll be forced to live without fairy tales until the next promise arises.

You think they would have said something on their shitty video podcast or something? If when they were testing they announced this I would have held off.

I was wondering how they'd manage giving more than one trophy at the same time. I guess it doesn't really work.

Anyway, people with 100-101% don't really lose anything. Best thing to do is backup your save and start a new game. Once you get all the trophies, restore the old save.

I'm disappointed that I have to replay this game for the third time, but it's no big deal.

This is so stupid.

I can't believe that Criterion did this. They had to have known that the trophies wouldn't be retroactive prior to today. When will these companies learn that if you have bad news to tell people, tell them as soon as possible, instead of waiting and making it much worse in the end. If I had known that the trophies weren't going to be retroactive even a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't have wasted so much time.

Criterion sucks.

This is a shame, I was planning on playing a ton of Wipeout this weekend... looks like I'm gonna have to split my time replaying Burnout. This probably isn't half as bad as it seems for all the replayers though as we will get through the game much faster the second (or third!) time through what with being used to the car mechanics and also knowing the map like the back of our hands. Plus you don't even have to aim for the elite licence, that's the play time almost halved right there.

Well me and my friend made the smart decisions .. wait till the trophy patch comes out get it and then work on it .... cause if not we would have been playing it since August sometime. feel bad for those with 100% and or just worked on it alot recently ...all i have too say is this, if you love the game or find it alot of fun then playing it again would be ok .. but then again ... i bet some of it is quite hard.

yea and i also agree tho i was not effected by it. Criterion should have said we here got bad news .. if you guys are playing for the trophy's now it's best to stop and wait for the patch to come out cause they will not be retroactive.

see that's all you have too say ... then that way you give people the heads up on it and it would have saved people time