Burnout Bikes Patch out next week - Followed by Trophies!!

SpiderMike

Burnout Paradise "The Bikes pack" will be available next Thursday on the PSN. The highlights of next week's update are as follows:-

* 2 motorcycles with male and female characters with new progression to earn your Bike License.

* 38 new against-the-clock race events – Burning Ride and Midnight Ride.

* in-game 24 hr day/night cycle that affects traffic density and available events.

* Dynamic weather effects

* 70 extra Freeburn Challenges

And next week, there is apparently going to be an announcement about the Trophy patch, so keep your eyes peeled.

Burnout Paradise "The Bikes pack" will be available next Thursday on the PSN. The highlights of next week's update are as follows:-

* 2 motorcycles with male and female characters with new progression to earn your Bike License.

* 38 new against-the-clock race events – Burning Ride and Midnight Ride.

* in-game 24 hr day/night cycle that affects traffic density and available events.

* Dynamic weather effects

* 70 extra Freeburn Challenges

And next week, there is apparently going to be an announcement about the Trophy patch, so keep your eyes peeled.

What??? I thought that trophies are coming with the pikes pack... damn when are they going to release it????

Well they said it'll be in a future expansion pack but not Cagney and clearly not this one. Those that listen to IGN speculated that Trophies HAD to be in THIS update purely because it wasnt in Cagney but unless Criterion release a statement directly I wouldnt pay any attention.

They cant be too far behind. I reckon they'll either be in the Eastwood expansion or inbetween Bikes and Eastwood.

I remember Criterion saying a few weeks ago that since they were finishing up the Bikes pack, they were starting to move people over to work on the trophies pack. It shouldn't be too long after the Bikes pack. I'm thinking it'll be released by the end of October, but hopefully sooner.

They dedicated a few members of staff to get cracking with the trophy patch. They say they will all move onto it after the bikes pack is released.

Trophies are not likely (but is possible) to come out with the bikes. It will be in a seperate patch. Maybe 1-2 weeks after bikes.

Man that's really long! I hope that BF:BC gets patched before this one then...

Im not 100% sure but the bikes patch may have been started before Trophies were kicked off, so PERHAPS they decided not to individually patch the bikes with Trophies and maybe just include those trophies with the next update.

Its mention in other threads but it does take time, money and effort to wrangle the Trophy code around an already established piece of software so maybe it made more sense to get the Bikes out there, let ppl enjoy them for a bit and by the time they get done the Trophy patch will be available.

Makes sense in the end but I understand the frustration.

Man why every dev gotta be lazy???

I sincerely hope you don't mean Criterion, because they are a landmark! Free updates that could cost 5-10$, constant feedback (see their blog, us.blog.ps3 etc) and of course the ONLY team that did go all the way to include the means to be able to have retroactive trophies back then!!!

Man why every dev gotta be lazy???

Are you joking lol? Criterion are leading the way with their free MASSIVE updates and always keeping us up to date with what is happenning. I for one dont mind that its not in the bike patch as they will provide enough new things in that to pass the time. So it wont be long till trophies come out. I reckon end of the month beginning of October.

The trophies could be done, but the fact is that SCEE has to go through the game 100% from the start to make sure there aren't any bugs on ANY of the trophies or that the trophies cause any extra bugs, and we all know how long it took us to get to 101% completetion....

Travis from the PAIN blog explained the certification process, and it took 1 1/2 weeks for PAIN to get through it, and that's a small PSN game. Can't even imagine how long it'd take on a full retail game + so many expansions.

I wont punch holes, just yet, but Im interested to know what SCEE has to do with it.

Quality Control. Everything that's put out on the PSN has to be proven bug free by Sony themselves, not just the dev who can fudge some facts. It's what happened with the MS Cagney patch. Microsoft caught a bug in their version and sent it back to be fixed. The second time around it passed inspection and was released.