My little 'timed challenges' rant!!!

wazza1974

Sorry guys, I've just got to have a little rant here!!!

I recently re-brought this game to finally (P) it. Firstly, I got the Ultimate Box version and was gutted to discover that I still had to purchase the DLC, should have done my research. But anyway, I played the game again and loved it, really enjoyed it... then I went online.

I just needed to do the 'Timed Challenges' for a couple of trophies, then purchase the DLC, but, could I find genuine players to do these... NO!

I'd find a few great people, but the idiots would seriously outweigh the genuine players. I have spent the last couple of days, approx 6-7 hours in total just online doing Timed Challenges, and people are just either constantly taking everyone else out or just not taking part in anyway with the challenge. It was a constant chore either waiting, being taken down or having to 'boot' players. In the whole time, I've probaly managed to do 4 challenges. I just do not understand why people join a game then just spend the whole time doing the complete opposite of what is needed and annoying people!

Anyway, disc is now in my 'done' pile, sadly I'm not going to bother anymore with this 'fantastic' game, not going to bother with the DLC's.

Sorry for my rant :rant:, but I just wanted to let anyones considering getting or re-doing this game, but the bargain bin price, is attracting a lot of bargain bin racers.

If you're having any trophy problems then post in the boosting thread, trying to get the 100% with randoms is a waste of time for the reasons you've stated.

I know mate ;), I'm not looking to boost, I would of course use the thread. My little rant was more that I cannot understand why people pay perfectly good money to buy a game and do not play the game or participate with other gamers the way it is meant to be played.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my plat and 100% which I did over 3 days with randoms...I even did the 8 players meet at wildcats online which took a lot of kicking players. It can be annoying sometimes but I didn't really have any problems...maybe I just got lucky but timed challenges went really well. I even did 4 of them with 7 other randoms :confused:

• 2 months later...
I know mate ;), I'm not looking to boost, I would of course use the thread. My little rant was more that I cannot understand why people pay perfectly good money to buy a game and do not play the game or participate with other gamers the way it is meant to be played.

Meh a game like this it's more co-op then boosting anyways.

If you come across people who are actually playing the game the same as you are (for any MP obviously, not just Burnout), try friend them or message them immediately. I know the frustration of randoms in Burnout, particularly trying to get 8 people into the wildcats stadium :mad: The funny thing is, is that after I got that trophy, I must have been in the wildcats stadium with 8 players 50 or 60 times :rolleyes:

edit: didn't realise that this was months old :o

Edited by idloveacupoft

• 3 weeks later...