burnout paradise weird online problem

ekouser

hi, so i have tried playing online this game several times and i always get a message saying ''connection error - check network settings''. the thing is that i have played dozens of games before online with no problem at all and the worst part is that when i created a new account and started the game i had no online problem at all, i even got some trophies!!!!

i have contacted EA and their only fix is to restart router and contact my network provider. how can this be right since i can play the game online with new account?

please, guys any ideas?

edit: if anyone helps me solve this problem, i will send him a psn network card as a gift

Edited by ekouser

have u had a new router cuz some times it changes your NAT type witch can muck up your connection to some games cuz that is wot happend 2 me i had a NAT type 1 were i had no problems then my router broke got a new one and now my NAT type is 2 still trying 2 get it back 2 NAT type 1 but no Success sorry this is not a solution but it mite b the problem u have so i hope it helps

no, i have the same router from start and the same settings. furthermore what i did was to start the game on my main account, tried to sign in, got connection error. immediately changed account to a new - blank one i have, started the game again, played a bit online, got an online trophy also and again straight away changed to my main account and still nothing.

i have done the above a couple of times now with the same results. since EA is supposed to be working on my problem i keep testing the game often but same problem all the time.

its very weird because i asked EA if my main account i banned for some reason and they say no

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Have you tried getting your friends list down to below 20 people? It's a long shot but it's worked for similar problems with games of the same age as this one.

yes i did, cause it was one of my first games and at the time i had only 5 or 6 friends. i have a new account now and i can play online with no problem so im fine but im very curius to solve this problem anyway

• 2 months later...
yes i did, cause it was one of my first games and at the time i had only 5 or 6 friends. i have a new account now and i can play online with no problem so im fine but im very curius to solve this problem anyway

Had the exact issue with one of my old accounts years back, i actually contacted both Sony & EA myself to discover what the issue was and they couldn't figure it out and because of that, it forced me to make a new account.

• 1 year later...

old topic but I am still having that isssssue!! >< ill never get the damn plat for this. so annoying. again like the OP Burnoust Paradise City server doesnt like certain PSN ID, because I created 4-5 IDs and they all work connecting to BPC server. I have also contacted and wasted time with them because everything is linked properly. Like F it is.

Below 20? How does that work in this situation? Just curious in case I ever run into this too.

It's all to do with the fact the max number of friends you are allowed to have on the PS3 has increased several times over the years but some games can't handle such large Friends Lists so you end up with connection problems or issues with inviting people. Since the PS4 came out, this problem has become more prevalent but most games are still able to handle the situation.

The main games that I know off that have this problem are:

AvP

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Battlefield: Bad Company 1

GTA 4 (this problem was partially fixed a while back)

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3

The Orange Box

I'm not 100% sure but I think Operation Flashpoint 2: Red River has this issue as well :think:.

Once you have deleted enough friends and reduced your list to anywhere from 75-20 people, then your connection problems will go away but this is only a temp fix because the problem will come back once you go over that amount again. Whilst some games do get patched to solve or partially solve this issue, many don't :(.

old topic but I am still having that isssssue!! >< ill never get the damn plat for this. so annoying. again like the OP Burnoust Paradise City server doesn't like certain PSN ID, because I created 4-5 IDs and they all work connecting to BP server. I have also contacted and wasted time with them because everything is linked properly. Like F it is.

In your case this sounds like an issue a friend of mine has with Far Cry 2 where he has trouble connecting to people because his PSN ID has too many characters in it. I'll try and dig out the relevant thread and get back to you :). EDIT: Here you :): http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/far-cry-2-a/244974-failed-create-match.html

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

• 1 year later...