8 players meet in the wildcat stadium offline method

Superbuu3

This has been mentioned but a repeatable method wasn't posted, so for clarity (for those still having problems I've added more at the end):

Settings:

Event Type: Road Rage

Event name: Wrecking Yard

Starting point: Lambert & 1st

License Level: Burnout

Target: 14 Takedowns

Car: Racing Oval Champ Recommended

Music: Pass Me By (because its my favourite Burnout tune)

Basic Method:

With the settings above start a road rage. Achieve your target or go slightly above and then make your way to the stadium and drive around when you are inside it.

If this method works for you please comment in this thread, as people need to see more then a couple of posts to know that this definitely works, especially as i'm new here so my information may not be considered trustworthy.

Detailed walkthrough:

I personally think the location has no bearing on this method, but in case it somehow does, I've posted it. I do highly recommend the Oval champ, it is fast but not too fast and has decent handling and is good for road rage events. The main problem for average or below skill players is achieving the high takedown number and then reaching the stadium in one piece. It will be possible with the Takedown 4x4 or Annhilator, but this might be harder to get to the stadium using these.

I did this on a burnout license, now people claim to have done this on an A license, but i find it unlikely that this actually works unless the takedown targets are high. You can raise takedown targets if you complete these a lot in the lower licenses, but this will only count for the first completion of a road rage, completing a road rage with a tick on it will not increase the target count, and is what you need to do. I was unable to get no more then 1 car in the stadium and it always drove right through, when attempting this with an A license.

I think around a target of 14 is a good place to start trying this method. You'll notice in a road rage with a target over 10 that there's around 4 cars driving near you. If you're not getting anything around that consider raising your license or clearing more road rage events.

For those still struggling to get this trophy, I had taken down 17 cars and had over 2 minutes on the clock before i headed to the stadium. I would highly recommend using the Auto repair at Harber & Root before heading to the stadium. The reason for this is when the cars come into the stadium they seem very angry at this point. I was taken out twice in the stadium, before i got the trophy (i got that at around 1:20 remaining on the clock, so this method can take up to or more then a minute). Also you will have to stay moving or the event will stop, you need to pay attn or your car maybe wrecked before the trophy pops. You'll know the method is working as you'll see a few cars come in at a time rather then one or two if you try this early on in an event or at a low license level. Some of the cars will also stay in the arena as they will try to hit you.

N.B. Music doesn't matter, just choose something that won't annoy you, as you may have to repeat this a few times.

Credit to Sciduck for stating this was possible:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/burnout-paradise/158337-8-people-wildcat-stadium-trophy-help.html

I posted this thread as neither in the roadmap or thread created by sciduck is there any indication how to actually use this method. Mods feel free to add this information to the roadmap.

I hope this helps, if it doesn't post in this thread and if i remember to check back i'll answer any questions I can. Sorry I run my own forum so I don't know if i'd post regularly here.

EDIT: BTW seriously awesome how the url edits to the other topic title like that. Also i fixed the grammar.

Clarifications:

These points have been mentioned in the above, but here it is even more detailed based on questions in the thread:

[spoiler=clarifications]1. Target Takedown is raised by doing more road rage events, technically speaking you could get a more preferable takedown target, if you complete as many road rages as possible in lower license, I think its better to play the game you want though.

2. I've stated above you should be doing this at Burnout License, the higher the target takedown the more cars that will follow you. Therefore if you seem to not have the four cars starting near you, you will have to raise your target takedown to make life easier.

3. Never stop moving, this ends events prematurely. I've stated this above.

4. Taking down cars increases your time limit, this should be something you noticed while going through the game. Hence the higher amounts of time some people have on the clock compared to starting time.

5. This should be a trophy you leave to when you have got your burnout license, you can try to get it at an A license, but be aware that might not work and may lead to frustration.

6. Car choice was Oval racer for me, but one person in this thread said they found it easier with a speed car, so if worst come to worse this might be a possible solution.

7. This was performed on the fully patched version of the game, so that is not the issue if you can't get this trophy.

Edited by Superbuu3
Updating
  • Thanks 1

I cannot confirm this, because I already have this trophy. But if this is true, this would have saved me ALOT of time. I remember always having 7 players in that stadium and one individual somewhere at White Mountain or Silver Lake.

If this method does indeed work, this must be put in the official trophy guide!:)

The only problem with this method is how temperamental it can be. Some people get all the cars coming through on the first attempt, but others like me went through quite a bit of frustration. Still better than attempting it with the jerks online though.

After starting and hitting the target on an incomplete road rage, I would race to the stadium if possible and hope I got lucky. If it failed, at least I made some progress towards the next rank. It worked eventually.

..and yes, I did it on the A license.

Edited by ShadowAFC

The only problem with this method is how temperamental it can be. Some people get all the cars coming through on the first attempt, but others like me went through quite a bit of frustration. Still better than attempting it with the jerks online though.

After starting and hitting the target on an incomplete road rage, I would race to the stadium if possible and hope I got lucky. If it failed, at least I made some progress towards the next rank. It worked eventually.

..and yes, I did it on the A license.

If you wait till the point in the game I was at the target achievement makes a huge difference. I don't know if you can have that high a target achievement in the lower licenses though.

That said when i was trying it on this road rage, I got to the arena 3 times with a huge number of cars following me in. So it appears to be fairly consistent at that point the game. I died the first time as its quite hard to not be hit by the number of cars that will come in at that point, i didn't have enough time the second even though i did get 4 cars in and the third time I made sure i repaired beforehand and drove in a circle and it took about 30 seconds to get the cars in, but if your'e not seeing cars coming in having followed my hints above, then something has gone wrong and i'd guess the best solution would be follow what i did exactly.

I can confirm that this works. The game was sitting on my desk for god knows how long and today I decided to clear a few more trophies. Coincidentally I also had a target of 14 takedowns, when I entered the stadium with about 20 takedowns and 2+ minutes left I got the trophy in like 10 seconds.

Probably never could have gotten it without this method. Definitely wouldn't bother. Cheers.

Edited by levo21

• 2 weeks later...

This just worked for me too. Target 14 takedowns. A level license. Got enough take downs and got it after about 5 seconds in the stadium.

Thanks so much for this. Now just to focus on everything else. Never bothered too much with this because I knew I couldnt be bothered with 8 rl people. Now I'm happy to play it through though :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this guide. I can confirm that this method works. I used the Racing Oval Champ, as suggested by Superbuu3, but a different road rage event. The target of the event was 14 takedowns, but I had 19 takedowns before I went to the stadium. The trophy popped after about three seconds of entering the stadium.

• 1 month later...

Oh wow, did not expect to see an offline version of this trophy! Thanks a lot, it took me about 40 minutes because the game screwed me over multiple times. Apparently once you enter the stadium if you get taken out 1 time, it's game over, even if you're not at critical damage. Kind of odd.

Also for me, the take down count was 20, not 14. But that's probably because I have 100% single player game completion (outside of trophies). Anyway, feels good to get that platinum, it's been over 3 years since I got 100% too. Burnout is just as amazing as it was back in 2007!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks you so much for sharing this, from the bottom of my heart.

Brother, I want to vote you as the Video Game president.

Edited by Johnny Bananas
merge; please use the edit button instead of double posting

• 2 weeks later...