THAT Camera Trophy

Kogia

So, am I right in thinking that with a compatible camera the game will automatically take a mug or smugshot when I take someone out or they take me out online? I don't need to do anything for the trophy other than have the camera plugged in and on?

Only I've now tried 3 different USB cameras that work with my PS3 and nothing seems to happen.

IIRC that's how it worked for me.

I used a EyeToy picked up for $3 specifically for this trophy.

Make sure your profile settings will allow sending and receiving mugshots. (iirc sub-accounts will need the master to lax some privacy settings in order to even receive mugshots.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm going to have to suck it up and go get a camera, before this game's servers go down or something.

That's the only trophy keeping me from a platinum.

It's really not that bad getting a camera. Chances are you'll use it with other games anyways.

Is there talk of the servers going down? I would have thought that B:P has quite an active community, even nowadays :think:

It would be interesting to know how many cameras were bought because of this trophy. It's why we bought ours.

:ninja:

Same here mate. Only reason I bought mine too :D

Edited by idloveacupoft

Is there talk of the servers going down? I would have thought that B:P has quite an active community, even nowadays .

There are always dozens, if not hundreds of people on all the time so the servers won't be going down anytime soon. If anyone gets the requisite number of posts the next time B:P is up for game night, then you will be able to get the trophy then if you have a camera :).

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

If I have a regular camera with a USB port, should it work, or do I have to get a PS version?

It's unlikely that would work as only a tiny number of webcams are compatible with Burnout: Paradise but the majority aren't so get an official PS3 one instead to save yourself a lot of hassle.

It's unlikely that would work as only a tiny number of webcams are compatible with Burnout: Paradise but the majority aren't so get an official PS3 one instead to save yourself a lot of hassle.

It's weird that the game is only compatible with only a few webcams. What do people who play on the Xbox have to do?

Hiya!

so basicly for this trophie we need a original ps3 camera!

i'vd been looking out for this and i come a cros 2 cameras:

1) eye toy which is the camera for the ps2 and really cheap!

2) pseye camera which is the newer version of the eyetoy made for the ps3 and rather expensive imo

Does either camera works?

Can i use an eyetoy (ps2 camera) on a ps3 SLIM?

Greetz

• 2 weeks later...
Eyetoy and any USB camera works fine :)

Any USB camera? --> don't think so!

I tryed 3 USB webcameras so far and 1 on them was a logitec, DIDN't work, ps3 did not recognise the webcamera... unles i was dooing something wrong?

i haven't tryed hooking up my sony videocamera yet, but i'm guessing that deffo won't work.

so i'm looking out for an ps3 eyetoy camera to hookup to my ps3 (as it is confirmed that does work :)

greetz