Just getting started...

backpackerd00d

So, this is my first racing game since Road Rash on the Mega Drive / Genesis (which shows my age..), so I'm how does one get started exactly?

I've got the starter car and am still on the basic license, having spent a few hours driving around, admiring the scenery and the jukebox.

I'm not finding the in-game instruction terribly clear, neither do I see myself as someone that's not capable of adapting to new games.

As such, any pointers are appreciated.

Events are located at every set of traffic lights. Once you drive close to them, they'll appear on your map. Stop at the lights and hold both :r2: and :l2: to start the events.

Different colours represent different events.

Green=Stunt Run (do tricks for points)

Red=Road Rage (crash other drivers)

Yellow=Marked Man (get to point A to B without being taken out by AI cars)

Blue=Races (most are point A to B, a small few are checkpoints).

Brown/White Star=Burning Route. You need to go from point A to B within the time limit. You do that, you'll unlock an upgraded car. Every car has a second version so there are like 35 of these routes and they are a good way to quickly gain cars and licence wins early on.

Races are a good way to learn the map as AI cars don't use short cuts. If you have any premium DLC, such as the GT Nighthawk then these will be easy and it's useful for the next two events.

Road Rage is easy enough if you can keep the AI cars on a long road so learning the best ways onto I88 for easy takedowns helps.

Marked Man is just like races, but these cars you can't leave behind but you'll learn how to effectively use short cuts.

Stunt Runs are my favourite but you need to remember to use a 'stunt boost' car which has the green boost bar. Having a fast car isn't necessary for this, just something you can think is good enough for easy flat spins (driving, hitting square and spinning off a ramp) and barrel rolls.

The fact you've just been driving around will actually help you as it means you've gotten a good start on finding events. You can use the map to highlight the route of certain events. So if you want to do a race, marked man or burning route, you can see start/finish points and can decide if you want to try it.

Edited by SaberBlade