Vyrastas

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 8.66/10

-Offline:

-> Core Game: 15 (1 (G), 1 (S), 13 (B))

-> In Space DLC: 4 (2(B), 2(S))

-Online: 0

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 60-100 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: No story mode, multiple attempts at every level/mode will be needed

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Cheats: None

Like this guide? Then join the forums!

Introduction:

Welcome to Burn Zombie Burn!, one of the hardest PSN games to get 100% in.

It will take a long time to get 100% on this, if that’s your goal. For many of the Free Play levels, the Developer scores are so high that you may have to play the level for an hour straight in order to even come close to them. Considering that there are 28 different medals in the core game and that you need a Developer medal for all of them for 100%, you’re easily looking at 60 hours at a minimum.

The game is about 30% skill, 50% endurance and 20% persistence. Once you learn the tactics for getting high scores, for many levels you just have to be able to do them over and over for a long period of time without dying.

There are two types of modes in this game:

- Arcade (6 different maps, kill zombies for a high score)

- Challenge (10 specific challenges, which are variations on the Arcade modes, some are timed, some are not)

Arcade levels are further broken down into 4 different modes:

- Free Play (keep killing zombies until you run out of lives)

- Timed (same as Free Play but with a time limit)

- Defend Daisy (same as Free Play but you also have to keep Daisy, your girlfriend, alive at the same time)

- Survival (not an original game mode - same as Free Play, but starting at a harder wave of zombies)

GLITCH NOTICE

Currently, there are two major trophy glitches that you need to be aware of. Read before continuing further.

The best way to get around these glitches is to decline the Survival patch and go for all the core trophies offline. If you already have the patch, you'll need to backup your save, delete the game, reinstall it, decline the patch and just play offline.

Yeah, no one gets to see you looking cool and playing BZB for hours, but you'll guarantee that the trophies will pop correctly, which is more than worth it.

However, if you decide to play with the patch, read the following carefully:

1. Tourist and Friend of Bruce are not unlocking

Some people have not had these trophies unlock, even though they've already unlocked d6 Commends You (for all Bronze trophies). Obviously, this doesn't make sense. It appears to be caused by getting a medal on Casual difficulty for any level. That is not confirmed, however other have unlocked these trophies since the patch, and since you have to select Casual manually (it's not the default difficulty), this makes sense. Replaying on Normal doesn't seem to fix it. So if you decide to play with the Survival patch, always play on the Normal difficulty. Normal is the default difficulty so you don't need to change anything other than the map/mode.

2. Survival medals required for some medal-related trophies

It has been confirmed by doublesix that if you download the Survival mode patch, you will need to get medals in the following Survival maps in order to get medal-related trophies (i.e. all bronze, silver, gold, developer):

- Woods

- Graveyard

- Suburbia

- Drive-In

So if you do decide to play with the Survival patch, make sure you complete these levels/modes as well.

END GLITCH NOTICE

Step 1: Complete the Tutorials

The first thing you should do is go through all the Tutorials. They will teach you the basics of the game and how to play it. There are 8 tutorials in total. Once they are all completed, you will receive the Graduation trophy.

Step 2: Get Bronze medals for every level

Get a bronze medal in each game mode (Free Play, Timed, Defend Daisy) for all 6 Arcade levels and all 10 Challenge levels in the core game, for a total of 28 bronze medals. This will take you about 10 hours if you are halfway decent at the game. Doing this will net you the following medal-related trophies:

- Tourist

- Friend of Bruce

- d6 Commends You

While you're working on bronzes, you will most likely unlock all the following kill-type trophies along the way:

- Paint the Town

- Red Shirt

- Hot to Trot

- Murder on the Dance Floor

- Texas Style

- Dynami-Te-He

- Brain Surgery

If you don't have them all unlocked at this point, either intentionally work on them separately now, or just start on the silver medals – you'll eventually get them, they are not hard at all.

Step 3: DLC Trophies

The trophies for In Space can be done at any point, as they are simple and don't take very long. They can be done in conjunction with the trophies listed above in Step 2.

Step 4: Get Silver medals for every level / Get 100,000 Kills

After getting all the bronze medals and DLC trophies, you should have around 30K-40K kills. It will take longer than you think to get the Extinction trophy (100K kills), so just start working on the silver medals.

You need to get a silver medal in every Arcade and Challenge in order to get the d6 Respects You trophy. You might already have a few from when you worked on the bronzes. Don’t be surprised if you need 20-30 minute runs on each Free Play level to reach silver. You’ll really need to take advantage of Time Bonuses and Daisy Health in the Timed and Defend Daisy levels, respectively. Plan on around 10-15 hours for all silvers.

If you’re halfway decent at the game, you’ll have around 90K kills by the time you finish the silvers. Keep working for the Extinction trophy if you want, or continue on to gold and developer medals if you're feeling ambitious.

Step 5: Get Gold / Developer medals for every level

I grouped gold and developer medals together because gold itself is a plateau that very few people have reached. This is where the game starts to really get difficult. You may need 50 minute runs on Free Play levels at the minimum. Other modes like Defend Daisy and Challenges are a little bit easier and less time consuming, though. Plan on around an additional 15 hours minimum for all gold.

Getting all gold nets you the d6 Admires You trophy. Congratulations if you can actually do it, it’s not easy. On average you'll probably have somewhere between 200K and 300K kills after all golds are obtained.

Developer medals are another story entirely. A number of the developer scores are two to three times higher than gold scores. Some are a bit more forgiving, but on the whole you’ll need to put in twice as much as effort for the developer scores than you did the gold ones. Getting all developer scores nets you the Friend of d6 trophy. If can get this you are a BZB GOD. It will probably take you another 20-30 hours to do so.

A recommendation on the longer dev runs: take a break and stretch out your hands every 20 minutes or so. Because of the way you use the controls (holding down triggers for a long period of time) and the nature of dev runs, you may start to cramp, or your index/middle fingers will ache.

For strategies and tips for high scores, see the high scores guide here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/burn-zombie-burn/37408-bzb-high-scores-complete-guide.html

Edited by Vyrastas

In Space DLC – Trophy Guide

These are all fairly easy to get, so no individual roadmap is necessary; it's been incorporated into the complete one above. You can do these trophies whenever you like.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/58/000.jpg BZB: In Space – No Time to Bleed (B)

Get 100 Gatling Gun combos on the Engine Room.

When you kill a lot of enemies with the same weapon, you will get a weapon "combo." There is a gauge in the top left corner that fills up to make one combo. You need to do this 100 times with the Gatling Gun on the Engine Room map, across any Arcade mode (Free Play, Timed, Defense, Survival). It will take longer than you think, so just keep grinding.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/58/000.jpg BZB: In Space – Transporter Accident (B)

Transport 1000 Zombies off the Mothership Bridge

The Mothership Bridge level features a combo button event that "transports" zombies off the level, i.e. they vanish/teleport like the "red shirt" zombie does. All you need to do is build up three weapon combos to enable the combo button, then step on it to start transporting zombies. Depending on how many are on the map when you do so, up to about 100 zombies will be transported in one combo button event. As such, you'll only need to do it 10-12 times to get the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/58/010.jpg BZB: In Space – Top Ten (S)

Beat ten of your friends in any leaderboard on either the Engine Room or Mothership Bridge

If you're trying to do this without boosting, you'll have to have a better score than 10 of your friends on a single leaderboard for Engine Room or Mothership Bridge. This includes all 4 Arcade modes for each map. Once you see your score reflected on the leaderboard (they don't update immediately), the trophy will pop.

If you want to boost this, please checking the boosting thread:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/burn-zombie-burn/45232-dlc-boosting-thread.html

Some users have set up dummy accounts with low scores that you can easily "beat."

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/58/010.jpg BZB: In Space – Extreme Survivor (S)

Survive 5 minutes with one life in Survival mode on Extreme difficulty on either Engine Room or Mothership Bridge

Make sure you are playing on Extreme difficulty and in Survival mode before attempting this.

This trophy really isn't that hard. I found it much easier to do this on the Engine Room, since it's a bit more open than the Mothership Bridge. The only hard part is at the very beginning, where you will most likely have Rushers charging you immediately and have to burn some zombies to get to the outer edge of the map. Get to the outer edge and just fire your regular pistol using auto-aim :l1:. Don't bother picking up a weapon unless it's the Machine Gun or Gatling Gun, because you want to be able to shoot the enemies from afar. Refrain from burning zombies as much as possible, since burning zombies chase after you faster.

Repeat this over and over for 5 minutes, hugging the edge, continuously firing at the zombies. Use the Exploders or the combo button (laser beams) to clear out enemies as needed. Pay special attention to the Rushers and avoid walking on Noxious/Infected zombie blood.

Remember, one hit in Extreme difficulty will kill you, so don't go near the zombies. The only exception is the fire the Super Zombie farts - you will not die if you get hit by that.

Here is a video demonstrating this strategy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHR2XiQCc9Q]YouTube- Burn Zombie Burn - In Space: Extreme Survivor trophy[/ame]

Edited by Vyrastas

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I realize the survivor trophy isn't hard but it glitched for me so if anybody else wants to test this out please do. I started a survivor on engine room extreme difficulty, but a knock on the door got me up before the game started. Obviously they killed me within seconds but after I came back after answering door around nearly five minutes later it was on the score screen where your kills are racked up and it just popped the survivor trophy. So just start a extreme survivor game on engine room and don't touch the controller at all for five minutes and see if it works.

That glitch worked for me :dance:. So that's 2 glitches with trophies I've seen so far (this and the fact you need 4 extra survival medals to get trophies). They should have tested this game better when that expansion came out ;).

Edited by crazyaejay

• 7 months later...

I've revamped the roadmap to include a "glitch notice" section detailing two major glitches that currently exist.

Moral of the story: decline the Survival patch and get the core trophies offline. Accept the patch only when you've given up on the core trophies and want to get the In Space ones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have had these troubles with trophies not unlocking! Also, I have deleted the game after making back-ups - and played off-line, but as yet these trophies still do not unlock! Apart from deleting all and starting 'ALL' over again (which I am most certainly not doing) I do not see any way round this seemingly otherwise poorly programmed game.

To think that D6 actually charge people money for this piece of rubbish is beyond me! They should refund everyones money and offer some apology for their severe lack of expertise in game programming!

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the game but I'm afraid my interest doesn't last long -why? I will give a few examples ......

1, Achieved (finally) unlocking all arcade levels .. no trophy!

2, Achieved all silver medals .. no trophy!

3, Pick up weapons but when I come to use them .. they're gone! Totally gone which leaves me with the piece of crap pistol - and that is after picking up the Machine Gun, Gatling Gun, Shot Gun or anything else comes to think of it - the weapons in question were all on screen when I picked them up, and it happens all the time not occasionally.

4, dropping bombs sometimes don't work or, it makes Bruce stick to the floor and by the time he is free again it is too late - life lost.

5, Nothing to speak of just another rant at a terrible game that could have been soooo much more fun than what it currently is, awful programming is it's biggest downfall .. people should not be legally allowed to sell their inferior products in a public market place, that's what I think about it.

And to think that this game is some 2 years or so old now, and still the developers have not corrected this issue! They must know about it by now I would have thought? It almost appears that they have adopted the 'got the money, don't care' attitude' and now get on with it! This comes across as very cynical to me .. and rather than develop game patches and 'add-ons' they should first and foremost get their house in order and address the pending issues people have with their software - which obviously has not been tested properly.

I am not having a pop at you or your guide! Hope you understand that, it is just that the game with all its faults is so annoyingly frustrating .. I want my money back and they can keep their piece of crap B.Z.B!!!!

Edited by ZorGan5

ZorGan5, there have been varying issues with the trophies ever since the Survival patch came along. I don't know what else to do other than what I suggested in the roadmap, as others have done similar things and have been able to unlock them fine. At this point you're probably better off messaging doublesix directly and telling them about it, they probably won't see your complaint here:

http://www.doublesixgames.com/contact-us/

Send them an email and explain all the issues you're having, they're nice guys.

Hello 'Vyrastas' and thank you for responding. I will certainly send them an email now I have their address and thank you for that too - I was wondering how to contact them directly and raise these points with them.

Oh ... and please excuse my rant in my original message, I was venting my disdain bourne out of frustration with this game.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
I have had these troubles with trophies not unlocking! Also, I have deleted the game after making back-ups - and played off-line, but as yet these trophies still do not unlock! Apart from deleting all and starting 'ALL' over again (which I am most certainly not doing) I do not see any way round this seemingly otherwise poorly programmed game.

To think that D6 actually charge people money for this piece of rubbish is beyond me! They should refund everyones money and offer some apology for their severe lack of expertise in game programming!

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the game but I'm afraid my interest doesn't last long -why? I will give a few examples ......

1, Achieved (finally) unlocking all arcade levels .. no trophy!

2, Achieved all silver medals .. no trophy!

3, Pick up weapons but when I come to use them .. they're gone! Totally gone which leaves me with the piece of crap pistol - and that is after picking up the Machine Gun, Gatling Gun, Shot Gun or anything else comes to think of it - the weapons in question were all on screen when I picked them up, and it happens all the time not occasionally.

4, dropping bombs sometimes don't work or, it makes Bruce stick to the floor and by the time he is free again it is too late - life lost.

5, Nothing to speak of just another rant at a terrible game that could have been soooo much more fun than what it currently is, awful programming is it's biggest downfall .. people should not be legally allowed to sell their inferior products in a public market place, that's what I think about it.

And to think that this game is some 2 years or so old now, and still the developers have not corrected this issue! They must know about it by now I would have thought? It almost appears that they have adopted the 'got the money, don't care' attitude' and now get on with it! This comes across as very cynical to me .. and rather than develop game patches and 'add-ons' they should first and foremost get their house in order and address the pending issues people have with their software - which obviously has not been tested properly.

I am not having a pop at you or your guide! Hope you understand that, it is just that the game with all its faults is so annoyingly frustrating .. I want my money back and they can keep their piece of crap B.Z.B!!!!

The glitch where weapons disappear is caused by pressing R3 to drop your weapon. It sometimes works normally but sometimes it glitches like this. To fix it, simply press R3 again.

Hello 'SandeProElite', Yes I understand what you mean by the R3 button, but in my case, and in most cases, I hadn't even used the R3 button! But when I run through weapons they are not equipped.

I have stopped playing this game because there is no point in wasting my time with it any further .. and I have the sneeking suspicion that if and when I finally achieve all 'Gold' the trophy like the silver will not unlock. This game for me has been the worst experience - it is replete with glitches, in fact, it is the only game that I have purchased from the PSN store to give so much trouble ... and come to think of it, it is 'THE' only game to ever give me problems, all the other games I have bought have been fine.

I have yet to contact the developers via email, but when I do I will certainly let them know exactly what I think about their dubious under-tested game programming.

Thank you for your comment, and although I truly appreciate it - I am afraid that in this case it does not resolve the problem :)

You can switch back and forth between your weapon and your pistol??? lol, I never knew that! Can't tell you how many times I hit R3 incidentally and was like "crap!"... lol I feel pretty dumb, but I still managed to get the developer medals so I guess it's all good. As far as the glitches, that picking up a weapon thing but it wasn't really there happened to me a lot! I have to say I just dealt with it and waited for more weapons to appear. Once again, I didn't know you could just push R3 to get the weapon to show up, that's good to know if I ever play again! I think the bigger annoyance for me was the game freezes... they really pissed me off.

Hello 'skippycue', I tried that with the weapons map but the weapon was not there. You have also noticed I see the glitches I have referred to - and I am sure that most, if not all people have had similar experiences but just let them go! I too have had the game crash many times and sometimes when I had a good score!

I could go on, but I have no wish to repeat myself with points I have made earlier - but suffice to say that the game needs some serious attention from the developers to create update patches to fix these issues within the game.

Thank you for your comments and tips :)

And .. I apologise to 'Vyrastas' for using his excellent guide as a chat room! :)

• 2 weeks later...
You can switch back and forth between your weapon and your pistol??? lol, I never knew that! Can't tell you how many times I hit R3 incidentally and was like "crap!"... lol I feel pretty dumb, but I still managed to get the developer medals so I guess it's all good. As far as the glitches, that picking up a weapon thing but it wasn't really there happened to me a lot! I have to say I just dealt with it and waited for more weapons to appear. Once again, I didn't know you could just push R3 to get the weapon to show up, that's good to know if I ever play again! I think the bigger annoyance for me was the game freezes... they really pissed me off.

Just press R3 once if that happens. Usually that's what fixes it to me. If you click twice you'll reglitch it. Prior to the Survival patch this never happened to me and neither did the trophies not unlocking glitch so you have to blame the patch, not the game itself.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...