Timed Mode- Graveyard Dev Medal

Pilgrimage85

Can't do this, does anyone know a strategy to this or what?

You need to get 12,493,735 for the dev. The closest I've come to it is 8 mil

It's been a while since I've played this game, but I know it came down to knowing how often and how much tnt to chain. The reason I say this is because there are times during the level that you run into weapon dry-spells and you're forced to use tnt to make any progress. I recall planning for this so that I wouldn't have to waste time not earning clocks waiting for weapons to spawn. You can't afford to not be earning clocks so sometimes it's better to use one tnt for a clock then to try to chain a bunch. You really just have to fel out the level and know what waves are coming when. You should get to know the best times to chain tnt (for instance, NOT when exploders are about to come on the map). Knowing this and planning strategy will put you over the top eventually. The teleporting zombie also helps a lot so when you hear him come, make sure you kill him!

Having said this, basically it comes down to personal strategy. Develop a plan and stick to it. If you don't find you're improving your score with that plan, try to alter it... maybe use less or more tnt early on, stuff like that. It really just takes patience and practice.

When I went through this game I did each board until I got the developer medal (didn't bother getting all silvers or golds first). Doing that made almost all other levels pretty simple after getting good enough to get Graveyard timed developer, so keep at it!

There's really not much I can say that's not already in my guide here on the site. It's not going to come overnight, you'll need to keep working on it and once you can keep the timer up for a long while, you'll eventually get a run where everything falls into place and you hit the Dev mark.

That said, it always seemed to me that you get more drops when you melee burning zombies vs. using TNT.

Graveyard Timed was actually the last one I needed for the Friend of d6 trophy. Took me a number of tries to get it.

That said, it always seemed to me that you get more drops when you melee burning zombies vs. using TNT.

I think that's just how it "seems" because when you're doing melee zombies continue funneling toward you so you end up killing a lot more than you do with a tnt blast. When you chain tnt you generally always get at least one time drop because you kill more zombies. I think the drops are directly related to the zombie kill count because I definitely started to notice patterns. This helped me decide when to use tnt vs melee or guns. But like I said, you have to find what works for you best.

EDIT: Also, the drops always come in the same general order. I got to the point where I knew when a time drop would come and when other drops would come. It definitely follows a pattern.

Edited by skippycue

I think that's just how it "seems" because when you're doing melee zombies continue funneling toward you so you end up killing a lot more than you do with a tnt blast.

Perhaps. Even now, though, I look at my Timed vids and it still appears to me that I get more drops from the same amount of burning zombies when I melee with the chainsaw vs. using TNT. I doubt it's based only on kill count, though, there has to be some other factor like multiplier or weapon combo or something built in, because the spacing between them isn't consistent.

Obviously you need TNT to reach the point requirement of 12M, but when I needed to work on time drops I would almost always melee.

• 3 months later...

Yes it's me again!!! Still getting zombie soup for dinner and getting sick of it :)

This Graveyard (timed) is really really hard, I am struggling to get gold on this one (as with all the rest) I think this game is an elitist title and only the very few who are good at it will succeed in getting all gold and above.

As mentioned in one of the posts above about 'clock' dropping, I did some research (lol) if you can call it that and discovered that after 40 burning zombies are killed (blown up or shot or what-ever) a clock will drop, and another 40 after that will get you tnt upgrades etc - from then on it continues with 40 as the prime multiple. Even if you chain tnt and get two clock drops you have probably killed 80 zombies with 'ONE' attack, this also applies to tnt upgrades.

Just something I have noticed, not that it helps me much though :)

ps .. It's a good thing I have a Brother .. he has been helpful in acquiring some of my medals.

Edited by ZorGan5