Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode II ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap

rdsdNgs.png

This guide is strictly to be used and only used on playstationtrophies.org. If I find it posted anywhere else, action will be taken unless credit is given where due. If you are not a registered member and this guide has convinced you to join this site, why not sign up

>here< and give mullinavat a referral

Credits:

Credits to ESYLD for the guide banner.

Thanks to bs000 for the collectibles video and text guides.

Thanks to WORLDEATER1 for his video guides for Twofer and Dead Drop.

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (Personal opinion)
  • Offline trophies: 10 (7 (B), 3 (S))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 4-8 hours
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 on 1998 Mode (2 recommended)
  • Number of missable trophies: 0 due to Chapter Select
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, you must beat the game on 1998 Mode
  • Glitched trophies: Potentially all of them, see the note in the Introduction.
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats

NOTE: You must download and install the 1.07 patch before you can play Burial at Sea - Episode II.

Introduction:

Welcome to Burial At Sea - Episode 2, the last of the Bioshock Infinite DLCs and the climax to the events of the Bioshock series. In this DLC you will play as Elizabeth after the events of Episode 1 as she attempts to unravel the mysteries of Raptures and perhaps discover her fate.

The gameplay in general feels the same as Bioshock Infinite except this time there is an emphasis on stealth since Elizabeth can't take as much damage. Therefore crouching and knocking out enemies from behind with your Air Grabber or taking out enemies with your Crossbow will make things easier. There are some new plasmids to play with too such as Peeking Tom which makes you invisible and can make life much easier for you. The other major addition is 1998 Mode which is a new mode that requires you to beat the game without killing any enemy, as a result you can only use your crossbow and the Air Grabber.

There are only 10 trophies in this DLC and all of them are relatively easy. 3 are story related, 1 is tied to collecting all the Audio Diaries/Voxophones, 5 miscellaneous trophies which are easy to do and 1 trophy is tied to beating the game on 1998 mode.

Note on trophies not unlocking:

It seems that the issues that have plagued the main game and it's subsequent DLCs is still at large in this DLC. This issue seems to occur when you sign out of PSN, whether it be of your own accord or due to a connection issue after being signed in. If this happens then no trophies will unlock if you continue to play. To combat this issue either, sign in before you load the game and stay signed in or sign out/don't sign in to PSN before starting the game and stay offline.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Play the DLC on Normal difficulty first

I would recommend playing the DLC on Easy or Normal first. Normal would be preferable since it is a similar difficulty to 1998 mode and can help you prepare for 1998 Mode in Step 2 since you will know where to go. During this Step just play through the game and enjoy the great story. I would suggest getting all the Audio Diaries/Voxophones so you won't have to worry about them during 1998 Mode. You should be able to get the all miscellaneous trophies during this step since they are all pretty easy to do and many opportunities should arise to get them.

After this Step you should have:

Making Some Noise (B)

Never Saw It Coming (B)

Dead Drop (B)

Twofer (B)

Glutton for Punishment (B)

The Whole Story (S)

Up and Running (B)(H)

Mein Hair (B)(H)

Paid in Full (S)(H)

Step 2: Beat the DLC on 1998 Mode and clean up

During this step you should play the game on 1998 Mode. Make sure not to pick 1999 mode else you will be sorely disappointed upon beating the DLC and not getting the trophy. The main things to keep in mind is to take it slow and take out enemies from behind with the Air Grabber if you can to conserve Crossbow ammo. If you can skip a fight, skip it since there is no point wasting time.

During this Step you can also clean up any trophies you haven't gotten already as they can still be done in 1998 mode. After this Step you should have:

Taffer's Delight (S)(H)

Edited by Viper
Editorial Sweep.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide:

75.jpg  The Whole Story (S)

Collected all Audio Diaries and Voxophones in Burial at Sea

There are of 25 Audio Diaries/Voxophones to find in this DLC. They are a little harder to find compared to Episode 1 but if you are adamant about searching everywhere you should find them all. Some are behind doors that will require lockpicks, but you should have plenty of them since they are scattered across the DLC and can be bought for $18 from vending machines. If you are playing on a harder difficulty such as 1998 mode you may have a harder time of finding lockpicks and cash to buy them so playing on Normal or Easy can make this easier. You can also use the Peeping Tom plasmid to spot collectibles through walls which can help a lot.

If you would like a video walkthrough please you this great video by bs000:

You can also follow the great text guide also by bs000, here: LINK

77.jpg  Making Some Noise (B)

Gained five noisemakers through lockpicking.

To obtain a noisemaker you must pick a lock and when the slider moves up and down the cylinder, you must press :square: precisely when it hits a blue pin. You will be picking plenty of locks throughout the game so you should have no problem getting this trophy and should get it early on in the DLC. Just be careful not to hit the red node as that will triggers an alarm. If you want to get the trophy as early as possible, there a checkpoint right before the door where the noisemakers first appear so you can farm them by reloading the checkpoint (credit to Terminator for this tip).

You also must have room in your inventory to collect noisemakers from lockpicks. You can hold 6 in total and if you have a full inventory, the lockpicks you use won't count for the trophy so clear some space to be safe.

78.jpg  Twofer (B)

Knocked out two or more enemies using the same Gas Bolt.

To get this trophy you must find a group of two or more enemies and knock them both out with the Gas Bolt. The best place to do this is shortly after you first get a gas bolt. You will get the gas bolt after getting the CO2 scrubber in the Service Bay from the main story. After you ascend the elevator you will see a group of splicers close together and talking. Just crouch walk around the corner until you can get a shot in between the enemies. After you shoot them they should all be knocked out and you should get the trophy.

If you would like a video showing how to do this trophy WORLDEATER1 has one for another method in the Medical Bay:

79.jpg  Glutton for Punishment (B)

Used Ironsides to collect 20 rounds of ammo or more in Burial at Sea

This trophy required you to collect 20 rounds of ammo with the Ironsides plasmid which you will get shortly after returning to Columbia. If your weapons are full of ammo you won't be able to collect ammo so fire some shots off to make some space. The best way I found to do this is to play on any difficulty other than 1998 mode since you can fill up more ammo with your hand cannon. If you play on 1998 mode it will take much longer since the crossbow only holds 4 bolts at a time.

The best place I found is when you are searching for the hair sample in Columbia. This will be just before you get Audio Log 20 - Necessary Precautions and before you reach the area with the giant golden statue. You will descend an elevator and come to an area with a group of enemies and a turret at the far end on a ship through a broken window. Deal with all the enemies and leave the turret. Clear out all your hand cannon ammo and equip Ironsides, move in front of the turret and hold :l1: to use Ironsides and collect ammo. Keep doing this until you get all 20. You may need to empty your hand cannon ammo from time to time and if you run out of Eve, there should be a vending machine through a door to the right from where you entered the room.

If you wish to earn the trophy earlier then you can farm it right after you exit the vent from the First Lady, there will be a lot of enemies around to get ammo from and you can reload the checkpoint which will bring you right back to when you exited the vent.

Edited by Viper
Editorial Sweep.

80.jpg  Dead Drop (B)

On three occasions, knocked out an enemy after silently dropping off a Freight Hook.

This is best gotten in the Service Bay area where you are looking for the CO2 scrubber. There are plenty of enemies and Freight Hooks in the area to make this trophy easy here. You need to attach to a Freight Hook by pressing :cross:, then land silently behind an enemy by pressing :cross: to detach from the Freight Hook and holding :circle: upon landing to land silently. You then have to knock them out from behind with :triangle:. The best way to do this is to land silently behind an enemy and use Peeping Tom by holding :l1: so the enemy doesn't see you. You can then easily go up behind them and press :triangle: to knock them out without getting caught. Do this 3 times and you will get the trophy.

Here is a video description by WORLDEATER1 for the trophy:

81.jpg  Never Saw It Coming (B)

While invisible, used Peeping Tom to knock out 15 enemies with a melee attack.

To get this trophy you will need the Peeping Tom plasmid which is found behind a broken door you have to lift with a sign above labelled "Cupid's Arrow". You will come to this areas when getting Audio Log 2 - The Blue Dress. After you have the plasmid what you need to do is equip it then hold :l1:, sneak up behind and enemy and press :triangle:. Doing this 15 times will get you the trophy. The upgrades for Peeping Tom can also make this trophy much easier and would be recommended for playing the DLC since they are very useful, they are:

Upgrade 1: This mod removes the EVE cost for invisibility while standing still. It can be found in a room in the Manta Ray Lounge. It is the room at the back of the area across from the 3 bottles you go to for the code words side mission.

Upgrade 2: This mod removes the EVE cost for seeing through walls while standing still. It can be found in a side-office/locker area in the Service Bay in the main room where you find the Co2 Scrubber Replacement. The locker area will be on the bottom floor of this area.

72.jpg  Up and Running (B)(H)

Repaired the machine in Suchong's lab in Burial at Sea - Episode 2.

Story related and cannot be missed.

Spoiler

This trophy will pop after you repair the tear device in Suchong's lab towards the end of Chapter 2 - Toy Department.

73.jpg  Mein Hair (B)(H)

Delivered the hair sample in Burial at Sea - Episode 2.

Spoiler

This trophy will pop when you deliver the hair sample Suchong wanted you to retrieve in Columbia, you will deliver it after returning to Rapture at the end of Chapter 4 - Return to Rapture. The trophy will pop during the loading screen after you jump through the tear.

74,jpg  Paid in Full (S)(H)

Completed Burial at Sea - Episode 2.

Spoiler

This will unlock during the credits once you complete the DLC.

76.jpg  Taffer's Delight (S)(H)

Completed Burial at Sea - Episode 2 in 1998 mode.

1998 mode is the new mode in this DLC and can be selected from the beginning. It is on the same level as Normal difficulty except you have to take all your enemies out by non-lethal means which means you can only use your crossbow and Air Grabber/Sky Hook. You will not be able pick up any weapons that can kill enemies so you won’t have to worry about accidentally killing anyone. Much like 1999 mode the waypoint marker is not available.

Make sure not to pick 1999 mode in the beginning as you will be disappointed to finish the DLC and not get the trophy since you picked the wrong difficulty so make sure you pick 1998 mode. This difficulty is not hard at all, it is essentially normal mode except you have to play stealthily. Some tips I found useful are:

• Use Peeping Tom as much as possible since it makes you invisible and makes it easier to take out enemies and hide. Especially if you get both upgrades since both upgrades will allow you to use Peeping Tom while standing still without using any Eve, see Never Saw It Coming for its location.
  • Make use of the noisemakers as that can distract enemies and move them out of your way.
  • A handy tip is to make noise at a corner, wait for the enemy to round the corner and knock him out with :triangle:. The enemy won’t have enough time to register you a threat so you can take him out easily.
  • You don't have to fight all enemies, just about all fights can be bypassed apart from the fight with Andrew Ryan's men when you are trapped.
  • Use the Tranquillisers on armoured enemies and on the Fire Plasmid wielding enemies since they will go down in one shot.
  • If you are ever caught you can run and hide to escape the enemies and lose their attention. Peeping Tom is great for escaping an enemy's sights.
  • Use Possession on vending machines for extra cash and turrets if you are stuck.
Edited by Viper
Editorial Sweep.

If you want to get the Glutton for Punishment trophy out of the way quickly, an alternate easy method is right after you pick up the vigor on The First Lady.

After exiting The First Lady, you will climb through a vent and drop down into an area with lots of enemies. The game auto-saves right at the exit vent, so just pop out and activate the vigor while they all shoot at you. When it runs out, just let them kill you, and you will re-spawn right at the same point. Re-spawning does not reset the count for the 20 ammo collected, so you can just keep repeating this until the trophy pops.

Here's some tips for you :):

1: Making Some Noise - There's a Checkpoint directly in front of the door where the Noisemakers first appear so you can farm them by reloading the Checkpoint :).

2: Never Saw It Coming+Twofer - Both of these can be obtained directly after you get Old Man Winter because [spoiler=TO]you will attacked en-mass by a group of enemies

If you time it right then you can get a lot of stealth kills extremely quickly by reloading the Checkpoint :).

If you want to get the Glutton for Punishment trophy out of the way quickly, an alternate easy method is right after you pick up the vigor on The First Lady.

After exiting The First Lady, you will climb through a vent and drop down into an area with lots of enemies. The game auto-saves right at the exit vent, so just pop out and activate the vigor while they all shoot at you. When it runs out, just let them kill you, and you will re-spawn right at the same point. Re-spawning does not reset the count for the 20 ammo collected, so you can just keep repeating this until the trophy pops.

Thanks for the tip, I just added it even though personally I found trying to get the ammo from there very boring and took longer than the method I used

Here's some tips for you :):

1: Making Some Noise - There's a Checkpoint directly in front of the door where the Noisemakers first appear so you can farm them by reloading the Checkpoint :).

2: Never Saw It Coming+Twofer - Both of these can be obtained directly after you get Old Man Winter because [spoiler=TO]you will attacked en-mass by a group of enemies

If you time it right then you can get a lot of stealth kills extremely quickly by reloading the Checkpoint :).

Thanks T, I added the Making some noise tip.

Personally for the other trophies I wouldn't recommend getting it after Old Man Winter since the enemies may not spawn there since on my second playthrough they never appeared.

Twofor can still be easily gotten shortly after you get the Gas Bolt anyway

Been playing since last night and I think the trophy for clubbing enemies while invisible is glitched on me. I remember seeing it count 10/15 and I've clubbed plenty of others after, but haven't gotten the trophy yet. I've done it while they were completely unaware (white, if looking through walls). Not sure if it's a glitch or game being weird.

Great guide!

You might want to say something similar to Glutton For Punishment on the Making Some Noise trophy. I was hitting the blue nodes left and right and I didn't realize that my inventory was full at 6 noisemakers and they weren't counting towards the trophy. You need to have an empty slot in order to pick one up.

Been playing since last night and I think the trophy for clubbing enemies while invisible is glitched on me. I remember seeing it count 10/15 and I've clubbed plenty of others after, but haven't gotten the trophy yet. I've done it while they were completely unaware (white, if looking through walls). Not sure if it's a glitch or game being weird.

That is weird, I haven't seen it happen to anyone else yet anyway so maybe you were just unlucky, if more are having the same problem then I would chalk it down as glitched.

Great guide!

You might want to say something similar to Glutton For Punishment on the Making Some Noise trophy. I was hitting the blue nodes left and right and I didn't realize that my inventory was full at 6 noisemakers and they weren't counting towards the trophy. You need to have an empty slot in order to pick one up.

Sure but wouldn't you not have to have already picked 5 lockpicks to have a full inventory anyway or do vending machines sell them. I never checked if vending machines sold noise makers

Did you get disconnected or switch between playing online and off? If you did then that means the sign-out bug is still at large :(.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

Did you get disconnected or switch between playing online and off? If you did then that means the sign-out bug is still at large :(.

Actually... oh balls I forgot about that. That's probably the problem.

If that is what happened then that is enough for me to think the same glitch is in place

Just finished it in 1998 mode and got all the trophies, it's really not that hard! I would recommend one playthrough for experienced players.

Planning to go for one playthrough in 1998 mode (feel like it's more consistent with the character) can anyone confirm it's possible to get the Ironsides trophy without farming? If so, any particularly useful spots to get the count up?

Cheers

Planning to go for one playthrough in 1998 mode (feel like it's more consistent with the character) can anyone confirm it's possible to get the Ironsides trophy without farming? If so, any particularly useful spots to get the count up?

Cheers

I just farmed it right after

[spoiler=GodKingLSig]I got from the first lady in columbia, you crawl out of a vent and there are a lot of VOX just waiting to shoot you, after you die you are right in this section again... After that I never used the Vigor again. I like the stealthy approach. :D

Guide looks good Mulli. :) I'll be playing this in the next couple of days so it should come in handy.

Thanks man hope it help :)

Cheers

You can get it in 1998 mode but it will take a but longer since the crossbow only hold 4 bolts and when it is full it will take a while to clear it since it takes a while to reload.

Of course if you want to do it in 1998 mode you can just farm it in the place Berunwolf said or use the point I suggested in the roadmap since suing turrets is a bit quicker