XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > >

Old 11-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Rawra

Send a message via AIM to Rawra Send a message via Skype™ to Rawra

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Bingo   First PS4 Game Nights   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Submission   5,000 Posts   Member of the Month Winner   Rockets Must Have Died
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Default R* hint at Bully 2

Quote:
Rockstar VP Dan Houser has dropped strong hints that Rockstar Vancouver's Bully could see a follow-up in the future.

Bully (Canis Canem Edit in the UK) was released in 2006 on PS2 and later ported to Wii, Xbox 360 and PC as Bully: Scholarship Edition. It received positive reviews and is well remembered by fans.
Speaking to Gamasutra, Houser said there was "no impetus" to do a sequel straight away, but "we will see what we can do with [it]" once Max Payne 3 is out the door.

"We knew that we didn't want to start doing the Bully sequel instantly at that second with those guys -- even though it is a property that, like Max, we adore and might come back to in the future. There was just no impetus to do that then," he said.

"So we said, 'You can do Max, and then we will see what we can do with Bully.' So it was really waiting for the slot to open up and the group to open up to at least start work on it."

Specifically on the subject of sequels, Houser said that despite what the general public might think, the GTA house likes to "spend a bit of time" at the end of projects before deciding what to do next.

"Basically we have been meaning to start [Max Payne 3] for a while, but we have limited bandwidth and limited studios, and more games to make than we've started. So suddenly it was a good slot," Houser said, explaining why it took eight years to follow up Max Payne 2.

"Also, contrary to a lot of people, we like to take a little bit of time at the end of a game before starting a sequel, so we can wait for the excitement or disappointment and everything else of the experience to shake down and really see what we should do in the next game."
Source: Rockstar hints at Bully 2 - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

So would you welcome a sequel, or haven't you played this great R* title?
Rawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Xander45

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Blackout   Lab's ''Did Someone Say Chimichanga?'' List   Fletch's ''Valar Morghulis''   Vy's Glow in the Dark Role Playing Mix   Mendel's Bad Guy Club   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Word of Mouth - Silver   Beat the Muff   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   I Am a Platinum God!!
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)

Yes, yes and more yes. Loved the game so much I would love another.

Last edited by Xander45; 11-18-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Xander45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
joeyc138

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Bully was pretty awesome so I'd be more than happy to play a sequel. For a game that lacked the violence that GTA has while running with the same formula it was surprisingly good and I've actually been looking forward to a sequel ever since I first played it on the PS2. I wonder if we'll be portraying Hopkins again or if we'll be in the shoes of a new protagonist. I'm kind of hoping for the latter.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
OLIVERMC97
Banned

Send a message via MSN to OLIVERMC97

Awards Showcase Battlefield 3 Squad Tournament Champion   Word of Mouth - Gold   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Helping Hand   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

I loved bully on my PS2. I would love to see a sequel for PS3!
OLIVERMC97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
Phisix

Great news if this is true. I loved the original Bully.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Vuule

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Bingo   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   10,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

Only played Bully at a friend few years ago. From what I remember, it was alright. Still need to play it myself

Check out my YouTube for Trophy Guides and More!
My Trophies Sig&Ava by RED_REBEL44
Old 11-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
Warriorboy1990

Send a message via Skype™ to Warriorboy1990

I actually hope they port Bully: Scholoarship Edition to the PS3. add trophies and bugs fixed.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
KAZUYAH997

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I love you R*

KAZUYAH997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #9
NovaSD

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Bully was one of my favorite games on the 360, I would welcome a sequel with open arms.

Currently playing: Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Latest : Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
NovaSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
BigRick78

Where could they take it though? It would just be the same game, with a different character??

New PSN ID for New PS4. Feel Free To Add Me.
RickDangerous_78

Assasins Creed IV: Black Flag
BigRick78 is offline   Reply With Quote