R* hint at Bully 2

Rawra

Rockstar VP Dan Houser has dropped strong hints that Rockstar Vancouver's Bully could see a follow-up in the future.

Bully (Canis Canem Edit in the UK) was released in 2006 on PS2 and later ported to Wii, Xbox 360 and PC as Bully: Scholarship Edition. It received positive reviews and is well remembered by fans.

Speaking to Gamasutra, Houser said there was "no impetus" to do a sequel straight away, but "we will see what we can do with [it]" once Max Payne 3 is out the door.

"We knew that we didn't want to start doing the Bully sequel instantly at that second with those guys -- even though it is a property that, like Max, we adore and might come back to in the future. There was just no impetus to do that then," he said.

"So we said, 'You can do Max, and then we will see what we can do with Bully.' So it was really waiting for the slot to open up and the group to open up to at least start work on it."

Specifically on the subject of sequels, Houser said that despite what the general public might think, the GTA house likes to "spend a bit of time" at the end of projects before deciding what to do next.

"Basically we have been meaning to start [Max Payne 3] for a while, but we have limited bandwidth and limited studios, and more games to make than we've started. So suddenly it was a good slot," Houser said, explaining why it took eight years to follow up Max Payne 2.

"Also, contrary to a lot of people, we like to take a little bit of time at the end of a game before starting a sequel, so we can wait for the excitement or disappointment and everything else of the experience to shake down and really see what we should do in the next game."

Source: Rockstar hints at Bully 2 - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

So would you welcome a sequel, or haven't you played this great R* title? :p

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bully was pretty awesome so I'd be more than happy to play a sequel. For a game that lacked the violence that GTA has while running with the same formula it was surprisingly good and I've actually been looking forward to a sequel ever since I first played it on the PS2. I wonder if we'll be portraying Hopkins again or if we'll be in the shoes of a new protagonist. I'm kind of hoping for the latter.

I love you R*

all of this :applause:

Yes! This is good, I loved the first game and am glad to hear they are at least thinking about a another.

Max Payne 3 is coming out in March 2012 so the next Bully could be coming out in 2014 maybe and Agent in 2013 maybe?

The future's bright, the future's Rockstar.

whats agent?

Agent is an on going project by Rockstar games that was announced in 2009 and is to be set in the Cold War and put you in "the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations", apart from that and a few screenshots nothing else has been said.

A game I am looking forward to I have to say .

:)

Sorry Jonn_ I missed that! :p

There forum for Agent on this site and it can be found here. Check out the screenshots if they are still on there it should be good.

Anyways back on to Bully II, as I have said I'd love it the first game was fantastic I remember the pure rush whilst playing probabily becuase I shouldn't have been but it was a real pleasure to play.

Roll on Bully II.

:)

The only query that i'm going to have is uneeded multiplayer lol. I could be wrong but that'll be super duper funtime :) I really hope they keep the quirky and fun attitude the game had!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4otBVO76x8]Bully - Jason Smoking Outside Adult Shop - YouTube[/ame]

That adult shop was freaking hilarious! It's near the end btw.

I would love Bully 2. I have great memories of playing the first one with one of my friends, and we sat there one night for hours playing that game. I remember playing it on my own again, going through and completing it 100%. Bully 2 would be a first day purchase for me, im sure. Rockstar hardly ever disapoints.