How hard is "Very Hard difficulty" playthrough?

leptonic

I read that the Guide Map says "equivalent to 'Regular' on MW2", but to those who are playing or tried this difficulty is the question, Is doable? or is a annoying playing it first? I mean, I play FPS often (not an expert tbh) and I'm going to start the game tonight, but I DO NOT want to die every 2 seconds or so... that's why is the Q, any tips?.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not true, Im playing on very hard right now and its HARD. You can die easily. (Boss enemys can kill you with two direct shot) I played on hard in my first playthrough and it was normal mode.

My tip is: Play your first playthrough on hard, because on very hard you will not like the game. On hard its most fun than very hard mode.

Edited by factor747

i only died in very hard when i was trying to get a certain skillshot and not killing the other guys or getting hit by one of those drill guys. bosses are easy to kill. just use the thumper.

^This. I did Very Hard for my first playthrough. If I wasn't trying to score a large variety of skillshots to decrease the number of playthroughs needed, I wouldn't have died much at all.

I think Last Train from Explosion Town is the hardest part. It just doesn't feel well-balanced at all.

That part was really hard, but for me the hardest part was at the end of 7 -1 when you had to run to the dropship and had the time limit. I had the most trouble with that section, and I had a ton of weapon glitches where I'd finish a chapter with full ammo for a weapon but the next chapter I'd have no ammo. That made it even worse.

I finished my very hard playthrough yesterday, and it was frustrating in a few spots, but overall I actually had a lot of fun with it. I never purchased any charge shot upgrades and never even used the thumper until 6-1 and after. I spent the most of time after failed attempts figuring out where the best spots were at to take enemies out. I approached some parts from a stealthy perspective and others from a slide-kill-and-hope-it-works perspective, and I thought it was a blast. Now I'm cleaning up single player skillshots and trophies on very easy and working on echoes before I start on anarchy. IMO making all the skillshots will be harder than the whole campaign on very hard.

• 1 month later...

Yea, I totally agree with everyone saying that Very Hard isn't all that hard. A few parts are difficult at times but not impossible.

I played through normal first then very hard. By the time I went through my 2nd play through I did all the trick shots for the game getting the Skillshot trophy with very little problems thanks to the guide and forum here.

I like to say that I'm a decent FPS shooter but far from the best.

• 2 weeks later...