I suck at Echos, tips?

DarkByke

I absolutely suck at Echos. Is there any tips or tutorials available for gamers such as myself? I can only get 1 star. Nothing I do seems to up my score. :(

Blahhh

Also, I guess while I'm at it. Is GameSpy/internet required for Echos? I'm contemplating whether to finish the MP trophies before servers possibly go down May 31st.

Thanks for any advice.

I used Youtube for the tricky Echoes and experimented with my combos for the rest. The Echo trophies can be done entirely offline and it's better to stay offline as these trophies can glitch due to the crappy online leaderboards not knowing how to count :mad:.

Great! That was my concern was finishing before GameSpy gone :)

Thanks again. I'll see if Youtube can help me out.

Edited by DarkByke

• 1 month later...

There are several keys to getting the 3 stars in each Echo map:

1. Play the Echo several times until you are completely familiar with the layout of the pathway that you are required to follow.

2. Speed plays a major role. Once you are familiar with the layout, then it's critical that you move through the Echo as quickly as possible to maximize your time bonus. This could mean the difference between 2-Stars and 3-Stars.

3. Swap out guns at each reload station. Each new skillshot you use in an Echo gives you a first-use bonus. So the more variation in your weapon skillshots will result in larger scores.

4. Use the charge fire on any weapon. Usually this results in anywhere from 3-5 enemies being decimated(if you set it up properly) and if it's the first time using it, you'll get the first-use bonus.

5. Use the thumper at times when a large group of enemies are in a close group, plus you can complete the Trap Shoot or Slam-Dunk for additional bonus points.

6. It will take several tries on some of the longer Echos, but is definitely doable as long as you plan it properly.

Last night I got 3-Stars on the first 5 Echo maps. Not too concerned anymore about getting all 14 Echos to 3-Stars!

Edited by RSheb