Easy way to boost online wins

TeamRKO

So I finally got the Plat for this the other night and boosted wins with 1 other. The strategy on this site has been to try and get a small group of people so that you will have a better chance of finding each other. I will say that 1 on 1 boosting can take awhile if you don't have any type of communication set up (my partner was from the Netherlands so we set up an online chat room to facilitate talks) but it ended up taking from about 5pm EST to 9:30pm EST to get 50 each.

The easiest way it seems to get the wins is to get 4 players together (at least 4) and play 2 v 2 matches. I tried grouping with my partner last night and searched for a 2 v 2 matchup for quite awhile and there were no takers. It seems that paired combat in BL is relatively quiet (if not outright dead) so finding your boosting group should be quick and wins will go quick as each player should get a win when the other team surrenders.

I guess I should put that this is all "in theory" since we had no way to try it without any paired competition available, but we were able to search for competition and we did it on multiple occasions giving time for other players that maybe were in a game to exit and try to find a new round. The Guide for the online wins says that the trophy took about 5 hours with 5 players searching for each other and finishing each player's 50 wins. If this strategy works, it should be much quicker and more efficient. I loaned out my copy of the game but if need be I can get it back to attempt this strategy. It would certainly make this platinum a little easier.

I had the same problem doing it 1 v 1. There might have been 4-6 people including us playing at the time (that we saw) and it seemed like the others were in games cause we kept finding each other quickly. Then for good stretches we couldn't find each other, that is to say we were both free yet we couldn't locate each other even though we had the player finder going and would continuously re-cycle the search to re-check.

I just made mention of the pairs combat since if your in a group of 2+ you can only get matched up with a group of similar numbers (IE: 1v1 2v2 so on). As I said, in theory :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

When pairing im pretty certain that the closer timeframe you search together, the faster you find each other. Me and my boostingpartner boosted 1v1 and it seems that when we tried to synch up the search abit it went alot faster compared to first couple of times where it would take several minutes before we found each other sometimes.

Out of curiosity, can you chat to each other with headsets? I know some people don't like using headsets (or mics), but I find it makes boosting easier.

I have this game, had it a while actually, haven't completed the campaign yet, but did enjoy the game a lot. I still need the online trophies, and would be happy to boost with anyone. I also have the DLC.

PSN id: squodge4

Don't forget to mention BRUTAL LEGEND in the subject line.