Sea Of Black Tears - Brutal Difficulty

Renegade

i Would say that make sure always before you go to destroy towers that your troops are doing fine with doviculus troops. I did make a couple of times that mistake. After i did destroy tower doviculus had already conquered one of mine fan tower. So take your time and check for a right moment for a strike. hopefully this helps

i Would say that make sure always before you go to destroy towers that your troops are doing fine with doviculus troops. I did make a couple of times that mistake. After i did destroy tower doviculus had already conquered one of mine fan tower. So take your time and check for a right moment for a strike. hopefully this helps

Thanks, but I meant the battle before that where you have to destroy Ophelia's stage after knocking down the towers and cross the bridge.

First of all i reccommend that you have the soul sucking axe

Ok when this battle starts you already have a few units. Immediately kill the units that doviculus has to start with and send your troops to the first geyser. Play Battle Cry to make them stronger and take down the geyser faster. Here is the key to this fight.

The only way units spawn is by being shot out from that big monster in little things that look like syringes. You will be able to hear and see them so as soon as you see one tell your units to stay put and go attack it yourself. THe point of that is to make sure your units do not get killed by anything and you kill the enemys before they damage your units.

Once your original units have killed the first geyser go play fan tribute and spawn more headbangers and thunderhogs. Send all of your units to the next geyser and again, IF YOU SEE OR HEAR A SYRINGE THING THAT SPAWNS MONSTERS KILL IT RIGHT WHEN THE MONSTERS SPAWN. because if the monsters get to your units chances are you will lose quite a few. Continue to take all of the geysers and kill any enemies quickly. Keep spawning more units if any get depleted, and battle cry is your best friend as it raises your units strength.

Once you have control of all the geysers, send your units all to the middle and just have them defend. What your main objective is here is to build a rock crusher. Whenever you see a syringe go and kill them immediately and continue to build up your fan base. remember to use face melter on the little enemies. Whenever an enemy sneaks by and attacks your merch booths quickly dispatch them.

Every time you get the fans to upgrade, do it. Upgrade all the way while continuing to defend and then buy a rock crusher. At this point the fun starts. Keep you units exactly where they are and go on the rock crushe to the first eye thing and spam bladehenge assualt. once the eye is down take and spawn the Druid Plow aka The Duece and drive it into the eye.

The reason i told you to keep your units back and not attack with you is because after you drive into the first eye he will spawn alot of big monsters. IMMEDIATELY get back to your rock crusher and use bladehenge assualt on them before they have a chance to damage your units or your merch booths.

One you kill his big monsters you are on the home stretch. Spawn a few more units, metal beasts and roadies just to be safe then take your rock crusher and attack the next eye thing. Once again leave your units where they are, they are going to serve as a defence just incase. Once they eye is down drive your rock crushe back to the rest of your units and get out. Now take the duece and ride through the second eye that you just killed.

At this point Doviculus will spawn a lot more big monsters, but that doesnt matter, for 2 reasons.

1: You have that awesome defence force you just created

2: you end this battle by driving the duece through the middle of doviculous' side where he is standing on top of.

Once you drive through the middle the battle is over and you win!

Thats how i did it im sure there is a better way but this worked fine for me. I hope this helps

yeah, that's the divoculus part again Oo'

the way i did it was just taking over all the towers on my side of the bridge, and put the spawning point to the bridge... then slowly move forward on the bridge, untill you have the full 40 load and are at the end of the bridge... then just kill her stage, and make sure to use the facemelter, battle cry and the one where you stop her construction for a period of time...

First of all i reccommend that you have the soul sucking axe

Ok when this battle starts you already have a few units. Immediately kill the units that doviculus has to start with and send your troops to the first geyser. Play Battle Cry to make them stronger and take down the geyser faster. Here is the key to this fight.

The only way units spawn is by being shot out from that big monster in little things that look like syringes. You will be able to hear and see them so as soon as you see one tell your units to stay put and go attack it yourself. THe point of that is to make sure your units do not get killed by anything and you kill the enemys before they damage your units.

Once your original units have killed the first geyser go play fan tribute and spawn more headbangers and thunderhogs. Send all of your units to the next geyser and again, IF YOU SEE OR HEAR A SYRINGE THING THAT SPAWNS MONSTERS KILL IT RIGHT WHEN THE MONSTERS SPAWN. because if the monsters get to your units chances are you will lose quite a few. Continue to take all of the geysers and kill any enemies quickly. Keep spawning more units if any get depleted, and battle cry is your best friend as it raises your units strength.

Once you have control of all the geysers, send your units all to the middle and just have them defend. What your main objective is here is to build a rock crusher. Whenever you see a syringe go and kill them immediately and continue to build up your fan base. remember to use face melter on the little enemies. Whenever an enemy sneaks by and attacks your merch booths quickly dispatch them.

Every time you get the fans to upgrade, do it. Upgrade all the way while continuing to defend and then buy a rock crusher. At this point the fun starts. Keep you units exactly where they are and go on the rock crushe to the first eye thing and spam bladehenge assualt. once the eye is down take and spawn the Druid Plow aka The Duece and drive it into the eye.

The reason i told you to keep your units back and not attack with you is because after you drive into the first eye he will spawn alot of big monsters. IMMEDIATELY get back to your rock crusher and use bladehenge assualt on them before they have a chance to damage your units or your merch booths.

One you kill his big monsters you are on the home stretch. Spawn a few more units, metal beasts and roadies just to be safe then take your rock crusher and attack the next eye thing. Once again leave your units where they are, they are going to serve as a defence just incase. Once they eye is down drive your rock crushe back to the rest of your units and get out. Now take the duece and ride through the second eye that you just killed.

At this point Doviculus will spawn a lot more big monsters, but that doesnt matter, for 2 reasons.

1: You have that awesome defence force you just created

2: you end this battle by driving the duece through the middle of doviculous' side where he is standing on top of.

Once you drive through the middle the battle is over and you win!

Thats how i did it im sure there is a better way but this worked fine for me. I hope this helps

Thanks for the help.

yeah, that's the divoculus part again Oo'

the way i did it was just taking over all the towers on my side of the bridge, and put the spawning point to the bridge... then slowly move forward on the bridge, untill you have the full 40 load and are at the end of the bridge... then just kill her stage, and make sure to use the facemelter, battle cry and the one where you stop her construction for a period of time...

Thanks for the advice, I kept forgetting that I had the solo that stopped her construction.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! I have the same problem as RENEGADE. I'm also stuck on the chapter "Sea of Black Tears" on Brutal difficulty, but my problem is that I can't destroy Ofelia's scene. After destroying two towers and reaching the middle of the bridge, Ofelia is destroying almost all of my units, she is taking over my fan geysers and is destroying my scene. If there is anyone that could write the effective method of destroying Ofelia's scene step by step, PLEASE HELP! I've tried to gather units and sending them through the bridge but most of them was destroyed before they reach her scene. PLEASE HELP! And please write more extended explanation than just create rock crusher and destroy scene because I've tried it.

Hey jesionek,

I used a relatively simple strategy and beat the mission on my 2nd try.

1. Take over the fan geysers on your side of the bridge. This is relatively easy since Ophelia will only send a few troops to attack you at any given time. The majority of her forces will stay on the other side of the bridge until you drop the 2 towers.

2. Set up your main force to occupy the base of the bridge. That way they kill any troops Ophelia sends over immediately.

3. Don't drop the 2 towers until you've upgraded your stage to the maximum level. Go ahead and upgrade your Headbanger & Razor Girl units too. Then build an attacking force with enough room to spare for a Rockcrusher.

4. Line up your forces on your side of the bridge - maybe slightly toward the middle of the bridge. Spawn the Deuce behind your troops. Take the Rockcrusher and destroy one tower. Hop out and play your solo that prevents Ophelia from spawning more troops. Jump back in the Rockcrusher & destroy the last tower. Immediately use the Rockcrusher's attack (the giant sword you used to drop the towers) on Ophelia's troops which will be amassed in a group. Back up your rockcrusher to your main force.

5. This next part is the trickiest! Back up your Rockcrusher while continuing to use the attack. When you rejoin the main force hop out and jump in the Deuce. Now start spamming all of the Deuce's weapons as much as possible. I had the Bolt Guns as my primary and the mic check as my secondary weapons. Keep pressing R1 to check how many troops you have left. As soon as you lose some troops spawn more, fly over to them and send them to the fight!

6. Keep sending your troops forward and don't let Ophelia's troops off the bridge. Continue playing your solo's the prevent her from spawning troops and the Facemelter. Call in some animal friends to help and even use the Zepplin attack. In short, just keep attacking as fast as you can & spawn more troops as soon as one gets killed.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting very frustrated with the " Sea of Black Tears" battle. I have been beaten at least 15 times now. I have tried every different strategy i have found online but still am strugling with this.I have no trouble until i try to drop the two towers on the bridge.There always seems to be an enemy group with a couple of reapers at me before i can get them down. Those bastards tear my rock crusher to pieces in seconds.And when i finally do bring the towers down the enemy army is maxed out and waiting to overrun me. I have had no luck with the fire baron rush strategy. I cant get them anywhere near the enemy stage. My roadie attempts have been even worse, they never seem to get past the enemies on the bridge

I am at a loss as to how to get past this mission.

Hell...I may have the sellout trophy before i beat this damn game. I already have over 100,000 fans spent. LOL

Anyone have any more tips.Some of you folks make this sound so easy...I am jealous of your abilities.:D

Edited by broadsword93

doviculus is a much bigger PitA than ophelia was. i cant tell you how many countless times my guys have been wiped out like nothing. im gonna try that big strategy and hope it works. seriously, this game needs a sequel. that ending was alright but i need more. 5 hour game? no, tim, thats not how youve done it in the past. this and psychonauts need sequels.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey jesionek,

I used a relatively simple strategy and beat the mission on my 2nd try.

1. Take over the fan geysers on your side of the bridge. This is relatively easy since Ophelia will only send a few troops to attack you at any given time. The majority of her forces will stay on the other side of the bridge until you drop the 2 towers.

2. Set up your main force to occupy the base of the bridge. That way they kill any troops Ophelia sends over immediately.

3. Don't drop the 2 towers until you've upgraded your stage to the maximum level. Go ahead and upgrade your Headbanger & Razor Girl units too. Then build an attacking force with enough room to spare for a Rockcrusher.

4. Line up your forces on your side of the bridge - maybe slightly toward the middle of the bridge. Spawn the Deuce behind your troops. Take the Rockcrusher and destroy one tower. Hop out and play your solo that prevents Ophelia from spawning more troops. Jump back in the Rockcrusher & destroy the last tower. Immediately use the Rockcrusher's attack (the giant sword you used to drop the towers) on Ophelia's troops which will be amassed in a group. Back up your rockcrusher to your main force.

5. This next part is the trickiest! Back up your Rockcrusher while continuing to use the attack. When you rejoin the main force hop out and jump in the Deuce. Now start spamming all of the Deuce's weapons as much as possible. I had the Bolt Guns as my primary and the mic check as my secondary weapons. Keep pressing R1 to check how many troops you have left. As soon as you lose some troops spawn more, fly over to them and send them to the fight!

6. Keep sending your troops forward and don't let Ophelia's troops off the bridge. Continue playing your solo's the prevent her from spawning troops and the Facemelter. Call in some animal friends to help and even use the Zepplin attack. In short, just keep attacking as fast as you can & spawn more troops as soon as one gets killed.

Oh my god I can't belive that I didn't think to use the Rock Crusher against Ophelia's troops. *facepalm*

I would use a similar strategy though where I would gather a full army as close as I could to the towers and would take out one tower and hop out to cast debuffs on Ophelia [like the rock block and light of dawn]. Then I would destroy the second tower and then just unload what I could on her stage.

It was slightly effective. My units would take the heat from the Drowning Doom troops while I would use the Zeppelin attack and unload on the stage with the duece,but they would be wiped out in at least 15 seconds,even with Battle Cry.

• 5 months later...
tell me about it i am stuck with the dry ice .

on brutal.

can someone help me in that

ok the best way to do this is to send a group of head bangers along with lita to destroy the fan gesyr on the right. while keeping a group at your stage for defence as u do this upgrade your stage till you can spawn roadies. send them to ophiels stage and you should win in a couple of waves.

Someone else mentioned earlier that you can get by with 1 tower still up (this is after you've gotten as many fan geysers as you can and have units defending at the bridge). Just fly around, summon the Deuce, and fire away. play Bring it Home when you can (crashing blimp). Run when they try to kill you and repeat on the other side. Eventually you'll pick off her reserve vehicles and tree (they respawn a few times) and then you're free to fire away at the stage (Deuce) and keep summoning the blimp when you can.

doviculus is a much bigger PitA than ophelia was. i cant tell you how many countless times my guys have been wiped out like nothing.....

Really? I had far more problems with the Drowning Doom then I had with Doviculus. I thought the last battle was a letdown (won first try, never really in danger) compared to actual stage battles (I find the last battle contrived). Heck, Lionwhyte gave me more problems than Doviculus.

• 1 year later...

can someone please tell me what is the fire baron rush strategy?? I read it here and there but I have no clue what this means?

I tried to play this stage today. got my trrops set up by the bridge, took 1. regroup and play buffs, took the 2nd out and I was ran over by her troops.

So if someone can explain to me about the fire baron rush strategy then I might give that a try