Trophy Discussion

Rambo313

Anyone else have problems unlocking "Quill Tosser"?

I swear, I must have killed a dozen Tollusks by throwing ground urchins at them, but I still haven't unlocked the trophy!

Yeah... figured it out. It was much easier once I started "targeting" the tollusk in stead of "general direction throws"

Edited by MHael

Nope, it unlocked for me just fine after a few tries to get the swing of it. At first it wasn't unlocking because while I was trying it the Tollusks kept getting in too close and hitting it while I was still holding it, dying that way, which I guess doesn't count. But once I get better at keeping my distance, it took quite a few throws, but one did finally go down and I got the trophy.

Anyone else have problems unlocking "Quill Tosser"?

I swear, I must have killed a dozen Tollusks by throwing ground urchins at them, but I still haven't unlocked the trophy!

Make sure you're killing the right animal. At first I thought the tollusk was the mammoth looking thing but it's not. It's the horned frog/bear looking thing.

Nope, it unlocked for me just fine after a few tries to get the swing of it. At first it wasn't unlocking because while I was trying it the Tollusks kept getting in too close and hitting it while I was still holding it, dying that way, which I guess doesn't count. But once I get better at keeping my distance, it took quite a few throws, but one did finally go down and I got the trophy.

Same here. I think it's because when it hits you it counts as it hurting itself.

Edited for me screwing up!!! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/olsen77-albums-ps3t-stuff-picture1468t-square.png

Edited by 2kBlueGTS

Does anyone have any tips for killing the Tollusks? When I've tried it either doesn't stop following me so I can't stop and pick up the Urchins, there's no Urchins around, I get mobbed by the Razorfire boars or patroling allies turn up and kill it.

Thinking about waiting till I finish the game then sticking it on easy and try it that time.

With the Silence Ground Walker trophy, how did you get?

I was sure I was airbourne for more than 5 seconds when I accidentally drove off a cliff in the Duece lol

For Quill Tosser, just keep near the Tollusk to maintain his attention. Don't shock the urchin until you're very close to it, because once you pick it up the Tollusk is going to run like hell. At the same time, make sure that the Tollusk isn't about to attack you when you pick it up because as someone mentioned before, the urchin will explode in your hands and that damage doesn't count as "damage you did" and will ruin your run.

For best results lure the Tollusk up beside the urchin you're going to use. Wait till it takes a swipe at you then shock the urchin and quickly pick it up and throw before the Tollusk runs too far away. If it gets out of range, drop the urchin and catch up with it, then lure it back in the direction of more urchins. Lather, rinse, repeat.

For SGW the cliff north of the Kill Master's mountain is an easy place to get this trophy. Drive off the edge, land on the beach, ding.

Thanks for that. Haven't had another go at QT yet. I didn't realise that it ran away because you were holding the urchin, I just thought the AI was bugged and it just decided to go and kill something else.

Thanks for the beach tip.

For the razor boar trophy. Do I just 'drive' to the place where the final fight took place and drive into any part of the water?

Overkill is not glitched. After you finish killing all the mammoths go back and talk to the hunter to get the trophy and a sweet axe upgrade.

Silence Ground Walker is also not glitched, as I have gotten both trophies today.

When I finished killing all the mammoths the hunter was gone before I could talk to him.

And I tried jumping off as many cliffs as I could but it never worked so I used a video on youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCDvMmbstc0]YouTube - Brutal Legend: Silence, Ground Walker & gameplay preview[/ame]

And it still didn't work.

Did you do these before or after completing the game?

Alright so I went back into the game to try again and it worked this time. lol. I don't know if i did something wrong or what but I got them both. I think I got a concussion when I fell. I'm having trouble.

Thanks for that. Haven't had another go at QT yet. I didn't realise that it ran away because you were holding the urchin, I just thought the AI was bugged and it just decided to go and kill something else.

Thanks for the beach tip.

For the razor boar trophy. Do I just 'drive' to the place where the final fight took place and drive into any part of the water?

Yes. But you can't actually go into the water. you'll die, You have to jump off the boar just before it gets to the water.

Edited by 2kBlueGTS

deos anyone one know how to get the armchair trophy? it say's you have to win a stagebattle without attacking and alone. i still cant think of anyway it's possible.

basically, just let your "puppets" do all the work, the only one that cannot attack is YOU :D

Coolest Thing Ever

Jumped over a Hextadon in the Deuce

WHAT THE HECK IS A HEXTADON?

An ugly Mammoth. They are really slow so just lure them to one of the ramps and drive away quickly then jump over it. They stop moving when they can't see you. You have to jump straight over top of it though. Jumping beside it doesn't count.

2KBlueGTS, lemme guess, The Duece is exploding and you're dying as soon as you go off the cliff? Happened to me, too. Near as I can figure, there's a no-go zone right next to the optimal drop zone. Go off the cliff EXACTLY where the guy in the video did and you should get the trophy. If you manage to drop all the way to the beach without dying and still don't get the trophy shortly after touching down, check your trophy list to make sure it hasn't already been unlocked without your realizing it.

2KBlueGTS, lemme guess, The Duece is exploding and you're dying as soon as you go off the cliff? Happened to me, too. Near as I can figure, there's a no-go zone right next to the optimal drop zone. Go off the cliff EXACTLY where the guy in the video did and you should get the trophy. If you manage to drop all the way to the beach without dying and still don't get the trophy shortly after touching down, check your trophy list to make sure it hasn't already been unlocked without your realizing it.

not allways true. the vid did not load for me when i went for it but i found the spot that everyone was talking about and i flew off the sucker 5 time's and nothing. im gona give it a few more try's before i give up for good.

and before you ask. yes i jump and land safely on the beach and the video just loaded and it's the same spot.

i drove off a cliff in a race, and still got it... even though i died :p

No I did the jump from a couple of places all of which I landed without getting hurt. I also couldn't find the hunter there was a glowing circle where he was supposed to be but he wasn't there. I saved and quit and my game froze at the main menu. Started it up and tried the exact same thing and it worked. Not sure what it was. I have a tendency to leave my playstation on for hours at a time even if I'm not playing it.

How do you get the Painkiller trophy?

I double teamed with it and started driving over loads and loads of enemies, killing them, but the trophy didn't unlock. Any tips?

You have to kill them with the ball like thing that the painkiller shoots. you can roll it around after you shoot it. It's a pain in the ass.

You have to kill them with the ball like thing that the painkiller shoots. you can roll it around after you shoot it. It's a pain in the ass.

The painkiller trophy says:

Killed 25 enemies with the grinder of one Rock Crusher

So is it actually using the Rock Crusher or Painkiller?

I have beaten the game on brutal, and now I'm doing the secondary missions. Just missing a few of the races against Fletus. Does anybody know if switching the difficulty to gentle will prevent me from getting the trophy related to the race missions or the 100% on the stat screen trophy? Would be nice if I can switch to gentle now, as I have a hard time beating Fletus on some of the races.

Edit: I just did this, and it works just fine. Got squeal like a chicken and metal god without a problem.

Edited by Blodappelsin
typo

The painkiller trophy says:

Killed 25 enemies with the grinder of one Rock Crusher

So is it actually using the Rock Crusher or Painkiller?

You use the rock crusher unit from ironheade. You're not supposed to use the double-team attack, just hop on and roll over 25 enemies. It is far easier to boost than to do it normally.