Theoretically, if I never leave the game, will I avoid the file corruption?

Thatguy1212

From all the talk about marathons, it seems that file glitches can be avoided via staying in the game. So, if I acquire those MP concept art stuff first, then never leave the game, will I avoid the glitch? I'm not about to marathon a 30 - 40 hour game, just leave it on all the time.

That said, there probably is no point if I follow the Anti Corruption guide, but I'm still curious as to the effect this will have. Actually, I guess this will let me buy stuff, which I feel inclined to do at this very early point. My usual method of finishing games is finish the game first, collectibles later which does not seem like it works well with the anti corruption road map. I'll probably have to quit out to get to chapter select, so I guess this won't work, but still, advice? Oh, are there even collectibles exclusive to certain chapters? And does purchasing special moves raise my percentage?

Now the update is not downloading... I've waited a while and it has not moved from 0%... gah, what is wrong with this game? I'll leave it on overnight and see what happens, but any suggestions?

Edited by Thatguy1212

I suppose it's possible but leaving your PS3 on for 40+hrs straight is not a good idea as they're not built to do that. Chapter Select, in my experience, is a waste of time as the latest one that worked was about 4hrs from the end :(. This meant I had to redo everything from that point onwards in one go and it was hell because I knew that any mistakes and I done for :(. In post-game free roam you can revisit any part of the map to get the stuff you've missed but the Anti-Corruption Road Map explains everything better than I can :). Literally everything you do raises your % and there's nothing you can do about it, once you get to 75%+ complete then your save will highly likely corrupt :(.

As for the patch. Delete everything to do with the game off your system then wait for upwards of 90secs on the patch download notification screen for the HDD light to stop flashing, before pressing :cross:.

In all honesty this is game you should avoid, the Metal God bug takes all the fun out of playing it :(.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

I suppose it's possible but leaving your PS3 on for 40+hrs straight is not a good idea as they're not built to do that. Chapter Select, in my experience, is a waste of time as the latest one that worked was about 4hrs from the end :(. This meant I had to redo everything from that point onwards in one go and it was hell because I knew that any mistakes and I done for :(. In post-game free roam you can revisit any part of the map to get the stuff you've missed but the Anti-Corruption Road Map explains everything better than I can :). Literally everything you do raises your % and there's nothing you can do about it, once you get to 75%+ complete then your save will highly likely corrupt :(.

As for the patch. Delete everything to do with the game off your system then wait for upwards of 90secs on the patch download notification screen for the HDD light to stop flashing, before pressing :cross:.

In all honesty this is game you should avoid, the Metal God bug takes all the fun out of playing it :(.

Thank you for this amazing reply! The patch is working fine now, and I will follow the anti-corruption road map now instead of destroying my PS3...

As for being a game I should avoid, that is true, but I bought it, so I'm completing it IF IT KILLS ME. (not really, of course, but you get the idea)