Reason why the corrupt save issue still exists.

Obievil

Gamasutra - Happy Action, Happy Developer: Tim Schafer on Reimagining Double Fine

I mean, oh my God, the fact that I can't patch Brütal Legend on the PS3, even though it's a known bug that corrupts your save game, and I want to fix it, and we have the fix. It's checked in and ready to go, but I can't patch the PS3 version of the game, because of all the layers of bureaucracy between me and the player.

So everything I've read, does this mean I can wipe out all of the game data, do not install any of the patches, and play the SP offline and get no game corruption?

does anyone know?

There are even worse bugs in the game when you don't patch so you're stuffed either way and you can't get Metal God without playing online, which you can't do without the patches :(.

What's interesting is some of it carries over from one play through to the next (Such as the concept art) The only thing that doesn't are the collectibles in the game. if not patching prevents the game corruption, and all I need is metal god then hell, I like this game enough to try it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
There are even worse bugs in the game when you don't patch so you're stuffed either way and you can't get Metal God without playing online, which you can't do without the patches :(.

Just curious... what could possibly be a worse bug than a game-breaking save-file-corrupting one?? :think:

I just played through the entire game on the downgraded 1.1 patch, and had no issues whatsoever. The only down-side was being unable to use the new weapons & upgrades from the Infinite Fate DLC, of course. A negligible hindrance, IMO.

Also, contrary to what everyone says (and I couldn't find this written anywhere here), Metal God IS obtainable offline, without updating to the latest patch. Even offline, without the latest patch, you can still go into the multiplayer portion of the game, and play against the AI. It's a little harder as you have to battle the AI at the same time, but you can still keep spawning all the units (and double-team with the mega-stage) for all the needed concept arts.