Road Map to prevent corrupted data

Conceptfly

I decided to post this due to the enormous problems with people losing their save data and either giving up, or having to replay the game to get all of the trophies. A few changes from what I read in the trophy guide and road map are necessary to prevent this from being a real problem. You do the multiplayer trophies at any point, but they are very fast and simple with one boosting partner. Just pick a map that is not popular (like a dlc one), and switch if you meet up with someone else. Trading "surrenders" helps you both get the 50 wins (and all dlc multi-player trophies) in about two hours total (one hour each).

Back up Save Data

First off the save data corruption seems to happen post 78% completion on your stats page. This means that you want to do everything pre 78% that you can that is tedious to prevent this from affecting you. I still advise to make copies of your save data in multiple sources. This means that one time you save it to (for example) a flash drive, and one time you save it to another (real) user account that you have officially created (email address confirmed, etc.). If you do not alternate it is possible that your last save was corrupted, forcing you to start over again.

Before Starting SP, Get All Concept Art

Start by going to a custom game (multiplayer) and spawning each enemy enough times (roughly 20-25 each) to get all the concept art for the Ironheads (playing as them). You do not have to get the other two factions or the creature art for the platinum. Don't forget to double team the stage with :triangle: or stage lights for 5 minutes to get the art for that. If you do not do this first, you may not be able to get back into sp in order to get Metal God. It also should be noted that the spawns have to occur in one battle for any of the specific concept art to unlock. It will not accumulate through different battles (Thanks to Terminator for that note).

Do Not Buy Anything

That's right... I said not to buy anything. You can get whatever upgrades you need, but don't buy anything just because you have the fire tributes. I would recommend only buying the soul-sucking axe once you can, then the high voltage guitar strings. Other than that DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ELSE. This is the simplest way to keep your percentage down. Buying stuff raises your percent in the stats screen (even the free stuff), so I'll repeat myself one more time: DON'T BUY ANYTHING... EVEN FREE STUFF.

Collect Collectables

You want to find all the collectables (i.e. Legends, Viewpoints, Serpants, Jumps, Buried Metal) as soon as they are available. Doing this will make your campaign on Brutal Easier thanks to your solos and higher health/repair rate/ people around you heal rate/ speed of flight. The final battles were a joke for me with everything upgraded on Brutal difficulty. You cannot find the last buried metal until the campaign is complete (the one by the sea of black tears).

Do Hunting Missions

Find the hunter in the first area on the map (to beat his records) and do each of those as soon as you can. The first ones are quick and painless, but the last ones (when he is in the snowy area) can be time consuming. Getting them over with will enable you to only have easy things to do left.

Beat the Game Up to 78%

You can be cautious and only get up to 75% if you like, but my game loaded back to 78% after my save corrupted on me. Do not worry about the side missions as these are fast and simple, and can be done on the easiest difficulty after beating the campaign on brutal. If you didn't buy anything at all, you should be able to beat up to or past the final mission. I would back up your save data right before the final stage battle just to play it safe.

Do all Side Trophies

At this point you want to get all of the trophies that pertain to the side missions that you can (other than the purchasing ones), but the one's such as Boar Bather that require you to have most of the map opened up.

Beat the Game and Platinum in One Sitting

From here you cannot turn your Playstation 3 off, or quit to the main menu... ever. You can, however, load the last checkpoint from the :start: menu safely in case you get caught in one of the many areas that you cannot get out of. All you should have left at this point is to beat the campaign, get the final buried metal, and beat all of the side missions. Remember you can change the difficulty from the :start: menu after beating the campaign on brutal difficulty to make it go faster.

If you follow this road map you should be able to get it done without problems.

Edited by Conceptfly

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this useful guide! Nicely done!

I wanted to ask you, what do you do if you already did some of those things (buy stuff). I am at 57% completion rate, and I think my data is already corrupted since the axe in the corner freezes when I load up the game (like last corrupted data). Story is beaten, but I am going for collectables, and side missions.

I really don't want to play thru this game a 3rd time.

Thanks for this useful guide! Nicely done!

I wanted to ask you, what do you do if you already did some of those things (buy stuff). I am at 57% completion rate, and I think my data is already corrupted since the axe in the corner freezes when I load up the game (like last corrupted data). Story is beaten, but I am going for collectables, and side missions.

I really don't want to play thru this game a 3rd time.

If you can load the game in single player then it's not corrupted yet. According to the developers it should corrupt until later on in your percentage, but that doesn't mean that yours isn't. If you can load the sp campaign I would back up your save data now on a flash or SD card (2nd only on the systems that allow), and keep switching back and forth between two things that you are saving it on. See if you can get to around 78% without it messing up. Do all of the most difficult things first in hopes that you won't have to do them again (hunting missions, etc.). Don't buy anything else. If it corrupts before the 78% then you'll have to load the last save that allowed you into the campaign, and play it without exiting.

The first thing you should do is make sure you have all of the Ironhead concept art, since you have no other chances to get it after completing the campaign.

To recap:

1. Concept art

2. Use multiple save venues and alternate

3. Play up to 78% or until it corrupts

4. At 78% or at the reload point after corruption happens plan on playing until 100%

I've just finished grinding all the Concept Art in custom matches and have some new info for you. At the moment your guide say you need to spawn each unit type 20-25 times but that's not always the case as some took well over 30 where as the Rock Crusher only took 5-6 spawns before the Concept Art for it unlocked.

Also, You have to spawn the required number units in one match as the spawns don't stack.

PS: This guide is now in ShadowStrife's Glitched trophy thread ;).

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

I've just finished grinding all the Concept Art in custom matches and have some new info for you. At the moment your guide say you need to spawn each unit type 20-25 times but that's not always the case as some took well over 30 where as the Rock Crusher only took 5-6 spawns before the Concept Art for it unlocked.

I didn't actually count each one, but I did notice the rock crusher only took 5. I was careful to say "roughly" to illustrate that I didn't want to count and that it can vary from this:p. If you, or anyone else wants to figure out the exact number for each I'll gladly change it and give you credit. :bananadance:

Also, You have to spawn the required number units in one match as the spawns don't stack.

True. If you think this needs revising I can change that.

PS: This guide is now in ShadowStrife's Glitched trophy thread ;).

Nice! Do I get a cookie? :xmas:

I decided to post this due to the enormous problems with people losing their save data and either giving up, or having to replay the game to get all of the trophies. A few changes from what I read in the trophy guide and road map are necessary to prevent this from being a real problem. You do the multiplayer trophies at any point, but they are very fast and simple with one boosting partner. Just pick a map that is not popular (like a dlc one), and switch if you meet up with someone else. Trading "surrenders" helps you both get the 50 wins (and all dlc multi-player trophies) in about two hours total (one hour each).

Back up Save Data

First off the save data corruption seems to happen post 78% completion on your stats page. This means that you want to do everything pre 78% that you can that is tedious to prevent this from affecting you. I still advise to make copies of your save data in multiple sources. This means that one time you save it to (for example) a flash drive, and one time you save it to another (real) user account that you have officially created (email address confirmed, etc.). If you do not alternate it is possible that your last save was corrupted, forcing you to start over again.

Before Starting SP, Get All Concept Art

Start by going to a custom game (multiplayer) and spawning each enemy enough times (roughly 20-25 each) to get all the concept art for the Ironheads (playing as them). You do not have to get the other two factions or the creature art for the platinum. Don't forget to double team the stage with :triangle: or stage lights for 5 minutes to get the art for that. If you do not do this first, you may not be able to get back into sp in order to get Metal God. It also should be noted that the spawns have to occur in one battle for any of the specific concept art to unlock. It will not accumulate through different battles (Thanks to Terminator for that note).

Do Not Buy Anything

That's right... I said not to buy anything. You can get whatever upgrades you need, but don't buy anything just because you have the fire tributes. I would recommend only buying the soul-sucking axe once you can, then the high voltage guitar strings. Other than that DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ELSE. This is the simplest way to keep your percentage down. Buying stuff raises your percent in the stats screen (even the free stuff), so I'll repeat myself one more time: DON'T BUY ANYTHING... EVEN FREE STUFF.

Collect Collectables

You want to find all the collectables (i.e. Legends, Viewpoints, Serpants, Jumps, Buried Metal) as soon as they are available. Doing this will make your campaign on Brutal Easier thanks to your solos and higher health/repair rate/ people around you heal rate/ speed of flight. The final battles were a joke for me with everything upgraded on Brutal difficulty. You cannot find the last buried metal until the campaign is complete (the one by the sea of black tears).

Do Hunting Missions

Find the hunter in the first area on the map (to beat his records) and do each of those as soon as you can. The first ones are quick and painless, but the last ones (when he is in the snowy area) can be time consuming. Getting them over with will enable you to only have easy things to do left.

Beat the Game Up to 78%

You can be cautious and only get up to 75% if you like, but my game loaded back to 78% after my save corrupted on me. Do not worry about the side missions as these are fast and simple, and can be done on the easiest difficulty after beating the campaign on brutal. If you didn't buy anything at all, you should be able to beat up to or past the final mission. I would back up your save data right before the final stage battle just to play it safe.

Do all Side Trophies

At this point you want to get all of the trophies that pertain to the side missions that you can (other than the purchasing ones), but the one's such as Boar Bather that require you to have most of the map opened up.

Beat the Game and Platinum in One Sitting

From here you cannot turn your Playstation 3 off, or quit to the main menu... ever. You can, however, load the last checkpoint from the :start: menu safely in case you get caught in one of the many areas that you cannot get out of. All you should have left at this point is to beat the campaign, get the final buried metal, and beat all of the side missions. Remember you can change the difficulty from the :start: menu after beating the campaign on brutal difficulty to make it go faster.

If you follow this road map you should be able to get it done without problems.

i got 10 out of 17 concept art and i've done what you said to do and i haven't gotten any new one's

i was wondering what the 7 others are and how to get them

i doubled teamed the stage and i got all the units and i'm missing 7 still any help?

• 1 month later...
Is corruption 100% going to happen? I notice my axe in the corner already starting to freeze up when I load the game.

I wanted to try the 1.01 downgrade, but is it useful, too?

Not a guarantee, but it happens most of the time it seems. I have a friend that just played it without any corruption at all. The ax load icon seems to take longer the further you get into the game. The corruption only occurs when it simply will not load the single player game at all from the last checkpoint, but usually will from a previous chapter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...